Author Topic: What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:21:35 PM »
What, that you can remember and posting it wouldnt dredge up painful memories, is the dumbest thing you've ever done.

Mine is when me and my father went bay fishing during a tornado.  We were trying to find something we'd enjoy doing together(which we have failed at grotesquely) and we tried to go fishing.  We tried sea fishing, and lake fishing, and all had been failures, so we tried fishing in the bay.  We got in a rental boat, rented at Polly's boats by the way, the most cheap and shitty looking establishment outside of butt-fuck no where and drove out for 15 minutes, then sat there for an hour, and then it occured to us we should try turning off the motor incase it was scaring away the fish.  Then it got windy and rainy, and the rain was coming at us from the side so the canopy was useless, and we were drenched and freezing, and we didnt catch any fish, and then we decided.... fuck it.  So we tried to turn the motor back on..... 30 minutes later we figured out how to do that.  And apparently we had drifted because it took us 45 minutes to drive back to where we started.  And then we decided to free the minoes.  And then we dumped them overboard, only realizing at the last moment it was into the motor.  And we finally got back onto (relatively) dry land, shambled into the car and declared it the dumbest thing we've ever done.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:34:28 PM »
At least you weren't alone in that.  :laugh:

I've done many dumb things, but I can't think of the dumbest right now. :-\

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 09:39:21 PM »
At least you weren't alone in that.  :laugh:

I've done many dumb things, but I can't think of the dumbest right now. :-\
Same here for Me too. :laugh:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 09:39:27 PM »
And then we decided to free the minoes.  And then we dumped them overboard, only realizing at the last moment it was into the motor.

Apparently I have no respect for the sanctity of life, because that was the most hilarious thing I read all day.

I've done my share of dumb things, but unfortunately all the spectacularly dumb ones seem to have erased themselves from my memory. I know they're in there though, hiding, somewhere.... If inspiration strikes, I will be back.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:25:55 AM »
what is the dumbest thing that i have ever done?

hmmmm...
where do i start?
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »
More than a year ago I had to have my wisdom teeth cut out. When I got home I was exhausted and in a ton of pain. My mouth was sealed shut from dried blood, and I didn't want to eat anything. Unfortunately I had to eat something in order to take the painkillers prescribed to me. So I ate a chocolate pudding knowing damn well it wouldn' be enough food for me and took the pill. Five minutes later I was throwing up all of the blood I had swallowed duing the procedure. I had been wondering why I felt so full when I got home.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:42:43 PM »
Trusted people who really didn't deserve that trust far too many times, even giving them second, third, fourth chances >:(

Triste

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 01:49:33 PM »
What, that you can remember and posting it wouldnt dredge up painful memories, is the dumbest thing you've ever done.

Mine is when me and my father went bay fishing during a tornado.  We were trying to find something we'd enjoy doing together(which we have failed at grotesquely) and we tried to go fishing.  We tried sea fishing, and lake fishing, and all had been failures, so we tried fishing in the bay.  We got in a rental boat, rented at Polly's boats by the way, the most cheap and shitty looking establishment outside of butt-fuck no where and drove out for 15 minutes, then sat there for an hour, and then it occured to us we should try turning off the motor incase it was scaring away the fish.  Then it got windy and rainy, and the rain was coming at us from the side so the canopy was useless, and we were drenched and freezing, and we didnt catch any fish, and then we decided.... fuck it.  So we tried to turn the motor back on..... 30 minutes later we figured out how to do that.  And apparently we had drifted because it took us 45 minutes to drive back to where we started.  And then we decided to free the minoes.  And then we dumped them overboard, only realizing at the last moment it was into the motor.  And we finally got back onto (relatively) dry land, shambled into the car and declared it the dumbest thing we've ever done.

That's hysterical (in the telling, that is).  I especially love that bit about freeing the minnows.  There's something "Finding Nemo"-ish about it.

Anyway, sounds like every family vacation I've ever been forced to go on.  You get back home and wonder why in hell you left in the first place.

Triste

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 01:52:57 PM »
Dumbest thing I ever did was hitchhike to the beach (150 miles from home) with a few of my friends when I was 15.  Barefoot.  We caught a ride with a trucker and thought we were cool.  OMG how stupid can you get.  It was a wake-up call - when I got back home safely, I realized it was only through some miracle and that from then on I'd think before I did something.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 02:03:25 PM »
Dumbest thing I ever did was hitchhike to the beach (150 miles from home) with a few of my friends when I was 15.  Barefoot.  We caught a ride with a trucker and thought we were cool.  OMG how stupid can you get.  It was a wake-up call - when I got back home safely, I realized it was only through some miracle and that from then on I'd think before I did something.

Pretty damn lucky. That's the premise of most of the cases I see on the A&E channel crime shows.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 06:22:20 AM »
was riding my bike with my little bro on the handle bars.

i thought it would be a good idea to have him steer while i peddled.

the little prick jumped off the bike.  head over heals i went.
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 03:32:08 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 07:46:20 PM »
I've done my share of dumb stuff too.....

But the most recent occurred this past winter when I hopped on the motorcycle for a ride when my mind was preoccupied with something else.
I lost sight of how dangerous motorcycling was.
My lack of presence of mind that day resulted in me getting in a wreck with a truck.

I managed to walk away with relatively minor injuries, just severe bruising ...nothing broken on me...bike totaled.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »
As a kid somebody took My front tire off My bike I did not tighten bolts good enough. When I popped a wheelie and the front tire came off I landed My knees it hurted like hell.
Guardian of the Empire

hiroshima

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 08:27:44 PM »
Too many to count!!!