Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144597 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #7845 on: March 17, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
I doubt he is a narcissist, tbh. 

He displays the inability to see anything aside from his own point of view, and I have seen him display some referencing behavior.

I dont think he suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

DSM-IV-TR 301.81

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition, DSM IV-TR, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines narcissistic personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[1]

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
       2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
       3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
       4. Requires excessive admiration
       5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
       6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
       7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
       8. Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
       9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

I know he seems to have some of the signs, but I don't think he ticks enough of the boxes to be classed as having NPD.

I do like Duke, so I mean this in the nicest way. He does have a problem, but I don't know what it is. I do think he needs to seek help.

He has 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9

So I e-diagnose him with it! :zoinks:

I think he has 7 and 8, but 7 is common to many aspies and 8 is common to a lot of people. He also occasionally has 9.

I would be very shocked if Duke suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder. Meadow was a perfect example of NPD, and Duke shows little or no similarity to Meadow. In fact, while Meadow went to great lengths to convince us she led a perfect life, Duke is the complete opposite. He seems to go to great lengths to tell us how bad his life is, and how low his self-esteem is. I don't think that is a sign of someone with NPD.

TheoK

« Reply #7846 on: March 17, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
You missed Soleyiu, didn't you?  :viking:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7847 on: March 17, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
You missed Soleyiu, didn't you?  :viking:

Sadly I just missed him, I think by days. I have read a lot of his old posts though. He was bat-shit crazy :screwy: I was a bit disapointed not to get to know him. Really fucked-up people are interesting. This site needs some of them. We're all fairly normal here these days. I wish for the return of the days of Randy and Sol, with Richard waving his dick around spunking on his clothes and showing us the pics :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7848 on: March 17, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7849 on: March 17, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »
Very nice pics Soph :)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #7850 on: March 17, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
plus 1 soph for the amazing pictures

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7851 on: March 17, 2011, 04:28:20 PM »

He displays the inability to see anything aside from his own point of view, and I have seen him display some referencing behavior.

DSM-IV-TR 301.81

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition, DSM IV-TR, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines narcissistic personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[1]

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
       2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
       3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
       5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
       6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
       7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

I know he seems to have some of the signs, but I don't think he ticks enough of the boxes to be classed as having NPD.

I do like Duke, so I mean this in the nicest way. He does have a problem, but I don't know what it is. I do think he needs to seek help.

He has 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9

I think he has 7 and 8, but 7 is common to many aspies and 8 is common to a lot of people. He also occasionally has 9.

I would be very shocked if Duke suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder. Meadow was a perfect example of NPD, and Duke shows little or no similarity to Meadow. In fact, while Meadow went to great lengths to convince us she led a perfect life, Duke is the complete opposite. He seems to go to great lengths to tell us how bad his life is, and how low his self-esteem is. I don't think that is a sign of someone with NPD.

If I had to make a guess, I would pick Anti-social personality disorder. It's not a perfect fit, but I would imagine that someone with AS is going to be affected differently to a NT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder  

A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring for as long as either childhood, or in the case of many who are influenced by environmental factors, around age 15, as indicated by three or more of the following:

1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
       2. deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
       3. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
       4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
       5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
       6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
       7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;

B) The individual is at least 18 years of age.
    C) There is evidence of Conduct Disorder with onset before age 15 years.
    D) The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia or a Manic Episode.

New evidence points to the fact that children often develop Antisocial Personality Disorder as a cause of their environment, as well as their genetic line. The individual must be at least 18 years of age to be diagnosed with this disorder (Criterion B), but those commonly diagnosed with ASPD as adults were diagnosed with Conduct Disorder as children. The prevalence of this disorder is 3% in males and 1% from females, as stated from the DSM IV-TR.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7852 on: March 17, 2011, 04:30:30 PM »

He is actually very typically autistic.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7853 on: March 17, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
thanks guys 8)

DukeNukem

« Reply #7854 on: March 17, 2011, 04:39:52 PM »

DSM-IV-TR 301.81

He has 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9

If I had to make a guess, I would pick Anti-social personality disorder. It's not a perfect fit, but I would imagine that someone with AS is going to be affected differently to a NT.

A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring for as long as either childhood, or in the case of many who are influenced by environmental factors, around age 15, as indicated by three or more of the following:

1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
       2. deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
       4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
       6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
       7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;

D) The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia or a Manic Episode.

New evidence points to the fact that children often develop Antisocial Personality Disorder as a cause of their environment, as well as their genetic line. The individual must be at least 18 years of age to be diagnosed with this disorder (Criterion B), but those commonly diagnosed with ASPD as adults were diagnosed with Conduct Disorder as children. The prevalence of this disorder is 3% in males and 1% from females, as stated from the DSM IV-TR.

Thanks, Butterflies. But I'm not really antisocial or narcissistic.

I'm thinking of getting evaluated for inpatient treatment as soon as my college semester is over. I don't think I'll be able to "tough it out" like I thought I would. >:(

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7855 on: March 17, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »

DSM-IV-TR 301.81

He has 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9

Thanks, Butterflies. But I'm not really antisocial or narcissistic.

I'm thinking of getting evaluated for inpatient treatment as soon as my college semester is over. I don't think I'll be able to "tough it out" like I thought I would. >:(

I honestly wish you all the best, and hope that you can get helped. Hopefully it can be a new beginning for you.

Remember, apart from your bad behaviour and social problems you probably have as good a chance in life as a lot of people. And bad behaviour should be fixable. There are a lot of people in the world who have far less intelligence than you who go on to have decent careers, and there are plenty of worse looking people who go on to have great relationships. :thumbup:

Osensitive1

« Reply #7856 on: March 17, 2011, 05:05:50 PM »
I don't think you're some psycho ASPD, Duke, and would guess you to be non-confrontational dealing face to face.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #7857 on: March 17, 2011, 05:17:57 PM »
I think pentagram is young enough to be able to turn it round... just hope he is not too cocky to accept help when it gets offered.

But yeah defo agree with butterflies about intelligence.  It is definitely there and i reckon quite a high IQ.
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7858 on: March 17, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
Very nice pics Soph :)

Jess is astonishingly beautiful! The tighter the close-up, the better she looks!  :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7859 on: March 18, 2011, 03:21:18 AM »
That last picture is stunning.

Is she interested in flying dinners Soph?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!