Educational

Author Topic: Should underage abortions require parental consent?  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Should underage abortions require parental consent?
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »
Wht if the parents refuse to give their consent?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Should underage abortions require parental consent?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:45:12 PM »
Yes. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 01:46:14 PM »
And what if the parents say No?

Offline kaileen

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 01:46:37 PM »
i thought that all underage abortions already require it.
If i was underage and wanted an abortion, and my parents wouldn't allow it, i'd tell them to keep the baby. I don't want it and i refuse to take care of it.
"Me divierto en arrancar del pecho mi mismo corazón...

un cadáver más qué importa al mundo?"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
And what if the parents say No?

She has the baby.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 01:48:23 PM »
So you'd force a young girl to give birth against her wishes?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »
Life isn't fair all the time.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »
I would hope she could talk to her parents about it if she felt threatened by one or both of them then she should see a social worker and there should be a way to get one going through the system
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »
of course

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 03:00:46 PM »
I think it's quite scary that any of you think it's ok to force a child to give birth against her will

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 04:02:23 PM »
I think it's quite scary that any of you think it's ok to force a child to give birth against her will

I would never force my daughter to give birth against her will, but if she's a minor, she would need parental consent for any other medical procedure, so why shouldn't she need her parents to at least know she's having an abortion, in case she needs medical care afterward?  I mean sometimes abortions don't go as planned and she could lose a lot of blood afterward or get an infection.  She could die if she tried to keep this secret from her parents.

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »

I would never force my daughter to give birth against her will, but if she's a minor, she would need parental consent for any other medical procedure, so why shouldn't she need her parents to at least know she's having an abortion, in case she needs medical care afterward? 

The reason (once again) that girls need the right to have an abortion without parental knowledge OR consent, is religious fuckwitery. Muslims ae pretty bad about this. If a muslim girl in the US gets raped, she can go and have an abortion and her parents (especially her dad) won't find out. Otherwise, her parents could accuse her of having pre-marital consentual sex, and murder her in an "honor killing".

There's conservative christians that are almost as bad with this shit. You have to keep in mind that deeply religious parents are basically fucking insane when it comes to sexual issues.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 04:27:42 PM »

I would never force my daughter to give birth against her will, but if she's a minor, she would need parental consent for any other medical procedure, so why shouldn't she need her parents to at least know she's having an abortion, in case she needs medical care afterward? 

The reason (once again) that girls need the right to have an abortion without parental knowledge OR consent, is religious fuckwitery. Muslims ae pretty bad about this. If a muslim girl in the US gets raped, she can go and have an abortion and her parents (especially her dad) won't find out. Otherwise, her parents could accuse her of having pre-marital consentual sex, and murder her in an "honor killing".

There's conservative christians that are almost as bad with this shit. You have to keep in mind that deeply religious parents are basically fucking insane when it comes to sexual issues.

OK, I hadn't thought about the parents being off the deep end crazy and harming or possibly killing their daughter for having sex.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
Any discussion about abortion revolves the question of when life begins.  I understand that to those who believe that life begins at conception abortion is murder.  To those who believe that life begins at some point in the pregnancy, abortion is permissable until that point is reached.

Whatever someone believes is most likely heavily colored by your religious upbringing/beliefs.

In my case my view on abortion was forged by my miscarriages and that my mother tried to abort me because it was not a "good" time in her marriage, since my father was just starting college and she had planned to work.  She had to quit her job (this was 1949 you know) and Dad worked full time, went to college full time, maintained a B average and graduated in 3 years.  Oddly enough there was no consideration given to aborting my sister who is 2 1/2 years younger.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »
Any discussion about abortion revolves the question of when life begins.  I understand that to those who believe that life begins at conception abortion is murder.  To those who believe that life begins at some point in the pregnancy, abortion is permissable until that point is reached.

Whatever someone believes is most likely heavily colored by your religious upbringing/beliefs.

In my case my view on abortion was forged by my miscarriages and that my mother tried to abort me because it was not a "good" time in her marriage, since my father was just starting college and she had planned to work.  She had to quit her job (this was 1949 you know) and Dad worked full time, went to college full time, maintained a B average and graduated in 3 years.  Oddly enough there was no consideration given to aborting my sister who is 2 1/2 years younger.

If this is too personal, then don't answer, but how did your mother try to abort you and how is it that you are still here, Weakling?