Educational

Author Topic: Oi RPM1978  (Read 4292 times)

Blasted

Oi RPM1978
« on: October 14, 2009, 03:23:55 PM »
GOD DOESN'T EXIST

What do ya say to that?  :zoinks:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Oi RPM1978
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 07:40:55 PM »

your god is dead
and no one cares
if there is a hell
i'll see you there

Celticgoddess

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »
Did I ever tell you guys that my Dad is a high priest? :laugh:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 08:03:38 PM »
Did I ever tell you guys that my Dad is a high priest? :laugh:

of what?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Celticgoddess

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 08:05:31 PM »
As in a religious high priest. But in the church I grew up in, priests can marry, have families etc. I'm not an uber religious person. I'm more spiritual. I see a difference between the two.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 08:06:59 PM »
I ment more on the lines of what religion you know Zeus Odin Isis
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 07:07:10 AM »

your god is dead
and no one cares
if there is a hell
i'll see you there

<3 that song
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RPM1978

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
What proof do you have that God doesn't exist?

If God is not real then who create us? and please give me an answer that is different from Evolution and Big Bang (i've heard the Evolution and Big Bang created us story repeatedly, so if you have a different idea than those things, come up with something, like go ahead and say it was Zeus, or Ganesh or Odin or Space Aliens or a Totem Pole or whatever, if you are so sure God is not real).

Heck I like that story in Japan of gods creating Japan and then the rest of the world, sure I don't believe that to be the true creation story but I like that story and actually find that story more believable than Evolution.

There was an atheist who tried to prove Evolution and he proofed we had to have been created, but he didn't wanna believe God or any diety created us, so he came up with the idea that the Space Aliens brought us here, how did they get there? oh another advanced Alien race created them? ok how did they get there? an even more advanced Alien race created them, and well it would keep going on and on and on.

In my Church we don't have Priests we have Pastors and the reason our preacher is not ordained for the title of Priest itself is because we believe in the Priesthood of all true believers in Christ our Lord, regardless of which Church denomination you belong to.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »

Too late. Thread is already off topic.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 12:33:49 PM »
dude what proof do you have that god DOES exist

burden is on you to prove your shit, not us to disprove it. by its nature, we can't disprove it.

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 12:54:22 PM »
What proof do you have that God doesn't exist?

What proof do you have that Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist?

Quote from: RPM1978
If God is not real then who create us? and please give me an answer that is different from Evolution and Big Bang (i've heard the Evolution and Big Bang created us story repeatedly, so if you have a different idea than those things, come up with something, like go ahead and say it was Zeus, or Ganesh or Odin or Space Aliens or a Totem Pole or whatever, if you are so sure God is not real).

Why does is have to be a "who" and not a "what"?

Heck I like that story in Japan of gods creating Japan and then the rest of the world, sure I don't believe that to be the true creation story but I like that story and actually find that story more believable than Evolution.

This is proof that your worldview is solipsistic.

There was an atheist who tried to prove Evolution and he proofed we had to have been created, but he didn't wanna believe God or any diety created us, so he came up with the idea that the Space Aliens brought us here, how did they get there? oh another advanced Alien race created them? ok how did they get there? an even more advanced Alien race created them, and well it would keep going on and on and on.

Just like your bible, this story is totaly made up.

In my Church we don't have Priests we have Pastors and the reason our preacher is not ordained for the title of Priest itself is because we believe in the Priesthood of all true believers in Christ our Lord, regardless of which Church denomination you belong to.

Then why not go a step further and have a pastorhood of all true believers?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »
Personally I think we cannot prove or disprove whether god exists or not. To be so sure if god exists/doesn't exist is quite arrogant. Besides, a far amount of Atheists are just as bad as hardcore Christians.

Religion is only a concept, it does not need a god at all (ie. buddism) and IMO does not need any spiritual realm. Once you believe in a set standard of rules that guides your life, to me it's a religion. Because of this, I think Atheism, Agnosticism, Veganism, Music listening etc. are religions.

If there was a god, chances would be that it would be nothing like we imagined and that worshipping it will have no affect. This "god" could be anything basically. The universe is far weirder than we can imagine after all, no amount of science can allow us to fully understand it.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »
obiously youcan't prove or disprove whether a god exists, but it would be stupid to claim to be agnostic just because of that. even richard dawkins has accepted that you can't physically prove a god doesn't exist. but would you give the same amount of credit to the existence of the invisible pink leprechaun, just because you can't technically prove is doesn't exist? it's only sensible to be atheist

Blasted

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 01:54:51 PM »
Firstly, there is no proof God exists.  Secondly, there is an astonishing amount of scientifical evidence of how the Earth came to be and of the existance of evolution.  One cannot "believe" in evolution as evolution is a fact, in the same way one cannot believe in the existance of a chair or a table.  Obviously, there isn't any evidence that God doesn't exist but to say that there is no evolution and that Earth is only a 1000 years old puts you on par with the twats who were sure the Earth was flat.  They however had the excuse of living in an age where science was still laughably basic.

This excerpt from Carl Sagan's Cosmos (I suggest you read it, maybe it might make you less ignorant of science) even though something tells me that you won't bother to read it but it's a beautiful piece of text so I'm copying it anyway:

"Many people were scandalised - some still are - at both ideas, evolution and natural selection.  Our ancestors looked at the elegance of life on Earth, at how appropriate the structures of organism are to their functions, and saw the evidence for a Great Designer.  The simplest one-celled organism is a far more complex machine than the finest pocket watch.  And yet pocket watches do not spontaneously self-assemble, or evolve, in slow stages, on their own, from say, grandfather clocks.  A watch implies a watchmaker.  There seemed to be no way in which atoms and molecules could somehow spontaneously fall together to create organisms of such awesome complexity and subtle functioning as grace every region of the Earth.  That each living thing was specially designed, that one species did not become another, were notions perfectly consistent with what our ancestors with their limited historical records knew about life.  The idea that every organism was meticulously constructed by a Great Designer provided a significance and order to nature and an importance to human beings that we crave still.  A Designer is a natural, appealing and altogether human explanation of the biological world.  But, as Darwin and Wallace showed, there is another way, equally appealing, equally human, and far more compelling: natural selection, which makes the music of life more beautiful as the aeons pass.

The fossil evidence could be consistent with the idea of a Great Designer; perhaps some species are destroyed when the Designer becomes disatissfied with them, and new experiments are attempted on an improved design.  But this notion is a little disconcerting.  Each plant and animal is exquisitely made; should not a supremely competent Designer have been able to make the intended variety from the start?  The fossil record implies trial and error, an inability to anticipate the future, features inconsistent with an efficient Great Designer."