Author Topic: They tazered a student at my sons school today  (Read 1606 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: They tazered a student at my sons school today
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2008, 08:05:48 AM »
Last week in my city, a 15 year old boy wielding 2 kitcken knives was killed by police. He was shot 6 or 7 times in the torso after capsicum foam failed to subdue him.

Be thankful you have tasers!

We have tasers, but it did not save Paul Childs, a 15 year old developmentally disabled boy who was shot and killed a few years ago by a Denver policeman for failing to follow his instructions to put down a kitchen knife, even though there were two officers armed with tasers on the scene.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2317680/detail.html

I think I rememebr that story. The bastards just don't listen.

Even we can't always trust the police if we are having a problem with our disabled kids.

You can't trust the pigs period. They'll take even the most innocuous statement and twist it so you look like a wifebeater or worse.

"Once the police start asking questions, there's no stopping them."--William S Burroughs

Fuck. Tha. Po. Lice.

yeah, pretty much a suckass band, too.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: They tazered a student at my sons school today
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2008, 08:12:03 AM »
A good cop is a dead cop.

I wouldn't go that far, though.

Three of my kin are good cops. My great grandfather and his brother were good cops (Well, Texas Rangers, which was the early form of the State Police, there).
They have an impossible job to do and they are hindered by human qualities. The most Perfect cop must constantly make trade-offs to balance the law, their suspicions, the well established (although, racist in some cases) profiles of those they question. There is no perfect law. There is no perfect cop. There is no perfect judgment. There is no justice.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.