Educational

Author Topic: What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?  (Read 6623 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »
Hey you guys!  I'm as innocent as that newly driven snow outside.  Oh wait, there's no snow.

I keep visualising snow that has been driven on by big trucks, when I read that expression. And see the mucky grey matter that that can bring.

Well, that's the general idea.  Good visualization.

You were wise to have a decent department working on public relations on your staff Your Majesty.

Yes, I am truly fortunate to have two such famous gossips, oops I mean loyal Ladies, as Weeble and Hykeswell.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2010, 06:41:12 PM »
My son draws amazing animals and then cuts them out, like paper dolls.  He draws them in 2D in such a way, that he then bends and folds them to simulate 3D after he cuts them out.

I have been hounding him - well no, I have been hounding him - wait let me try again, I have been hounding him - OK, I have been hounding him to NOT cut them out, but to set his drawings into backgrounds and create landscapes that support his drawings.

Today, my very artistic son (in an effort to please his father) made an incredible drawing of his "Greek mythology scene" including a crying Griffin, with tears of fire bleeding from his eys, mourning over a fossilised broken skeleton of an ancient, dead Griffin, set in a harsh rock background with a volcano spitting fire into the sky and burning trees in the foreground, but a lake of hope nearby (his ability to draw in proper perspective amazes me).

He then cut the entire thing into a kind of jigsaw puzzle and presented it to me as a gift.

I had to put it back together to find out what his gift was all about.

I know this kid - he is MY kid - and he so intelligent and incredibly sensitive and feeling of the powers of nature and the way to reach into peoples' hearts, that I just have to take deep breaths sometimes to keep from showing him too much emotion, before I can respond to him, most of the time.  Hell - damn near all of the time.

His sum is so much more than his parts.

Not sure it was really all that dumb, but right now, I am still amazed in his way of meeting the challenge I put before him.

in my book, a young griffin bleeding tears of fire over a fossilised griffin wins
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:46:21 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2010, 07:09:23 PM »
Awesome DirtDawg.  I have an artistic sister and my father-in-law was a commercial artist.  I am sorely lacking in artistry.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2010, 07:30:34 PM »
This happened last year and it was pretty stupid but it just happened, lol.
Basically, I was leaving the house getting ready for college and what i did half way was forget my college pass.

I ended up going all the way back and that took half an hour.

When I arrived, I sure had been in trouble for being completely late, literally 1 hour late and I ended up forgetting something else....

My money.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2010, 01:27:29 PM »
I could never narrow this down to onr thing. I do something dumb every week. I just had new car a few days and a lorry parked behind me blocking me in. I thought I could reverse through the gap, but it was miles to small. I smashed my back windscreen and boot and the car spent weeks in the garage getting fixed.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2010, 01:33:08 PM »
And then at around the same time. I brought my friends little brothers and sister out for a drive. The youngest brother wanted a shot at driving, so like the idiot I am I found a big empty carpark, and without any instructions I let him loose. He was about 13 at the time. He got up to a decent speed and turned the wheel, but without braking. The car went round the corner on 2 wheels and the young girl was screaming her eyes out. Their parents were nice enough about it, but they never let any of their younger children get in a car I was driving again.