Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 95349 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #4260 on: June 11, 2010, 05:52:01 AM »
The eye doc said it may be possible to fix the muscles of my left eye, or at least take care of the scarring that is bothering me.
Sounds like you have the same problems I do. I got told when I was younger, though, that nothing further could be done because there is too much scar tissue there. But now their surgery techniques are probably different. Maybe I will get it checked out when I am older. My eyes are gradually getting worse.
My problems have worsened during the last few years. The doc suggested that the scarring might be blocking the eye movement but he isn't sure yet. He said he wants to know for sure before he decides on what to do--he doesn't want to make things worse. I hope they can fix some of it, at least. Are you light sensitive due to your problems?

He also said that knowing what they do today, they would have been much more restrictive in operating on kids. I had my eyes operated three times before I was nine, and that's very unusual according to today's standards.
Yes I am very light sensitive. My eyes water a lot when I am outside in the sun.

I had six operations on my eyes, the last one was when I was five and I still remember it. They only made things worse, I think. I can't go cross-eyed on purpose, my left eye can barely move to the left and it is the "lazy" eye too. I have no depth perception and see double all the time. I could go on, heh. Optometrists usually dread the sight of me haha.

Must be so tiring for you and Odeon to look at things with two eyes.

I can't. It's one eye at the time for me--the brain blocks the common parts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4261 on: June 11, 2010, 05:53:29 AM »
The eye doc said it may be possible to fix the muscles of my left eye, or at least take care of the scarring that is bothering me.
Sounds like you have the same problems I do. I got told when I was younger, though, that nothing further could be done because there is too much scar tissue there. But now their surgery techniques are probably different. Maybe I will get it checked out when I am older. My eyes are gradually getting worse.
My problems have worsened during the last few years. The doc suggested that the scarring might be blocking the eye movement but he isn't sure yet. He said he wants to know for sure before he decides on what to do--he doesn't want to make things worse. I hope they can fix some of it, at least. Are you light sensitive due to your problems?

He also said that knowing what they do today, they would have been much more restrictive in operating on kids. I had my eyes operated three times before I was nine, and that's very unusual according to today's standards.
Yes I am very light sensitive. My eyes water a lot when I am outside in the sun.

I had six operations on my eyes, the last one was when I was five and I still remember it. They only made things worse, I think. I can't go cross-eyed on purpose, my left eye can barely move to the left and it is the "lazy" eye too. I have no depth perception and see double all the time. I could go on, heh. Optometrists usually dread the sight of me haha.

Yup, sounds a lot like me, except that I don't see double.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4262 on: June 11, 2010, 06:00:19 AM »
It doesn't bother me for the most part because my right eye (the one with the worst vision) just takes over. My left eye is really weak. I had exercises to do to strengthen it when I was a kid and I had eye patches as well (those drove me crazy) but nothing fixed it.

I had no idea it could get worse as I get older but it has and now I need strong prismatic lenses to try and correct things and even those aren't enough. I am actually curious now as to whether anything can be done about it. I will ask the optometrist about it next time I go, I think.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:11:15 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4263 on: June 11, 2010, 07:30:47 AM »
Drove me nuts the first weeks after my concussion to really have to try to make one image with two eyes. I kept closing one of my eyes because of it.

I guess both of you have (had) prescribed prismatic glasses too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4264 on: June 11, 2010, 07:31:32 AM »
i have a cyst. not good news in itself but at least i know now  :laugh:

a
Where?

Is it a cyst they will let be? Or do you need to get it removed?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4265 on: June 11, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »
Drove me nuts the first weeks after my concussion to really have to try to make one image with two eyes. I kept closing one of my eyes because of it.

I guess both of you have (had) prescribed prismatic glasses too.

I think I tried but it didn't work.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4266 on: June 11, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »
It doesn't bother me for the most part because my right eye (the one with the worst vision) just takes over. My left eye is really weak. I had exercises to do to strengthen it when I was a kid and I had eye patches as well (those drove me crazy) but nothing fixed it.

