Educational

Author Topic: Are toys getting lame?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Are toys getting lame?
« on: December 27, 2008, 03:24:45 PM »
The toys seem to be getting lamer and lamer as the years go by. I hate the new Littlest Pet Shop looks, I miss the Polly Pockets and I remember back when there used to be a lot of Barbie stuff, now there is very little on shelves. There used to be a whole section of them but not anymore. I also miss the Lite Brites, and the old Play Doh accessories but there seems to be less and all they make are the play mats for it and the cutters and the molds.

I was on youtube watching old toy commercials from the 1960's and I saw how much fun board games were back then and now they seem boring, lame. They don't make any great ones anymore except they still have some classic ones like Mouse Trap, Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Clue, Monopoly, etc. and some classic toys like Etch and Sketch. I told my boyfriend how great toys used to be, even when I was little and he had an interesting theory. Kids would rather play video games. I also read more and more kids are watching more TV than they did years ago so kids would rather be parked in front of the TV set watching it or playing games on it and they neglect their toys, so why make them if kids won't play with them? That's my theory why toys are lame.
I also read parents these days are having their TVs raise their kids for them by having them watch shows and having them learn from them but those are just peoples opinions.

I watch more TV now than I did as a kid and computer. As a kid, I came home, played with my barbie dolls or Polly Pockets, Knex, Bio train set and Lincoln Logs, action figures and match box cars, Mighty Max, rode my bike, played in the sand box, swung on my swing set, played in my play house, played house or school, read, wrote, played with blocks, jumped on the trampoline, roller bladed, went roller skating when I was six, played board games. These were things I did over the years. I still watched TV and did computer games and video games but not as much. Whenever my brothers and I did watch too much TV or have been playing too much video games, my mother would make them off limits and make us do something else. We had to be parked in front of the TV all day for her to do that.

TheoK

Re: Are toys getting lame?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »
The toys are getting cowardly too, oy vey!  :(

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »
Did yours have lead in em? :P

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 04:17:33 PM »
I had brave toys.  8)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 06:04:18 PM »
I've noticed that toys have been getting more superficial and less functional. The emphasis is on immediate flash, not replayability or creativity.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 06:12:12 PM »
You don't need creativity in the New World Order.  :grrr:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 06:42:07 PM »
Most toys kind of suck when compared to computers.  Super Mario World beats a barbie or action man any day of the week.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 01:59:06 PM »
What is so super about a fat bastard plumber? :laugh:
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
Mood has something do with how tired you are of things.

I find I can rekindle some of my lost intrest with visual imagery.  It makes me want to do so many other things, like workout 3x a day, being so god damn humanly perfect, practically nonstop.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Coral

• Cool Dude of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • Coral
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 07:02:50 PM »
The littler kids still play with toys for the 5 year old this year we got her Bratz dolls, littlest pet shop, tini puppini, baby dolls, baby carriage, and some electronic stuff. I do miss Barbie though, seems she's been replaced with these slutty Bratz dolls though! I can remember when parents were outraged about the tellitubbie with the purse (Tinky Winky) because he might be gay. Where are these parents now when the new barbie is bearing her midriff and wearing micro minis? I have to say their bodies and outfits make me jealous.
Alldayglowrandy turned out to be the bravest guy ever & my hero. A warrior until the end may he finally have peace

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
Bratz are going to be banned after the holidays. I hate the new looks of Littlest Pet Shop. All the toys don't seem to be as great as they were back in the 90's. I also don't like the new look of Barbie and her sisters except Kelly seem to be missing.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »
As a kid, I came home, played with my barbie dolls or Polly Pockets

i love polly pockets!
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

TheoK

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 10:26:23 PM »
I love My Little Nazi Pony. I wonder if I can get one for real.  :heart:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 12:03:26 AM »
Bratz are going to be banned after the holidays. I hate the new looks of Littlest Pet Shop. All the toys don't seem to be as great as they were back in the 90's. I also don't like the new look of Barbie and her sisters except Kelly seem to be missing.

banned? bratz? have the people of earth finally reached that level of awareness?

i had two hamster in a hamsterium. they were cute.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 12:22:30 AM »
I think it's only in the USA.