Educational

Author Topic: My ask away thread  (Read 30836 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: My ask away thread
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2006, 08:40:59 AM »
do you have any opinion on the flo matter?

Yes I have some opinions but since I was away when the latest stuff happened and I rarely even look in his forum I don't really see any point in sharing them, since I'm aware they're not informed opinions.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2006, 07:36:36 PM »
So how has purposefullinsanty been doing it seem You took some time off from Intensitysquared?
Guardian of the Empire

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2006, 04:06:36 AM »
So how has purposefullinsanty been doing it seem You took some time off from Intensitysquared?

I've been doing great.  Yeah I haven't been around as much for several reasons- out of the past 7 weeks I have been on holiday with the kids for 3;  I've had a lot of other things to do; and basically cos I just needed a break from the place.

How have you been doing kevv?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2006, 05:32:43 AM »
How have you been doing kevv?
I have My good days and bad days too. :D :(
Guardian of the Empire

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #274 on: September 10, 2006, 10:42:01 PM »
 think we should all establish a time (within the next week or so), and have a drunken chat conversation, with several members of I² participating.

shots every ten minutes and a cold beer always in hand (or wine).

we can name a designated log saver, who will post the declining results of the entire session.  that way, the next day, we can all use the blushing emoticon, frequently.

and, we should remember that this is Intensity².  so no holds barred.

also, clothing is optional.

who would be interested in this?

perhaps next sunday between 10pm and midnight british time.

that means i would be drinking by about two in the afternoon.

next sunday sept 18.  would you be interested?
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #275 on: September 11, 2006, 01:19:23 AM »
I already told you I'm in. ::)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #276 on: September 11, 2006, 06:07:13 AM »
i just wanted you to know that i spammed the ask me threads.  looks like we will have a full house.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #277 on: September 11, 2006, 08:10:38 AM »
i just wanted you to know that i spammed the ask me threads.  looks like we will have a full house.

Excellent- when are you going to tell everyone that the clothing optional bit was a lie??  >:D

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #278 on: September 11, 2006, 09:00:54 AM »

Excellent- when are you going to tell everyone that the clothing optional bit was a lie??  >:D
after they are in the buff.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #279 on: September 11, 2006, 09:11:52 AM »
You going to go with the cheating at strip poker ruse?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2006, 09:13:41 AM »
i just have a question about how each persons chair feels like, please describe.  and i think the best way to get thorough results is to have people sittng there naked.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »
i read somewhere that you used to have bouts of depression 3 out of 4 weeks per month.
is that true?
i think  i also read that it has gotten way better over the past 6 months.
is that true?

if yes to both questions above, would you say that you are yet another example of a person whose life was saved by Intensity?  ;)
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2006, 07:20:02 PM »
I'll answer this tomorrow because I really should go to bed and it won't be a short answer.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #283 on: September 12, 2006, 05:31:22 AM »
Right, as promised here it is- yes it is true.  I have (am hoping to be able to change that to had soon) Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)- basically its cyclical depression with physical symptoms- kinda like souped-up PMS.  At its worst I was severely depressed for almost 3 weeks out of every 4, I was having a period of about 10 days where I felt normal.
    I was on anti-depressants for a while as my Dr's kept insisiting it was post-natal depression, but they didn't work.  I was completely at the end of my tether when I went to the Dr's again, once I found out which Dr I was seeing I thought that yet again I wouldn't be listened to because he's a bit of an old-school docter-but he was the only one that really listened to me about my symptoms and believed me about the pattern it was following and the physical symptoms.  He put me on a course of progesterone tablets and things started to improve.

Once I'd been on the tablets for a few months I had got the depression weeks down to 1-2 weeks out of every 4, some months were worse than others.

When Intensity² was just starting up I was still having a week of depression every month- and it wasn't like I'd just be a bit depressed, it was the kind where being awake was a constant battle and some days I just couldn't make it out of bed at all.  If it hadn't have been for the kids I'd have probably spent all those depressed weeks in bed hiding from the world. 

But when I heard about the principles of Intensity something was sparked inside of me- and whilst I believe that time has also been a huge factor in my recovery-I had something that I felt strongly about again; I had somewhere to post when I wanted to pretend that everything was going well for me and posting on here did help prevent me from allowing myself to sink.  Even the arguments I had with you helped- it lit the fire inside me again, and although at times I fucking hated you for being so pigheaded I was willing to fight you to make you stick to these ideals.  And having something to fight for really does help.

Now I have the occasional day or two when I can barely drag myself out of bed, but most months I'm managing not to get past the cranky, 'blah' stage.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Intensity has saved my life, and I only give some of the credit to Intensity for my improving mental health (like I said time was the main factor), but having somewhere to post where you don't feel like a heartless bitch for not wanting to hear about every stubbed toe people get, and somewhere I feel I fit in, after years of never fitting in anywhere.

* Everyone feel free to smite me for getting sentimental with this*

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2006, 05:37:02 AM »
But when I heard about the principles of Intensity something was sparked inside of me- and whilst I believe that time has also been a huge factor in my recovery-I had something that I felt strongly about again; I had somewhere to post when I wanted to pretend that everything was going well for me and posting on here did help prevent me from allowing myself to sink.  Even the arguments I had with you helped- it lit the fire inside me again, and although at times I fucking hated you for being so pigheaded I was willing to fight you to make you stick to these ideals.  And having something to fight for really does help.

i also enjoyed the debate and i learned alot about myself in the process.  thank you for those times and the current ones and the ones we have yet to have.

and remove the disclaimer in bold.  who would smite you for opening up?

Misunderstood.