Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93560 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #4245 on: June 10, 2010, 11:12:37 AM »
got funding for an assessment (been waiting fcking AGES to find out that)

Celticgoddess

« Reply #4246 on: June 10, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »
Met with the mediator yesterday and got the final report of the parental agreement (aka Custody arrangements). The ex tried to pull some last minute bs and was promptly put in his place (the mediator told him he needs to remember that everything can't be what he wants, that my needs are just as valid and that I've been very patient and extremely accommodating and if he keeps this up I could just throw in the towel, say screw it and take him to court). Can I say how much I loved the mediator?  :2thumbsup:

So that's a huge thing I don't have to worry about anymore. Now it just has to be put into legal-eez and he can't change anything without the consent of the mediator and myself.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4247 on: June 10, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »
Met with the mediator yesterday and got the final report of the parental agreement (aka Custody arrangements). The ex tried to pull some last minute bs and was promptly put in his place (the mediator told him he needs to remember that everything can't be what he wants, that my needs are just as valid and that I've been very patient and extremely accommodating and if he keeps this up I could just throw in the towel, say screw it and take him to court). Can I say how much I loved the mediator?  :2thumbsup:

So that's a huge thing I don't have to worry about anymore. Now it just has to be put into legal-eez and he can't change anything without the consent of the mediator and myself.

So how will you two divide custody of your chidren?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4248 on: June 10, 2010, 01:50:07 PM »
The eye doc said it may be possible to fix the muscles of my left eye, or at least take care of the scarring that is bothering me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4249 on: June 10, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »

I feel empathy for you, CG.

I can not imagine where I would be in this situation. (probably in jail and everyone around me would hurt worse because of me.)

I am planting a tiny plant for you (I was planting trees and shrubs already, but my best female holly (the females are the fruit bearers), I am naming for your screenname and I plan to place a Celtic-style rune pattern around it in rock after I find the best place for it.), in hopes that it does well and outlives us all by a century.

I wish you courage.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:55:05 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4250 on: June 10, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
 :plus:

The eye doc said it may be possible to fix the muscles of my left eye, or at least take care of the scarring that is bothering me.

good news :agreed:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4251 on: June 10, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »

Does this mean you won't look like that guy in Young Frankenstein?  Seriously, both DH and I have eye problems, his much worse than mine.  I've had 2 cataract surgeries with lens implants.  DH has had 2 cataract surgeries withlens implants and 2 cornea replacements.  I suspect that the time will come soon that if he needs another surgery, he will just say no. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4252 on: June 10, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »
Sounds like you have the same problems I do. I got told when I was younger, though, that nothing further could be done because there is too much scar tissue there. But now their surgery techniques are probably different. Maybe I will get it checked out when I am older. My eyes are gradually getting worse.

A good thing that happened today is that my mum rang and said she would pay my car registration for me. I have been saving up the money for it but if she wants to pay it I will let her. :) It will enable me to get some of my uni books early.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4253 on: June 11, 2010, 12:54:47 AM »
Sounds like you have the same problems I do. I got told when I was younger, though, that nothing further could be done because there is too much scar tissue there. But now their surgery techniques are probably different. Maybe I will get it checked out when I am older. My eyes are gradually getting worse.

My problems have worsened during the last few years. The doc suggested that the scarring might be blocking the eye movement but he isn't sure yet. He said he wants to know for sure before he decides on what to do--he doesn't want to make things worse. I hope they can fix some of it, at least. Are you light sensitive due to your problems?

He also said that knowing what they do today, they would have been much more restrictive in operating on kids. I had my eyes operated three times before I was nine, and that's very unusual according to today's standards.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4254 on: June 11, 2010, 02:16:40 AM »

So glad that this bit is done now.

Hoping the next things will be as quick as can be.
And that you can get the right to tell him a deadline to be out of your house too.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4255 on: June 11, 2010, 04:26:19 AM »
My problems have worsened during the last few years. The doc suggested that the scarring might be blocking the eye movement but he isn't sure yet. He said he wants to know for sure before he decides on what to do--he doesn't want to make things worse. I hope they can fix some of it, at least. Are you light sensitive due to your problems?

He also said that knowing what they do today, they would have been much more restrictive in operating on kids. I had my eyes operated three times before I was nine, and that's very unusual according to today's standards.
Yes I am very light sensitive. My eyes water a lot when I am outside in the sun.

I had six operations on my eyes, the last one was when I was five and I still remember it. They only made things worse, I think. I can't go cross-eyed on purpose, my left eye can barely move to the left and it is the "lazy" eye too. I have no depth perception and see double all the time. I could go on, heh. Optometrists usually dread the sight of me haha.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4256 on: June 11, 2010, 04:43:36 AM »

Yes I am very light sensitive. My eyes water a lot when I am outside in the sun.

I had six operations on my eyes, the last one was when I was five and I still remember it. They only made things worse, I think. I can't go cross-eyed on purpose, my left eye can barely move to the left and it is the "lazy" eye too. I have no depth perception and see double all the time. I could go on, heh. Optometrists usually dread the sight of me haha.

Must be so tiring for you and Odeon to look at things with two eyes.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4257 on: June 11, 2010, 05:15:11 AM »
i have a cyst. not good news in itself but at least i know now  :laugh:

a

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4258 on: June 11, 2010, 05:40:11 AM »

So glad that this bit is done now.

Hoping the next things will be as quick as can be.
And that you can get the right to tell him a deadline to be out of your house too.

:agreed: I love your mediator too!  :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore