Author Topic: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.  (Read 16559 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2011, 09:29:29 PM »

Pheasants/home defense/shooting shit for fun
A semi auto would be a nice dual use. How do pheasant loads compare with 9 pellet 00 Buck for pressure?

Dunno. Never shot buckshot. This is slug country. I can imagine a 3 1/2" Magnum slug would kill like a motherfucker.

Fixed?

P7PSP

« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »

Pheasants/home defense/shooting shit for fun
A semi auto would be a nice dual use. How do pheasant loads compare with 9 pellet 00 Buck for pressure?

Dunno. Never shot buckshot. This is slug country. I can imagine a 3 1/2" Magnum slug would kill like a motherfucker.

Fixed?
Not quite. A 31/2" Magnum will kick w/o respect to whether or not it hits. It will only kill if placed properly. Remember the 3 most important aspects of stopping power are 1) placement, 2) placement and 3) placement.*  :thumbup: With that qualification out of the way a 12 gauge slug kills real well.

*I cribbed that from Evan Marshall, retired Detroit SWAT Team leader.  :viking:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2011, 11:30:06 PM »
The first time you shot with a shotgun (or was it some other name?), how far did it push you back?

P7PSP

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2011, 12:32:04 AM »
The first time you shot with a shotgun (or was it some other name?), how far did it push you back?
The recoil was considerable the first time I fired a shotgun. It was a 20 gauge owned by my cousin Corey, he loaded it hot as a joke. I was 8 or 9 years old.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2011, 08:30:23 AM »
 You've traveled a fair amount and have visited some famous museums.  Have you ever experienced this?   :orly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stendhal_syndrome
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2011, 03:49:46 PM »
No. I find some art quite evocative but have never fainted or hallucinated from it.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2011, 06:03:40 AM »
The recoil was considerable the first time I fired a shotgun. It was a 20 gauge owned by my cousin Corey, he loaded it hot as a joke. I was 8 or 9 years old.

Shit! Did you end up flat on your back with a sore shoulder?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2011, 01:01:28 PM »

Shit! Did you end up flat on your back with a sore shoulder?
Not flat on my back Sir_Les but it got my shoulder's attention.  :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »
 Many of us who work with our hands have carpal tunnel syndrome or other repetitive-stress-type injuries, do you?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2011, 01:12:41 AM »
Many of us who work with our hands have carpal tunnel syndrome or other repetitive-stress-type injuries, do you?   :orly:
I had tennis elbow from cutting heavy gauge grounding wire, #2 IIRC, with my lineman's pliers instead of getting the rabbit gun. That hurt like hell and I had to get a cortisone shot and then my elbow swelled up and hurt worse for about 16 hours. It felt better after that but I needed to wear one of those brace wraps regularly for a while.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
Have you ever been banned/thrown out of anywhere?
IRL or on internet
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »
Heroes in literature and in movies. People you admire for what they are.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
IRL or on internet
I have been asked to leave a few bars when I was younger. I have never been kicked off of an online forum, I guess I have a knack for getting along with others online.  :zoinks:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »
IRL or on internet
I have been asked to leave a few bars when I was younger. I have never been kicked off of an online forum, I guess I have a knack for getting along with others online.  :zoinks:

Go over to WP and call Alex a fag if you want to add that notch to your belt.  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

P7PSP

« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2011, 02:59:25 PM »
Heroes in literature and in movies. People you admire for what they are.
Conan, Sidney Carton, Scarlett O'Hara, Paul Baumer, Ender Wiggins, Paul Atreides and Stee Jans from literature.

Archimedes, Pythagoras, Hooke, Boyle, Pascal, Rutherford and van Bohr among others in the sciences.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Paul Jones (the USN was my branch), Stephen Decatur, Anthony McAuliffe and the men @ Bastogne with him, the French defenders @ Bir Hakeim, Anzacs @ Gallipoli were all bad motherfuckers.

One hero who's name I don't know is a Chief on the USS Forrestal who ran out on the deck to save a pilot who's canopy would not open due to damage from the fire. With the plane about to be enveloped in flames he raced out with a 15 lb fire bottle in each hand (they actually weigh 30 - 35 lbs gross) and just before he reached the plane it all blew up. The USN shows the Forrestal fire film to all fire fighting classes to illustrate the importance of doing your job and teamwork. I saw it in the 3 day intro class @ RTC in San Diego and in the 2 week class @ FRAMP School @ NAS Norfolk.