Politics, Mature and taboo > Political Pundits

Delete your copy of the anarchists' cookbook

(1/4) > >>

Peter:
It's apparently illegal to possess it now:

--- Quote from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7030096.stm --- Boy in court on terror charges
A British teenager who is accused of possessing material for terrorist purposes has appeared in court.

The 17-year-old, who was arrested in the Dewsbury area of West Yorkshire on Monday, was given bail after a hearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

It is alleged he had a copy of the "Anarchists' Cookbook", containing instructions on how to make home-made explosives.

His next court hearing has been set for 25 October.

The teenager faces two charges under the Terrorism Act 2000.

The first charge relates to the possession of material for terrorist purposes in October last year.

The second relates to the collection or possession of information useful in the preparation of an act of terrorism.

He stood in the dock wearing a baggy, blue hooded top and only spoke to confirm his name and date of birth.

After the 40-minute hearing, the teenager was released on bail under several conditions.

A second 17-year-old who is facing similar charges has already been remanded in custody and will also appear at the Crown Court on 25 October.
--- End quote ---

Parts:
I'm old school I have it print form from my college days  :): And they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands :evillaugh:  Most of the stuff in it is rather dangerous to try and make but it's a fun read.  I can't see making it illegal to posses there are many better sources of info on this subject including chemistry textbooks and  even warning labels  on products about  what not to mix with them. Are they going to make all these thing illegal also.  Maybe stop teaching chemistry and making it a banned science so we can fall further behind the rest of the world in the name of safety and security  All this has gone way too far, almost everybody has something in their house that could get them arrested if this is all they look for and think is grounds for it. 

Peter:
I'm waiting for them to arrest someone for possession of Delia's How to Cook.  Making bread rise is just an explosion in slow motion!

Parts:

--- Quote from: Peter on October 07, 2007, 03:02:17 PM ---I'm waiting for them to arrest someone for possession of Delia's How to Cook.  Making bread rise is just an explosion in slow motion!

--- End quote ---
Just maybe your just practicing mixing bread and cake to get the hang of mixing chemicals for explosives.  Next it will be  Delia's How to Cook Volume 2  Bombs and Explosives for Terrorists Made with Love in Your own Kitchen :evillaugh:

Alex179:
I got in trouble for giving this to a classmate in 1996 or so when I was in highschool.   I don't have it anymore, I also had the Jolly Roger's handbook too which was fairly similar anyways.   It was fun to play with for a while when I was a teenager and wanted to blow shit up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version