Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144759 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #450 on: December 04, 2006, 05:12:07 AM »
What about false confidence, though?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #451 on: December 04, 2006, 05:12:35 AM »
conciet/ confidence  what is the difference then?

aren't people allowed to believe in themselves?

as far as i am concerned there are way too many of those, "oh i am a loser, please tell me something positive" type posts. 

Yes but those posts are the same as "Oh i'm so hot, now agree with me" posts. That's what i mean about people with self esteem problems. Isn't always the case, but sometimes it is.

People saying they're hot to hide the fact they have issues with life and their appearance are just as bad as people who say they're ugly to try and fish complements.

except i have no hangups.  trial and error has taught me many things.  living life has shown me that i am a desireable person.

maybe it would be more to your liking if i were to just post a picture of my sexy assed legs, sit back, and let others fawn all over them.
if a person knows their hot (sexy legs for example)  and they post them, aren't they fishing for compliments as well.
in my case that couldn't be said.  i was merely ending the discussion before it was started.  i don't need people to compliment me on my looks to know that i was fortunate in the gene pool.
Misunderstood.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #452 on: December 04, 2006, 05:15:56 AM »

maybe it would be more to your liking if i were to just post a picture of my sexy assed legs, sit back, and let others fawn all over them.
if a person knows their hot (sexy legs for example)  and they post them, aren't they fishing for compliments as well.
in my case that couldn't be said.  i was merely ending the discussion before it was started.  i don't need people to compliment me on my looks to know that i was fortunate in the gene pool.

You probably don't have self esteem issues, but i've come across it before with others.

Fishing for complements is when one uses reverse-psychology. (Oh i'm soooo ugly) I did not say my legs were ugly, I did not say anything about them.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #453 on: December 04, 2006, 05:17:26 AM »

if a person knows their hot (sexy legs for example)  and they post them, aren't they fishing for compliments as well.
in my case that couldn't be said.  i was merely ending the discussion before it was started.  i don't need people to compliment me on my looks to know that i was fortunate in the gene pool.

You probably don't have self esteem issues, but i've come across it before with others.

Fishing for complements is when one uses reverse-psychology. (Oh i'm soooo ugly) I did not say my legs were ugly, I did not say anything about them.

i am saying it, "wowzuh, you have some sext arsed legs."

but, you already knew that.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #454 on: December 04, 2006, 07:58:51 AM »

conciet/ confidence  what is the difference then?

aren't people allowed to believe in themselves?

There is an enormous chasm of difference between the two, called humility. If a person is too conceited, they will not recognize the value of another person. We are much better off when we "assign" a very high value to all life and respect that each has important purposes, many of which we may never know.

I think of keeping a pet. It is easy to see and feel yourself as being at the top of the food chain, that's confidence. Thinking that pet is there only for your pleasure, is conceit. Truly loving that pet and treating it with the greatest respect, spoiling it rotten, making it's life the best and most healthy it can be is humility, a quality that we could all use more of.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #455 on: December 04, 2006, 08:22:52 AM »
i am saying it, "wowzuh, you have some sext arsed legs."

but, you already knew that.
Can't see her thighs and she did say that they were better left to the imagination. What if her thighs are skinny and show no definition?
What if we all jumped to conclusions, possibly too quickly? I would certainly expect that a confident woman, with great legs, would be comfortable showing us her thighs, although showing her ass might be asking too much. However, a nice set of skin tight excercise wear would be revealing enough to answer all questions, especially if a camel toe shot was used to prove she actually has a pussy, which has already been requested. :laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

thepeaguy

« Reply #456 on: December 04, 2006, 10:18:07 AM »
You must be pretty dumb, I mean to accuse someone who you haven't even met and don't know the past of of being an NT over and over again.

Speaking of being dumb, who started those threads about blowjobs and marrying gay men? If it was for real, it was stupid. If it was to be fun, it wasn't fun.

Those threads were all in good form when they were made. Also, making a stupid thread doesn't make you seem dumb unless you make about 50. Accusing someone with no real proof or argument, however, does.

If you have a problem with my gay fetish, you need to get over it. It's old news.

Where are we going to get the drama to liven up this place, then? Now who's the stupid fool? (Not me, obviously, because I'm sexy, intelligent, and just plain awesome.)

ozymandias

« Reply #457 on: December 04, 2006, 10:20:52 AM »
I don't think of myself as a "hot babe magnet" even though I had periods when I wished I did or was! ::)  When I was in my younger and stupider periods that is. ::)  The again, I had crap self esteem!  But, when I got met Carla that changed a bit.  Now I think I'm decent looking in a skinny, slightly paunchy belly sort of way!

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2006, 10:33:28 AM »
My self-esteem comes and goes.  Right now it's pretty high for a number of reasons, but sometimes it comes crashing down when I hit a period of depression.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2006, 01:10:38 PM »
Arrogance is a big turn off for me. I think it is sexy if a guy has some insecurities, rather than that whole macho male ego thing.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2006, 01:17:56 PM »
I was a "grown-up" twenty year old or so when I finally realized that macho shit only works on beta males. It turns off almost any female who is worth knowing. I think that not having too much of that stuff, myself, allowed me to see it working from afar and made me stop trying to figure out how to do it, "myself".

Not saying I'm not an arrogant "R" Soul, but that's from a whole different set of reasons.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:20:13 PM by DirtDawg »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2006, 01:18:26 PM »
Arrogance is a big turn off for me. I think it is sexy if a guy has some insecurities, rather than that whole macho male ego thing.

But what about guys who are secure about their looks but have insecurities about other things? Would they still turn you off?

I wouldn't agree that a man thinking he looks good is macho by itself.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #462 on: December 04, 2006, 01:19:58 PM »

Well, I'd share my insecurities with you, but I'm too insecure about them.  You can be happy in the knowledge though that my posturing and exhibitionism is just a cover for my deeper sensitivities.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #463 on: December 04, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »

But what about guys who are secure about their looks but have insecurities about other things? Would they still turn you off?

It depends on what they're insecure about. I guess what bothers me about people bragging about their looks is that looks aren't everything. There are a lot of things that are more important than appearances IMO.

thepeaguy

« Reply #464 on: December 04, 2006, 03:13:57 PM »

It depends on what they're insecure about. I guess what bothers me about people bragging about their looks is that looks aren't everything. There are a lot of things that are more important than appearances IMO.

So, you would fall in love with a guy who wouldn't look as attractive as TomRenegade?