Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144490 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #5655 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »
It was great Soph, the Uzi put them where I shot but the trigger was a little mushy and I didn't like the sights. With the Thompson the trigger and sights were outstanding and burst control was a breeze.

I'd like to try a Uzi. :orly:

My brother has shot with one when he was in the US.  8)

They're pretty illegal everywhere, right? :-\

I had a friend in Ct who used to keep his on his sail boat :laugh:

...because? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #5656 on: June 23, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »
My dad owned some sort of hand weapon acquired during his army days in Finland. Can't remember the make but it was Finnish army issue, pretty big, a lot like the guns movie Germans always point at people. You know what it might have been, Lit?

The Finns made some pistols that were pretty much like the Luger or the Walther P38. Or do you mean some sub-machine gun, like the Schmeisser?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5657 on: June 23, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »
It was great Soph, the Uzi put them where I shot but the trigger was a little mushy and I didn't like the sights. With the Thompson the trigger and sights were outstanding and burst control was a breeze.

Because if fit best :green:  I'll admit he was a bit of a nut but that's why I liked him.  He had an arsenal at his house and a "special" indoor garden for grow stuff he used just a little just a little too much of :laugh:  He had loaded mini-14's on either side of his bed one for him one for his wife
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5658 on: June 23, 2009, 01:57:19 PM »
My dad owned some sort of hand weapon acquired during his army days in Finland. Can't remember the make but it was Finnish army issue, pretty big, a lot like the guns movie Germans always point at people. You know what it might have been, Lit?

The Finns made some pistols that were pretty much like the Luger or the Walther P38. Or do you mean some sub-machine gun, like the Schmeisser?

It was a pistol. Mind you, I haven't seen it since I was about nine, but it seemed to be very big for a pistol.

Don't know what my dad did with it, later on, but after my brother got hold of it and put a bullet through the wall, I think he got rid of it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5659 on: June 23, 2009, 01:58:48 PM »

Because if fit best :green:  I'll admit he was a bit of a nut but that's why I liked him.  He had an arsenal at his house and a "special" indoor garden for grow stuff he used just a little just a little too much of :laugh:  He had loaded mini-14's on either side of his bed one for him one for his wife

:laugh: Sounds like the kind of nut they sometimes include in films.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #5660 on: June 23, 2009, 02:00:48 PM »

It was a pistol. Mind you, I haven't seen it since I was about nine, but it seemed to be very big for a pistol.

Don't know what my dad did with it, later on, but after my brother got hold of it and put a bullet through the wall, I think he got rid of it.

I can't find anything in my gun book or just by googling, but a Luger looks like this:

and a P38 looks like this:

P7PSP

« Reply #5661 on: June 23, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »
The Finns had one large pistol design called a Lahti that looked superficially like a P08 but used a different action.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-35

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5662 on: June 23, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »

I can't find anything in my gun book or just by googling, but a Luger looks like this:

More like the P38, I think.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #5663 on: June 23, 2009, 02:05:10 PM »
Both Sweden and Finnland actually make pretty good guns. Too bad they're so hard to get, except rifles for people who hunt. And foreign armies, of course, though Bofors doesn't sell to countries at war *ahem*  ::)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:10:14 PM by TheoK »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5664 on: June 23, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »
The Finns had one large pistol design called a Lahti that looked superficially like a P08 but used a different action.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-35

Yes, that looks a lot like the one I remember.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5665 on: June 23, 2009, 10:32:13 PM »
Quote from: TheoK
... though Bofors doesn't sell to countries at war *ahem*  ::)

This made me smile, Lit. Fancy selling guns to countries at war. The guns might actually be used for shooting at other people! The bastardry of it all! :laugh:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5666 on: June 24, 2009, 06:49:38 AM »

The original Transformers Generation 1 Megatron toy transformed from a Walther P38 into a robot.

I have a Japanese remake still in the box here on the collectables shelf at home.

TheoK

« Reply #5667 on: June 24, 2009, 08:32:56 AM »
Totally useless fact: a Luger and a P38 have the same muzzle velocity, namely 351 m/s. German engineering at its best.  8)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5668 on: June 24, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »

TheoK

« Reply #5669 on: June 24, 2009, 09:43:21 AM »
Nice but not as funny as the real stuff.  :P