Educational

Author Topic: WALLPAPER  (Read 7363 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: WALLPAPER
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »
I hate it too I will ask O man if I can edit them

YOU and Odeon and Callaway and I forget who else has "privileges,"  CAN indeed edit them if necessary and I would appluad the effort, however, contemplating a rule to ban someone for not being able to express themselves in an appropriate manner is the essence of WP and those twunty sites that would choose to please a few individuals over the collective wisdom of the many which make up a "community."

I think she was maybe joking about the bans :-\

Fascism, terrorism, banning and rape are not subjects that those of us who know a bit about them are willing to joke about.

If it was a joke, then I will shut up and accept the damage that has been done as another example of someone not knowing how to communicate well.

... including my own self in that group, that is.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »

YOU and Odeon and Callaway and I forget who else has "privileges,"  CAN indeed edit them if necessary and I would appluad the effort, however, contemplating a rule to ban someone for not being able to express themselves in an appropriate manner is the essence of WP and those twunty sites that would choose to please a few individuals over the collective wisdom of the many which make up a "community."

I would not want to ban them but wish they would use some common sense and take care of it themselves.    As of it loading slow for me I am sure I am not the only one.  Editing anythin not threatening the site I think should be a decision of more than just one of us should agree on
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 06:44:47 PM »
Yeah I don't think we should ban anyone for it. I see nothing wrong with them being edited down though if it's repeated. Once in a while to make a point is ok, but in every fucking thread you click kn when you get in... that's just annoying as the page loads slower. for me anyway

You HAVE missed my entire point!!

SHIT!!

what point?

I didnt really read your post, just skimmed the thread

Well, SHIT, TWICE!!

This is how fucked up things happen.

People just skim and go about their business oblivious to the reality of what the are involved in.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »

I think she was maybe joking about the bans :-\

Fascism, terrorism, banning and rape are not subjects that those of us who know a bit about them are willing to joke about.

If it was a joke, then I will shut up and accept the damage that has been done as another example of someone not knowing how to communicate well.

... including my own self in that group, that is.

I'm sorry DD, my inner aspie's probably playing up again. But, are you serious :-\

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 06:46:15 PM »

I would not want to ban them but wish they would use some common sense and take care of it themselves.    As of it loading slow for me I am sure I am not the only one.  Editing anythin not threatening the site I think should be a decision of more than just one of us should agree on

You're not the only one. Certain pages become almost unusable for me when loaded with walls of smilies.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »
Fuck this!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »

Rage and Mudkipz are  perfectly capable of expreshing themselves in numerous appropriate manners.  An occasional, restrained wallpapering is not what I'm objecting to. 

I do not know what can and cannot be done or what is chosen to be done or not done by moderators.  In my ignorance I came up with the temporary ban idea.  It would be okay to have a warning or two before having a temporary ban.  In the meantime I've chosen to put those members on a temporary ignore status for a while. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 06:48:43 PM »
Yeah I don't think we should ban anyone for it. I see nothing wrong with them being edited down though if it's repeated. Once in a while to make a point is ok, but in every fucking thread you click kn when you get in... that's just annoying as the page loads slower. for me anyway

SHIT!!

what point?

Well, SHIT, TWICE!!

People just skim and go about their business oblivious to the reality of what the are involved in.

What I am involved in? We're on a website on the internet, not the fucking houses of parliament.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 06:49:07 PM »
Call me captain obvious, but the reason 'wallpaper' pisses people off is that apsies and auties can't handle information overload. And that's what happens when too much of that shit is displayed at once. I was guilty of it a couple of times myself, and since I learned to cope with losing it, I don't post like that anymore.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »

SHIT!!

what point?

Well, SHIT, TWICE!!

What I am involved in? We're on a website on the internet, not the fucking houses of parliament.

I think he's just having a laugh with us, although I'm not very sure. I hope to fuck he's just having a laugh with us, because if he's serious I think he's acting rather inappropriatlely :-\

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 06:52:02 PM »
This isn;t an AS thing - it would piss off NTs too - it's the fact that it slows down most people/s computers. Even if only for a couple seconds, when it's in every fuciking thread that gets annoying

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 06:52:42 PM »

I think he's just having a laugh with us, although I'm not very sure. I hope to fuck he's just having a laugh with us, because if he's serious I think he's acting rather inappropriatlely :-\

OK I am probably just missing this lol

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »

OK I am probably just missing this lol

:indeed: his humour is going somewhat over my head at the moment.