Author Topic: Oi RPM1978  (Read 4298 times)

Blasted

Re: Oi RPM1978
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »
Personally I think we cannot prove or disprove whether god exists or not. To be so sure if god exists/doesn't exist is quite arrogant. Besides, a far amount of Atheists are just as bad as hardcore Christians.

Religion is only a concept, it does not need a god at all (ie. buddism) and IMO does not need any spiritual realm. Once you believe in a set standard of rules that guides your life, to me it's religion. Because of this, I think Atheism, Agnosticism, Veganism, Music listening etc. are religions.

If there was a god, chances would be that it would be nothing like we imagined and that worshipping it will have no affect. This "god" could be anything basically. The universe is far weirder than we can imagine after all, no amount of science can allow us to fully understand it.

You are confusing a way of life with a set of beliefs.  Vegans don't worship vegetables, they just don't eat meat or animal produce  :lol:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 02:09:41 PM »
Personally I think we cannot prove or disprove whether god exists or not. To be so sure if god exists/doesn't exist is quite arrogant. Besides, a far amount of Atheists are just as bad as hardcore Christians.

Religion is only a concept, it does not need a god at all (ie. buddism) and IMO does not need any spiritual realm. Once you believe in a set standard of rules that guides your life, to me it's religion. Because of this, I think Atheism, Agnosticism, Veganism, Music listening etc. are religions.

If there was a god, chances would be that it would be nothing like we imagined and that worshipping it will have no affect. This "god" could be anything basically. The universe is far weirder than we can imagine after all, no amount of science can allow us to fully understand it.

You are confusing a way of life with a set of beliefs.  Vegans don't worship vegetables, they just don't eat meat or animal produce  :lol:

I don't think that veganism is a religion exactly, but IMO your set of beliefs dictate your way of life.

Many people become vegans because of their respect for animals, for example.

Blasted

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »

I don't think that veganism is a religion exactly, but IMO your set of beliefs dictate your way of life.

Many people become vegans because of their respect for animals, for example.

True but it's wrong to call it a religion as religion implies worshipping a deity.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »

You are confusing a way of life with a set of beliefs.  Vegans don't worship vegetables, they just don't eat meat or animal produce  :lol:

I already pointed out that you don't *have* to worship in a religion, since my view of a religion does not need anything spiritual/idols etc. You use beliefs to dictate your way of life, so they're the same to me. Remember I'm not using the word in a literal sense, of course Vegans don't go to churches to worship bloody lettuce... although PETA is the church to some. :orly:

I included veganism because it dictates that you cannot eat meat or any products from animals. These are the "beliefs" and the people (Vegans) follow those beliefs. Plus like any religion, you get fanatics. They preach to others and think that they do is "right" and that the people who disagree are morons.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:42:24 PM by Shleed. »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »
Most people are morons for other reasons, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 04:09:11 PM »

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY CARROT, WHO SENT HIS ONE AND ONLY TURNIP TO DIE FOR YOUR SINS

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 04:10:41 PM »
It was a potato.  :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »

my bible says turnip. you're wrong and you're going to hell because you don't believe exactly what i believe.

Blasted

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 04:17:47 PM »
:LMAO:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 04:18:35 PM »
Damn you both for the blasphemy. The Great Potato appeared to me in a Dream.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »
Definitely Turnip.  :respect: All hail the famous Turnip.

It doesn't matter if god exists or not. God is powerful, because of the believers.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »
Yer all wrong, it was a Parsnip! 

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 04:51:38 PM »

THE ALMIGHTY CARROT WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH BLASPHEMY

THE END IS NIGH, NONBELIEVERS!

Blasted

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »
You all know jack shit.

Beetroot is the divine almighty one.  He makes excellent soup too  :orly:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 04:55:27 PM »
Yer all wrong, it was a Parsnip! 

Heathen!!!
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!