Educational

Author Topic: They tazered a student at my sons school today  (Read 1609 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: They tazered a student at my sons school today
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:06 AM »
that swat story is incredible but not surprising
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »
They tazer diabetics with low blood sugar too.  ::)

Take the opportunity and learn some Swedish btw.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=sv-se&vid=4af7445f-4c6d-4d18-8f84-cda8b65c5f83&from=SVSE_WOWTV&tab=m1223556439084#

I am not diabetic but my wife worries about things like this with me especially if I were to be in an accident and be knocked out then wake to have someone right up on me not a good thing.  I have responded violently in the past between that and two over protective dogs bad things could happen
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 02:38:24 PM »

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=sv-se&vid=4af7445f-4c6d-4d18-8f84-cda8b65c5f83&from=SVSE_WOWTV&tab=m1223556439084#

I saw that on the news a few nights ago. The guy was having a diabetic seizure. When they realized what was happening, they called 911 but they did it too late.

I am sure the guy was expecting help from them when they pulled him over and what did he get instead? Yelling and tasered

The officers aren't always help. Have they always been that way or is it just getting noticed now because it is going in the media?

Same as kids have always gotten beaten up by bullies but it just didn't start getting noticed till I was in high school (I think I was in 8th grade when I first heard it on the news) because it started to go in the media. So everyone knows now it happens.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:20 PM »
My dad always brings something with him in case he gets low blood sugar. If he is going to be gone all day, he brings a few apples with him. He takes responsibility over his condition. He is also diabetic. He even stops for a Snickers bar is he has nothing with him to eat.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »

I saw that on the news a few nights ago. The guy was having a diabetic seizure. When they realized what was happening, they called 911 but they did it too late.

I am sure the guy was expecting help from them when they pulled him over and what did he get instead? Yelling and tasered

The officers aren't always help. Have they always been that way or is it just getting noticed now because it is going in the media?

Same as kids have always gotten beaten up by bullies but it just didn't start getting noticed till I was in high school (I think I was in 8th grade when I first heard it on the news) because it started to go in the media. So everyone knows now it happens.

It's just making the media now it's always been like this in some places my town notoriously so  especially if your a minority  

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 02:51:47 PM »
Okay. Funny how news makes it seem like something is new when it isn't.

I heard crime has increased over the years but then I get told it has always been the same. People are just paranoid because it gets reported in the news, kidnapping, rape, etc.

Hitchhiking used to be safe, kids walking to school by themselves, kids going off by themselves to places in a city, now it's unsafe I hear. I remember asking what changed and why is there more crime now and I was told "because people are paranoid, they watch the news. That stuff used to not get reported on the radio or on TV often."

Bad things stand out more. We might have all noticed how they hardly report anything good. Sure they report sports and it's all neutral or good but they might report a player being injured but we all know that can happen in football or basketball, especially in baseball.

TheoK

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 02:56:31 PM »
Some things have always been bad. Some things aren't that bad that they say on the news, but they say them to get people's attention.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »
Bad news always makes headlines .   we had a gas tanker truck crash on the highway this morning it just leaked some and nobody was hurt but if it had blown up I bet it would have been on national news and if some one died for more than one day

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »
There is more (anti)gun hysteria in Sweden now than it was before 1927 when guns were totally free. Yes, the gun violence has increased but not considerably, since 1927, and gun laws have obviously not helped. They don't even help in the UK were guns are totally banned except hunting rifles.  ::) Same thing with drugs. But hey, the media gets attention and that's what counts.  ::)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 03:44:39 PM »
In the US gun violence has always been there now if someone shoots two people in LA in a store I fucking hear it on the news on the East Coast.  It's a hot topic with many pushing it who have gun control as their goal. They had in NYC in 1990 2605 murders in 2007 just 801 that's less then 1965 with 836.  Just now we hear about all of them. 

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
And the N.Y.C. ban on one hand guns is since 1911, even older than most European gun laws. So much for gun laws
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:53:53 PM by TheoK »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 03:55:03 PM »
And the N.Y.C. ban on one hand guns is since 1911, even older than most European gun laws. So much for gun laws

Yeah in fucking NYC almost everyone got a gun

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 09:52:24 AM »
Don't spank your children, let them run wild until they need to be tazered by the cops, the government will handle things, trust them.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 10:14:52 AM »
Don't spank your children, let them run wild until they need to be tazered by the cops, the government will handle things, trust them.

:rofl:

:-\

So sad and so true.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 10:16:57 AM »
kids walking to school by themselves

Kids walking to school by themselves isn't considered safe anymore? Yikes. And I thought it was bad when I grew up.

/premature fogeyism
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.