Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144701 times)

P7PSP

Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #5640 on: June 22, 2009, 05:09:36 PM »
That looks about the same size as the ones we had for GI Joe ( or Jerry ) back in the sixties.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5641 on: June 22, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »
Yeah it will be the same size - they're all the right size for my figures, which are about Action Man sized (same as GI Joes?)

I've bought a few spare parts though just for the guns/hats etc, but I have five German figures and one Soviet guy too.

P7PSP

« Reply #5642 on: June 22, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
I think your fascination with the 3rd Reich  :hitler: may bother Randy as much as his latent desires  :shamone: do. In the 3rd Reich they probably shot people for playing tug of war with cyclops in the Library.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5643 on: June 22, 2009, 05:41:25 PM »
I think your fascination with the 3rd Reich  :hitler: may bother Randy as much as his latent desires  :shamone: do. In the 3rd Reich they probably shot people for playing tug of war with cyclops in the Library.

:LMAO:

:plus:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5644 on: June 23, 2009, 01:26:49 PM »
It was great Soph, the Uzi put them where I shot but the trigger was a little mushy and I didn't like the sights. With the Thompson the trigger and sights were outstanding and burst control was a breeze.

I'd like to try a Uzi. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #5645 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »
It was great Soph, the Uzi put them where I shot but the trigger was a little mushy and I didn't like the sights. With the Thompson the trigger and sights were outstanding and burst control was a breeze.

My brother has shot with one when he was in the US.  8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5646 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:54 PM »

They're pretty illegal everywhere, right? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5647 on: June 23, 2009, 01:29:51 PM »
I don't think my mum would let me have a gun in the house  :bigcry:

TheoK

« Reply #5648 on: June 23, 2009, 01:30:38 PM »

??? No, why would they be? You can have a .50 heavy machine gun legally in the US if you like, though it takes some paper work and money to get them. It's not like Sweden where you get busted for having pepper spray.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5649 on: June 23, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »

??? No, why would they be? You can have a .50 heavy machine gun legally in the US if you like, though it takes some paper work and money to get them. It's not like Sweden where you get busted for having pepper spray.

I thought Uzis would be, that's all.

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #5650 on: June 23, 2009, 01:42:28 PM »

Actually in about 40 states here it is possible to get a license to own. That involves sending paperwork and fees to the ATF and having a background check completed. The next step is to either have the local Police Chief, in a city, or Sherrif if you live in an unincorporated area sign off on it. If the local Jefe refuses to sign then a corporation can be formed and the gun assigned to the corporation.  If you ever get to SF or Sacramento in California or Reno in Nevada odeon let me know. Here in the Bay Area I have no Class III rock n Roll items, but we can rent them in Reno. Here in SF Bay Area you could shoot some of my Glocks, HKs etc if you wanted. It's a fucking blast.

TheoK

« Reply #5651 on: June 23, 2009, 01:44:08 PM »

I thought Uzis would be, that's all.

They're probably illegal in most of Europe or at least it's impossible to get a license for one, yes. And this was in a gun store somewhere in Nevada, I think.

TheoK

« Reply #5652 on: June 23, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »

Actually in about 40 states here it is possible to get a license to own. That involves sending paperwork and fees to the ATF and having a background check completed. The next step is to either have the local Police Chief, in a city, or Sherrif if you live in an unincorporated area sign off on it. If the local Jefe refuses to sign then a corporation can be formed and the gun assigned to the corporation.  If you ever get to SF or Sacramento in California or Reno in Nevada odeon let me know. Here in the Bay Area I have no Class III rock n Roll items, but we can rent them in Reno. Here in SF Bay Area you could shoot some of my Glocks, HKs etc if you wanted. It's a fucking blast.

You can get a Glock legally in Sweden too, but it's not worth the effort if you're not really, really into shooting. It's harder to get a Glock legally in Sweden than a .50 machine gun in most of the US. And it's only allowed to use it in a shooting club. No right to carry whatsoever.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5653 on: June 23, 2009, 01:47:10 PM »

I had a friend in Ct who used to keep his on his sail boat :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5654 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »
My dad owned some sort of hand weapon acquired during his army days in Finland. Can't remember the make but it was Finnish army issue, pretty big, a lot like the guns movie Germans always point at people. You know what it might have been, Lit?

- Albert Einstein