Educational

Author Topic: They tazered a student at my sons school today  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
Re: They tazered a student at my sons school today
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 10:25:48 AM »
Don't spank your children, let them run wild until they need to be tazered by the cops, the government will handle things, trust them.

:rofl:

:-\

So sad and so true.

about what it might have come down to, the kid thought he could act up to no end and nobody could touch him, he found out the hard way there are people who can legally take care of his outburst and it would really hurt bad.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking of it in a general sense - kids being force-fed safety, I suppose because of the threat of lawsuits, and then not breaking out until near the time they're legally allowed to, at which point the state ends up doing the job the parents didn't do. The trend towards government authority (I don't know the right term for it, but basically people shutting up and toeing the line, and discipline being institutionalized) is disturbing.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 12:21:05 PM »
one of the kids I grew up with many years ago got pretty full off himself is his late teens, really had become an asshole until one night at the local hangout park drinking spot some biker punched him in the face, it was amazing to see the change in him after that. The punk was gone, it got knocked right out of him. Type of kid who had a bunch of older brothers and got away with mouthing off to people because between his brothers and the group he had fallen in with no kid would touch him knowing his boys or brothers would seek out revenge. His boys and brothers weren't going to take on a bunch of bikers.

Today is another story with kids and young people more than willing to open fire.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 02:03:30 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking of it in a general sense - kids being force-fed safety, I suppose because of the threat of lawsuits, and then not breaking out until near the time they're legally allowed to, at which point the state ends up doing the job the parents didn't do. The trend towards government authority (I don't know the right term for it, but basically people shutting up and toeing the line, and discipline being institutionalized) is disturbing.

Very disturbing indeed
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »
It's called "the Panopticon syndrome", after the first prison where the guards could overview all the prisoners at the same time from a central guard point; the prisoners began to "correct" themselves without the guards telling them to do so. Many of them also became insane,  :grrr:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 01:33:42 AM »
the Panopticon system was created by the British philosopher/social theorist Jeremy Bentham, who thought it would bring about more humane treatment of prisoners. To quote my favorite character from the animated series 2 STUPID DOGS: "Heh, heh, heh. Isn't that cute. BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:36:22 AM by spankdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 09:49:41 PM »
Last week in my city, a 15 year old boy wielding 2 kitcken knives was killed by police. He was shot 6 or 7 times in the torso after capsicum foam failed to subdue him.

Be thankful you have tasers!
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2008, 02:05:49 AM »
Last week in my city, a 15 year old boy wielding 2 kitcken knives was killed by police. He was shot 6 or 7 times in the torso after capsicum foam failed to subdue him.

We have tasers, but it did not save Paul Childs, a 15 year old developmentally disabled boy who was shot and killed a few years ago by a Denver policeman for failing to follow his instructions to put down a kitchen knife, even though there were two officers armed with tasers on the scene.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2317680/detail.html

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 04:57:36 AM »

We have tasers, but it did not save Paul Childs, a 15 year old developmentally disabled boy who was shot and killed a few years ago by a Denver policeman for failing to follow his instructions to put down a kitchen knife, even though there were two officers armed with tasers on the scene.

I think I rememebr that story. The bastards just don't listen.

Even we can't always trust the police if we are having a problem with our disabled kids.

TheoK

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2008, 05:22:28 AM »
It's Christmas - time for killing pigs.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 06:41:05 AM »

Wisdom, SG.

This is why I have had so much trouble deciding the course, when asked to register my kids in the statewide autism registry.

I instaantly think it's a bad idea, but then I read of moer shit like this.

I have not registered them and I am not worried about myself, due to extensive experience in these areas, but what TF if?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 07:07:23 AM »
Don't register them. They can get problems in the future just for being in that register.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2008, 07:37:55 AM »
Don't register them. They can get problems in the future just for being in that register.

I am quite paranoid as well and it comes instantly when encountering these types of "Do Good" efforts.

There will be a time when I am not there, once the little wingers learn to fly on their own, and I have to know that I have given them all the tools they need to survive.
It's damn tough to know when you're done with certain "Padawan" lessons.

:-\
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2008, 07:43:31 AM »

I think I rememebr that story. The bastards just don't listen.

Even we can't always trust the police if we are having a problem with our disabled kids.

You can't trust the pigs period. They'll take even the most innocuous statement and twist it so you look like a wifebeater or worse.

"Once the police start asking questions, there's no stopping them."--William S Burroughs

Fuck. Tha. Po. Lice.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

TheoK

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2008, 07:45:06 AM »
A good cop is a dead cop.