Educational

Author Topic: Cowardly Sweden - again  (Read 2239 times)

TheoK

Re: Cowardly Sweden - again
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »
We have every right to bite the hand that - reluctantly - feeds us.

True. But to continually whine about it, while refusing to learn to make something of yourself within the system because it feels like too much of a moral compromise, is cowardice in my opinion.

If you were actually participating in a revolution, I would shut my mouth. But you're sitting on your ass at home and bragging about how you've done nothing for the past ten years.

Well, that's not really true, but I've done nothing to help the Aspie cause more than complaining, that's true. I can't make it on my own, and people like odeon would never support a revolution. 1000 Aspies like Hadron and me, with the right equipment, could make a revolution, though.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2009, 10:52:14 PM »
What kind of revolution would 1000 aspies make?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2009, 11:35:57 PM »
What kind of revolution would 1000 aspies make?

Have you ever seen the, "SOMEBODY, LEAD,  FOLLOW  OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY"  duckling poster, with every single ducking facing a different directiond?

I am thinking it would be similalar
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:39:02 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2009, 07:42:16 AM »
Obviously you have no idea how to play the game then.
Don't even bother with the clumsy sniping.
Sorry I was a bit lacking in sobriety last night. Actually scratch that, I was very lacking.
Planning takes a lot of time, I was hoping you would appreciate that. Though I do have more than one person backing me, along with some threatening me.
It does take a lot of time. But desperation and desire can bring clarity of vision that let you leapfrog over that. All I know is I see a lot of hot air coming from your direction, presented as fact. It's arrogance, pure and simple, and it turns people off, pure and simple, and you either don't seem to see that or don't seem to give a fuck. I don't know what image you have of yourself, but this mad flight into a contradictory facade causes a lot of harm for any good it does you.

(BTW, I wouldn't even engage with you like this if I didn't like you for your drive.)
I certainly have the desire, though desperation is going to take some time yet. One thing is for sure, I don't particularly like the lifestyles that my aspie relatives have. I don't fancy sitting on my deathbed, looking back, and wondering about the life I could have had. Certainly I am prepared to fight as hard as I can to make sure that I get a happy life and if I can't do that, then at least I can have a shot at making sure the next generation of us do.

Yes, I may come across as arrogant on here, I am not even going to deny that. However its the only strategy that I have ever seen work for Aspies in this society. Well success as they measure it anyway.

Frankly I would rather avoid being in charge of such a movement anyway, I would only take the role if there is no-one else. I am hoping that someone else would be driven enough to see past the contradictions and arrogance, then actually set up a movement.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2009, 07:44:29 AM »

True. But to continually whine about it, while refusing to learn to make something of yourself within the system because it feels like too much of a moral compromise, is cowardice in my opinion.

If you were actually participating in a revolution, I would shut my mouth. But you're sitting on your ass at home and bragging about how you've done nothing for the past ten years.

Well, that's not really true, but I've done nothing to help the Aspie cause more than complaining, that's true. I can't make it on my own, and people like odeon would never support a revolution. 1000 Aspies like Hadron and me, with the right equipment, could make a revolution, though.
If they respected some sort of authority, then we could do a good job. But as DirtDawg says, it would be problematic. Its kind of why I favour the decentralised approach based around an ideology and play book.

That said, if 1000 of us could work together, we could bring somewhere like Britain to its knees, provided most of the people are committed enough.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2009, 10:32:36 AM »

I wouldn't support a revolution that promises a bleaker outlook than the one offered by the sitting government.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2009, 11:46:28 AM »
Yes, I may come across as arrogant on here, I am not even going to deny that. However its the only strategy that I have ever seen work for Aspies in this society. Well success as they measure it anyway.

But (and I've argued this before) an online aspie forum is a very different society to a bunch of posturing NT's. You keep talking about how well your tactics succeed IRL, whenever they don't work online. But they're different venues; they take different approaches.

Frankly I would rather avoid being in charge of such a movement anyway, I would only take the role if there is no-one else.

:-\ I've taken that approach too. I'm not convinced it was a good idea. I see all these opportunities where I could have changed stuff if I'd been a bit more motivated. But changing things wasn't what I was really interested in doing, I was too caught up in emotional crap.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »

But (and I've argued this before) an online aspie forum is a very different society to a bunch of posturing NT's. You keep talking about how well your tactics succeed IRL, whenever they don't work online. But they're different venues; they take different approaches.
The point is that we are not going to run any kind of social revolution over the internet, it has to be done in real life in their world.
Frankly I would rather avoid being in charge of such a movement anyway, I would only take the role if there is no-one else.

:-\ I've taken that approach too. I'm not convinced it was a good idea. I see all these opportunities where I could have changed stuff if I'd been a bit more motivated. But changing things wasn't what I was really interested in doing, I was too caught up in emotional crap.
If no one shows up to run the movement then I will do so myself, reluctantly. Though obviously I would go for a decentralised structure. I do stuff as and when I can, for example I had a lot of fun with NT's bullying a suspected Aspie (it was kind of painfully obvious what they were doing).

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2009, 01:30:52 PM »

I wouldn't support a revolution that promises a bleaker outlook than the one offered by the sitting government.
Neither would I - which is why I would do the job properly. Nor have we decided which country to have our revolution in.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2009, 01:45:32 PM »
That's kind of basic, don't you think?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »
Getting the organisation and revolutionary machine together has to be the first thing. We would then have to figure out which countries situation to take advantage of. Its probably going to be a western nation though...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »
Getting the organisation and revolutionary machine together has to be the first thing. We would then have to figure out which countries situation to take advantage of. Its probably going to be a western nation though...

You'll just transport the necessary goods to the right country, then?

I wonder if Fidel ever thought of that. :-\

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »

You'll just transport the necessary goods to the right country, then?

I wonder if Fidel ever thought of that. :-\
Wire Transfer :)