I had no idea it could get worse as I get older but it has and now I need strong prismatic lenses to try and correct things and even those aren't enough. I am actually curious now as to whether anything can be done about it. I will ask the optometrist about it next time I go, I think.

I hope they can help you.

I think the normal ageing of eyes, with increasing problems focussing when reading and such, causes more problems with the other stuff as well.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4267 on: June 11, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »
Found out my youngest will get the same teacher next year. This is very good news indeed.

And I got a call from someone from the new school the oldest will go to next year, to tell me (and her) on what was going to happen on the open evening we're having next week. Very thoughtful, good signs for the new year I think.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4268 on: June 12, 2010, 08:08:36 AM »
my toroise is back and alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't believe it  :green: :green: :green:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4269 on: June 12, 2010, 11:10:03 AM »
my toroise is back and alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't believe it  :green: :green: :green:
:thumbup:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4270 on: June 12, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
oh and the cyst is nothing. the doctors soing nothing about it anyway, so i assume it's nothing  :laugh:

other good thing that happened today is my nana sewed my tie back together after the dog ripped it

Osensitive1

« Reply #4271 on: June 12, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »
How did you find him?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4272 on: June 12, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
my mum was looking again in the back of the garden and she found him right at the back under a bush plant thing

he's safe and sleeping in his house now where he belongs  8)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4273 on: June 13, 2010, 05:01:23 AM »
my mum was looking again in the back of the garden and she found him right at the back under a bush plant thing

he's safe and sleeping in his house now where he belongs  8)

Awww...he was outdoors having a :viking: adventure, and now he is home again!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Celticgoddess

« Reply #4274 on: June 13, 2010, 08:19:45 AM »
Quote from: Celticgoddess link=topic=6057.msg606502#msg606502 =1276191235
Met with the mediator yesterday and got the final report of the parental agreement (aka Custody arrangements). The ex tried to pull some last minute bs and was promptly put in his place (the mediator told him he needs to remember that everything can't be what he wants, that my needs are just as valid and that I've been very patient and extremely accommodating and if he keeps this up I could just throw in the towel, say screw it and take him to court). Can I say how much I loved the mediator?  :2thumbsup:

So that's a huge thing I don't have to worry about anymore. Now it just has to be put into legal-eez and he can't change anything without the consent of the mediator and myself.

So how will you two divide custody of your chidren?

Well, it's rather complicated. What I had suggested was straightforward. The ex wanted a 5 weekend rotation schedule which I eventually went along with since his original idea was to keep the kids apart except for 2 weekends a month "until mokeyboy proves that he can behave more appropriately"  ::)

So basically what happens is that he takes monkeygirl to school every day and I pick her up at the end of school. She then stays with me and monkeyboy until 6:30pm. Then the ex will take her to his house. This does make sense from the aspect of morning routines because monkeyboy is homeschooled and the ex has always been the one to take her to school.

Then over the course of 5 weekends, the kids each have one weekend alone with each parent (I have monkeygirl, he has monkey boy for a whole weekend and then we swap), they have 1 weekend together with me and 2 weekends together with Dad.

The reason why this isn't such a bad thing is because I have monkeygirl for most of her waking hours unless she's at school. So I'm still a big influence. My beef with the ex is that he doesn't spend quality time with the kids. He says that due to monkeyboys autism we (being the parents) should never have the kids 2:1 because he's too unpredictable and can't be handled. That is the biggest load of bullshit i've ever heard. From everything he said in mediation, he basically wants to take the autism out of him. he doesn't like being one on one with monkeyboy because he can't just do whatever the hell he wants. So every time monkeyboy and monkeygirl are with him, so are all of my inlaws.

So the time they're with me, which is a significant amount, they can just be brother and sister and our time is more relaxed. The ex takes them lots of great places, but he constantly has them running around everywhere and never just lets them be, yanno?

Although the upside is the my mother in law is pretty good with the kids, she gets Spencer and have her around means the chances of the ex doing more damage are definitely less. Monkeyboy has really let go of his Dad. he doesn't expect much from him and all he cares about is that he can live with me. He loves his Dad immensely but he doesn't trust him. That's a sad state of affairs.