Author Topic: WALLPAPER  (Read 7325 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
WALLPAPER
« on: October 07, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »
I propose an automatic temporary ban of 1 week for anyone who posts a picture, smiley, space, etc.  that goes on for more than 3 lines. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: WALLPAPER
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
I propose an automatic temporary ban of 1 week for anyone who posts a picture, smiley, space, etc.  that goes on for more than 3 lines. 

I couldn't agree more. That bugged hell out of me today.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »
I hate it too I will ask O man if I can edit them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

richard

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »
Topicbombing is annoying. but I'm used to it, Ive been on the internet for a long time now, it happens everywhere.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »
As a temporary measure I'm putting anyone who has decided to hang wallpaper on Ignore.  The Queen is NOT amused.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »

Meh, lighten up a bit.

Several of us have done so, out of misplaced rage or the inability to properly express ourselves, and thought better of it upon the morn.  Some days are diamonds and some days are coal. Fucking deal with it or find one of the many well indicated exits available on each floor.

If you insist upon pursuing this fascist reign of power mongery, then might I also suggest a Three Strikes Rule, as long as no more than one strike is counted after one single day/incident/melt down.

I suggest that you get over yourself a bit.

Everyone else should simply call this "Strike One" for this poster and ignore it until tomorrow and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:32:32 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »
I am using someone elses connection and it slow so the wall paper takes too much time
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 06:32:19 PM »
As a temporary measure I'm putting anyone who has decided to hang wallpaper on Ignore.  The Queen is NOT amused.

Besides, they didn't use Wedgewood blue and Etruscan red regency stripes.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »

YOU and Odeon and Callaway and I forget who else has "privileges,"  CAN indeed edit them if necessary and I would appluad the effort, however, contemplating a rule to ban someone for not being able to express themselves in an appropriate manner is the essence of WP and those twunty sites that would choose to please a few individuals over the collective wisdom of the many which make up a "community."
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »
I am using someone elses connection and it slow so the wall paper takes too much time

Again, ONE person in a community is having mroe trouble than the rest of the community.

THIS IS NOT A REASON TO MAKE A FUCKING BLANKET RULE AGAINST THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY!!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »
Yeah I don't think we should ban anyone for it. I see nothing wrong with them being edited down though if it's repeated. Once in a while to make a point is ok, but in every fucking thread you click kn when you get in... that's just annoying as the page loads slower. for me anyway

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 06:39:46 PM »

YOU and Odeon and Callaway and I forget who else has "privileges,"  CAN indeed edit them if necessary and I would appluad the effort, however, contemplating a rule to ban someone for not being able to express themselves in an appropriate manner is the essence of WP and those twunty sites that would choose to please a few individuals over the collective wisdom of the many which make up a "community."

I think she was maybe joking about the bans :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 06:40:16 PM »
Yeah I don't think we should ban anyone for it. I see nothing wrong with them being edited down though if it's repeated. Once in a while to make a point is ok, but in every fucking thread you click kn when you get in... that's just annoying as the page loads slower. for me anyway

You HAVE missed my entire point!!

SHIT!!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »

You HAVE missed my entire point!!

SHIT!!

what point?

I didnt really read your post, just skimmed the thread

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
Hands DD a chill pill :o