Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249730 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #18345 on: May 17, 2011, 05:49:36 AM »
Bloody frogs, too loud.

Are they like this all year round, or only for a season?   :orly:
It is seasonal, they started a couple of weeks ago and I think they keep making noise for about eight weeks. It has been raining and they love that, it makes them noisier.
Bloody frogs, too loud.

You have frogs croaking where you live?

Awesome.
They don't croak unfortunately. They make a sort of whining noise that rises in pitch. My mum took a few frogs down to the estuary yesterday but there are still more beneath the surface of the soil that can't be seen, only heard.

Frogs make a really loud noise when I poke them to try and get them off the back step :P

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #18346 on: May 17, 2011, 05:54:49 AM »
^ For some reason when I look at that out of the corner of my eye I read "emo frogs". :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18347 on: May 17, 2011, 05:55:36 AM »
Bloody frogs, too loud.

Are they like this all year round, or only for a season?   :orly:
It is seasonal, they started a couple of weeks ago and I think they keep making noise for about eight weeks. It has been raining and they love that, it makes them noisier.
Bloody frogs, too loud.

You have frogs croaking where you live?

Awesome.
They don't croak unfortunately. They make a sort of whining noise that rises in pitch. My mum took a few frogs down to the estuary yesterday but there are still more beneath the surface of the soil that can't be seen, only heard.

Frogs make a really loud noise when I poke them to try and get them off the back step :P
Yeah they kind of squeal. I don't like the sound. :sick:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18348 on: May 17, 2011, 06:00:41 AM »
^ For some reason when I look at that out of the corner of my eye I read "emo frogs". :laugh:

Well Renaeden did say that make a whining noise :orly:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18349 on: May 17, 2011, 06:01:55 AM »

Haha yes, so they really are emo frogs. They do complain when you touch them. :D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18350 on: May 17, 2011, 06:08:37 AM »

Haha yes, so they really are emo frogs. They do complain when you touch them. :D

Sensory issues, annoying behavior ... maybe they should be on here!  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18351 on: May 17, 2011, 06:11:37 AM »

To be properly emo they also have to listen to My Chemical Romance while writing in their online journals. It is important to carefully study frog behaviour before classifying them as emo.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18352 on: May 17, 2011, 06:17:47 AM »

To be properly emo they also have to listen to My Chemical Romance while writing in their online journals. It is important to carefully study frog behaviour before classifying them as emo.

You forgot about their childhood days, how each of them was raised, when did it develop awareness of its surroundings, the kind of relationship it had with its parents. Was it abandoned as a child? Or did it receive a lot of love?

You can't just slap a label just because one feels like it. All the above (and other criteria) matter if you want to have a proper diagnosis of the frog's condition. I think in the upcoming DSM V, we'll see a full list of criteria for diagnosing emo frog syndrome.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18353 on: May 17, 2011, 06:24:56 AM »

You forgot about their childhood days, how each of them was raised, when did it develop awareness of its surroundings, the kind of relationship it had with its parents. Was it abandoned as a child? Or did it receive a lot of love?

You can't just slap a label just because one feels like it. All the above (and other criteria) matter if you want to have a proper diagnosis of the frog's condition. I think in the upcoming DSM V, we'll see a full list of criteria for diagnosing emo frog syndrome.

Where you have gone wrong is in failing to distinguish been Emo Frog Syndrome and Frog Emotional Attachment Disorder. FEAD can, to the untrained eye, seem to imitate EFS; however, FEAD is a result of a poor relationship between the frog and its parents, whereas EFD is present from birth.

Perhaps the upcoming DSM-V will sort out this confusion of categories.

Another thing that must be considered is the relationship between EFD and FEAD. Could EFD cause frogs' parents to find them annoying as hell, thus leading to the frog-parent relationships that are characteristic of FEAD? More research is needed.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #18354 on: May 17, 2011, 06:26:19 AM »
:lol:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18355 on: May 17, 2011, 04:48:11 PM »
FUCK this! Was just updating my blog and nearly finished, when I went to edit and picture on it and screwd ep and lost everything >:(

Goddammit!!!!

P7PSP

« Reply #18356 on: May 17, 2011, 07:41:56 PM »

My Chemical Romance =  :poop:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #18357 on: May 17, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »
FUCK this! Was just updating my blog and nearly finished, when I went to edit and picture on it and screwd ep and lost everything >:(

Goddammit!!!!

You can upload blog posts from Word, and they are always saved on your computer  :nerdy:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18358 on: May 17, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »
Slight head ache aspirin has yet to kick in
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18359 on: May 18, 2011, 01:48:59 AM »
I dusted off my N64 and played some old games on it, but it crashes every few hours.  It never used to do that.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?