Author Topic: Cowardly Sweden - again  (Read 2251 times)

TheoK

Re: Cowardly Sweden - again
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2009, 01:43:55 PM »
Why do you say to a young person that you think he has no chance? It's better that he at least tries and maybe fails than that he never tries.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2009, 07:36:07 PM »
Why do you say to a young person that you think he has no chance? It's better that he at least tries and maybe fails than that he never tries.

:agreed:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »

I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance. I'm saying that his ideas are so sweeping that he can't possibly try them as they stand. I'm saying that he needs to have some actual ideas instead of something more akin to "we'll take over the world". Huge difference.

And if you think I'm harsh, it's nothing when compared to the real world out there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »
He was wrong. He was the corrupt one, though.

OK. So when did the people give away their right to rule themselves to a government for the first time? Because that's the only way a state could ever be anything but corrupt. Self-deceiving hypocrite.

You did when you accepted the money form the state. Hypocrite. If you don't want anything to do with the state, don't accept their money.

Idiot. When in history did the people give away their freedoms to the "state"? Never, and you know it.

You did, just as I said. Hypocrite.

So the state was founded when I got disability?

Let me know when you are brave enough to say no to disability.
Why would be that foolish?

If the state wants us all to work, they should find us good jobs and give them to us. Its not like most of us are refusing.

Ahh, you want the state to be your nanny. Well, yes, carry on.
No, I want the state to be set up in such a manner that opportunities go to the best and brightest, rather than whose cock someone has sucked. I also want participation in the system to be as voluntary as possible. In short, we should not have to play the NT's silly little games, they can play them and we should be allowed to bypass them.

What makes you think you'd be picked?
Intellectual meritocracy. I have had the basic state education (no private tuition) and still got top grades in my exams. On paper I would do very well, and any bypassing of the NT's nepotic nonsense is a paper-based system.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2009, 10:50:40 AM »
Intellectual meritocracy. I have had the basic state education (no private tuition) and still got top grades in my exams. On paper I would do very well, and any bypassing of the NT's nepotic nonsense is a paper-based system.

Fair enough, but the "nonsense" is what the majority prefers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2009, 10:55:05 AM »

Fair enough, but the "nonsense" is what the majority prefers.
They have the system in some countries to an extent, its a shame they dislike Foreigners in them. Otherwise I would be seriously looking at becoming a Japanese citizen.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »

I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance. I'm saying that his ideas are so sweeping that he can't possibly try them as they stand. I'm saying that he needs to have some actual ideas instead of something more akin to "we'll take over the world". Huge difference.

And if you think I'm harsh, it's nothing when compared to the real world out there.
Going any further than being sweeping at this stage would be foolishness. It is very difficult (and pointless) to have concrete plans when there is no movement organised out there that we can use. Once we know what resources we have, then we can actually come up with a full plan, or shall I say strategy.

At the moment there are two objectives really, getting together an ideology together and then getting people to commit to it. Maybe objective number 3 could be partially done at the same time, that is the raising of funds. Though as previously mentioned, I have ideas as to how to do just that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2009, 11:11:56 AM »

Going any further than being sweeping at this stage would be foolishness. It is very difficult (and pointless) to have concrete plans when there is no movement organised out there that we can use. Once we know what resources we have, then we can actually come up with a full plan, or shall I say strategy.

At the moment there are two objectives really, getting together an ideology together and then getting people to commit to it. Maybe objective number 3 could be partially done at the same time, that is the raising of funds. Though as previously mentioned, I have ideas as to how to do just that.

The point *here* was for you to regain some of the credibility you might once have had. BUt I guess not, then.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
Going any further than being sweeping at this stage would be foolishness.
No. It really wouldn't. Sweeping plans without substance are just as useless as misdirected details.

It is very difficult (and pointless) to have concrete plans when there is no movement organised out there that we can use.
That's why you fucking make one.

At the moment there are two objectives really, getting together an ideology together and then getting people to commit to it.
And it's working so well for you. Dude, one nutcase as a follower does not a revolution make. You've got all this misdirected energy - better to use it for developing your skills. Or is that what you're doing with all these endless tail-chasing arguments with Odeon etc.? Because the progress is awfully slow - can't you step up the pace?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »
Dude, one nutcase as a follower does not a revolution make.

::)

The US Founding Fathers were probably seen as "nutcases" by the Loyalists, and they'd be hanged if the revolution had failed. We risk nothing as long as we act legally. All you, odeon etc. want to do (at the very most) is to start "support" sites on how to "adapt" ourselves to the jerks in majority.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
Going any further than being sweeping at this stage would be foolishness.
No. It really wouldn't. Sweeping plans without substance are just as useless as misdirected details.
Obviously you have no idea how to play the game then.
It is very difficult (and pointless) to have concrete plans when there is no movement organised out there that we can use.
That's why you fucking make one.
Age tends to be a problem. Though I do have accesss to people, whom I might encourage.
[quote[
At the moment there are two objectives really, getting together an ideology together and then getting people to commit to it.
And it's working so well for you. Dude, one nutcase as a follower does not a revolution make. You've got all this misdirected energy - better to use it for developing your skills. Or is that what you're doing with all these endless tail-chasing arguments with Odeon etc.? Because the progress is awfully slow - can't you step up the pace?
[/quote]
Planning takes a lot of time, I was hoping you would appreciate that. Though I do have more than one person backing me, along with some threatening me.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »
The US Founding Fathers were probably seen as "nutcases" by the Loyalists, and they'd be hanged if the revolution had failed. We risk nothing as long as we act legally. All you, odeon etc. want to do (at the very most) is to start "support" sites on how to "adapt" ourselves to the jerks in majority.

It depends on what you want from life, and where your skills lie.

I am not content to fester under the chain of governmental charity while snapping at the hand that feeds me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2009, 08:27:08 PM »
Obviously you have no idea how to play the game then.
Don't even bother with the clumsy sniping.

Planning takes a lot of time, I was hoping you would appreciate that. Though I do have more than one person backing me, along with some threatening me.
It does take a lot of time. But desperation and desire can bring clarity of vision that let you leapfrog over that. All I know is I see a lot of hot air coming from your direction, presented as fact. It's arrogance, pure and simple, and it turns people off, pure and simple, and you either don't seem to see that or don't seem to give a fuck. I don't know what image you have of yourself, but this mad flight into a contradictory facade causes a lot of harm for any good it does you.

(BTW, I wouldn't even engage with you like this if I didn't like you for your drive.)

TheoK

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2009, 08:50:17 PM »

It depends on what you want from life, and where your skills lie.

I am not content to fester under the chain of governmental charity while snapping at the hand that feeds me.

We have every right to bite the hand that - reluctantly - feeds us. More than 50% of all Swedish Aspies are unemployed and certainly not due to lack of intelligence. One of my friends has two Master degrees, one from Chalmers technical college, where odeon got his; one of the most prestigious colleges in Sweden, and he still has no job.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:52:26 PM by TheoK »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2009, 09:08:59 PM »
We have every right to bite the hand that - reluctantly - feeds us.

True. But to continually whine about it, while refusing to learn to make something of yourself within the system because it feels like too much of a moral compromise, is cowardice in my opinion.

If you were actually participating in a revolution, I would shut my mouth. But you're sitting on your ass at home and bragging about how you've done nothing for the past ten years.