Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144655 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #465 on: December 04, 2006, 03:15:19 PM »
Arrogance is a big turn off for me. I think it is sexy if a guy has some insecurities, rather than that whole macho male ego thing.

But what about guys who are secure about their looks but have insecurities about other things? Would they still turn you off?

I wouldn't agree that a man thinking he looks good is macho by itself.

It depends on what they're insecure about. I guess what bothers me about people bragging about their looks is that looks aren't everything. There are a lot of things that are more important than appearances IMO.

So, you would fall in love with a guy who wouldn't look as attractive as TomRenegade?

Yup, as long as he had the right qualities.

ozymandias

« Reply #466 on: December 04, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »
I'v reached the point where I'm secure enough not to care about what people think about my insecurities!  They're part of the package!
Deal with it! :laugh:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #467 on: December 04, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »
Arrogance is a big turn off for me. I think it is sexy if a guy has some insecurities, rather than that whole macho male ego thing.

But what about guys who are secure about their looks but have insecurities about other things? Would they still turn you off?

It depends on what they're insecure about. I guess what bothers me about people bragging about their looks is that looks aren't everything. There are a lot of things that are more important than appearances IMO.

So, you would fall in love with a guy who wouldn't look as attractive as TomRenegade?

What qualities would these be?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #468 on: December 04, 2006, 04:04:37 PM »

I agree but I think its good for people to be comfortable in their own skin,  plus you also seem to be assuming that 'hotness' is all about looks.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #469 on: December 04, 2006, 06:21:26 PM »
all i know is that trial and error has taught me some very valuable lessons about myself.

my looks have opened many doors for me.  being the weird guy was accepted, since i was among the beautiful people.  thing is that people will forgive a person of many of their quirks, just so long as they accepted as good looking.  bottom line: that is how society judges people initially.  that is not my fault that the rules are as they are.  nor is it my fault that i have had an easier go of things than many people here, simply because of my looks.
and, i will not allow myself to be held back, and deny what my looks have brought me.  so what.

i do know for a fact that, if it wasn't for my looks then i would not be where i am today.  for that i will not apologise, nor will i make excuses.
i have already stated this, but i thank god for my gene pool.
Misunderstood.

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #470 on: December 04, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #472 on: December 04, 2006, 08:16:04 PM »

ozymandias

« Reply #473 on: December 04, 2006, 08:30:15 PM »
Yeah, nice place Dragoon, but like Pyraxis, I'd go nuts until I did something with the walls!

Teejay

« Reply #474 on: December 04, 2006, 08:31:26 PM »
My self confidence and esteem is abysmal, pretty much because of my life circumstances. Physical apperance wise, I get remarks every so often, I am handsome. Personally I know I am not ugly and statisfed with my 'looks', I would love to lose 9 to 13kgs (I'm currently 81kgs), I lost 9 kgs this time last year.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:37:03 PM by Teejay »

Teejay

« Reply #475 on: December 04, 2006, 08:34:47 PM »
all i know is that trial and error has taught me some very valuable lessons about myself.

my looks have opened many doors for me.  being the weird guy was accepted, since i was among the beautiful people.  thing is that people will forgive a person of many of their quirks, just so long as they accepted as good looking.  bottom line: that is how society judges people initially.  that is not my fault that the rules are as they are.  nor is it my fault that i have had an easier go of things than many people here, simply because of my looks.
and, i will not allow myself to be held back, and deny what my looks have brought me.  so what.

i do know for a fact that, if it wasn't for my looks then i would not be where i am today.  for that i will not apologise, nor will i make excuses.
i have already stated this, but i thank god for my gene pool.

McJagger your experiences seem to mirror mine, I feel people are forgiving of my weird nature for the same reasons you are.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #476 on: December 04, 2006, 08:45:38 PM »
My self confidence and esteem is abysmal, pretty much because of my life circumstances. Physical apperance wise, I get remarks every so often, I am handsome. Personally I know I am not ugly and statisfed with my 'looks', I would love to lose 9 to 13kgs (I'm currently 81kgs), I lost 9 kgs this time last year.

What height are you, and what methods do you use to lose weight?  Would you consider staying the same weight and working towards changing your fat-to-muscle ratio?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #477 on: December 04, 2006, 09:37:37 PM »

What qualities would these be?

I can't be arsed to list them all right now. :laugh:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #478 on: December 04, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »

I agree but I think its good for people to be comfortable in their own skin,  plus you also seem to be assuming that 'hotness' is all about looks.

Hotness is definitely not all about looks. If someone is physically attractive, I'll find them unattractive if I don't like their personality. People can also be "hot" if their personality is "hot", even if they aren't that physically attractive. Also, I took away "hotness" points from McJagger because he was tooting his own horn. ;)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #479 on: December 04, 2006, 10:13:41 PM »

Hotness is definitely not all about looks. If someone is physically attractive, I'll find them unattractive if I don't like their personality. People can also be "hot" if their personality is "hot", even if they aren't that physically attractive. Also, I took away "hotness" points from McJagger because he was tooting his own horn. ;)

but i also have a sense of humor.

toot, toot!
Misunderstood.