Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249956 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #14790 on: October 01, 2010, 08:17:32 PM »
Poor baby.  How did she break it and how long will she have to be in a cast?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14791 on: October 01, 2010, 08:17:47 PM »
I think the exhaust on my scooter is going to fail soon :(

I'm torn between

How will you get away from the foreign spies chasing you?

or

Does that mean you won't get exhausted?

I don't have much problem with foreign spies anymore. My days of international espionage are well behind me now.
People who don't quote properly annoy the hell out of me.  :zoinks:

:razz: :moon: :razz: :moon: :razz: :moon: :razz: :moon: :razz: :moon:

P7PSP

« Reply #14792 on: October 01, 2010, 08:18:35 PM »
 :LMAO:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14793 on: October 01, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »

It has been a really rough two days. My daughter still can not eat since she broke her arm.  (she throws everything up)

I am not sure how to help "fix" this part of her pain.

What is causing the throwing up, pain meds?  ???

She will not take pain meds or any meds of any kind.

I think it is the intense pain that is upsetting her so and her "brave little heart" that wants to keep up a strong fight against the "many"  pains she is just learning about. Hell, she is an "athelete"  and she can no longer ride her bike or play in gym or take her martial arts lessons or roughhouse with her daddy (although, I plan to tone my attacks down a bit and get her smashed up a bit as soon as she begins to heal some) or even bury herself in the sandbox.

The reality of her injury is just beginning to sink in for her and, if I was going to make a guess, she is sick because of the acceptance of it.

Poor girl. How long is the healing expected to take?  :(

We are lucky in that she is young and very strong and has the simplest kinf of fracture to her arm. Our doctor told us that he would be surprised if she is not out of her cast by around Halloween, but he told her to choose a color for her cast that will go with her Halloween outfit.

(when my arm was broken a while back - I was out of my cast in six weeks. Her bones are still soft and growing rapidly. She will heal more quickly,  everyone thinks)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:25:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14794 on: October 01, 2010, 08:24:47 PM »

It has been a really rough two days. My daughter still can not eat since she broke her arm.  (she throws everything up)

I think it is the intense pain that is upsetting her so and her "brave little heart" that wants to keep up a strong fight against the "many"  pains she is just learning about. Hell, she is an "athelete"  and she can no longer ride her bike or play in gym or take her martial arts lessons or roughhouse with her daddy (although, I plan to tone my attacks down a bit and get her smashed up a bit as soon as she begins to heal some) or even bury herself in the sandbox.

The reality of her injury is just beginning to sink in for her and, if I was going to make a guess, she is sick because of the acceptance of it.

We are lucky in that she is young and very strong and has the simplest kinf of fracture to her arm. Our doctor told us that he would be surprised if she is not out of her cast by around Halloween, but he told her to choose a color for her cast that will go with her Halloween outfit.

I think I like this doctor.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14795 on: October 01, 2010, 08:28:02 PM »

She broke it wiping out on her bicycle. Doc says four to six weeks in a cast.

:'(

(She is now nicknamed, "Crash,"  just for fun)

She came into the house wailing and all she could say was, "Daddy, I think I broke my arm!  I'm so scared!"

It took me a few minutes to calm her enough to even examine it, but my assessment was the same as hers (she has never been hurt in any way before, so the idea of having pain was very knew to her) and I got her ready for an emergency room trip as quickly as I could. It was swelling and very HOT, so I knew ice would be wise and I used the belt from my bathrobe as a sling, got her favorite stuffed toy to hold, favorite loud music for the car ride, and away we went.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:47:30 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14796 on: October 01, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »

I think I like this doctor.  :)

I love this doctor!!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14797 on: October 02, 2010, 01:48:09 AM »
I hate finding a great article for my assignment and then finding out that if I want the full version I have to pay for it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14798 on: October 02, 2010, 02:09:16 AM »

She broke it wiping out on her bicycle. Doc says four to six weeks in a cast.

:'(

(She is now nicknamed, "Crash,"  just for fun)

She came into the house wailing and all she could say was, "Daddy, I think I broke my arm!  I'm so scared!"

It took me a few minutes to calm her enough to even examine it, but my assessment was the same as hers (she has never been hurt in any way before, so the idea of having pain was very knew to her) and I got her ready for an emergency room trip as quickly as I could. It was swelling and very HOT, so I knew ice would be wise and I used the belt from my bathrobe as a sling, got her favorite stuffed toy to hold, favorite loud music for the car ride, and away we went.

I think ice was a good idea too.  I remember when I broke my little finger, it felt better with ice on it and it throbbed and hurt a lot whenever I took the ice off or it all melted, so I wound up asking for more ice when I got to urgent care.  What color cast did she choose?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14799 on: October 02, 2010, 02:10:56 AM »
The fracture in my foot is still bothering me a bit.  Also, I've had a tense muscle in my back all day, and it's probably going to hurt when I wake up tomorrow.

How is the fracture being treated?  :nerd!:

By letting it heal naturally and using pain as a guide to how much strain I can put it under without causing further damage.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14800 on: October 02, 2010, 02:13:42 AM »
I hate finding a great article for my assignment and then finding out that if I want the full version I have to pay for it.

Journal articles etc are free online in our local library and I would have assumed that you could also have access to it at the Uni library?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14801 on: October 02, 2010, 02:14:34 AM »

Some of the university libraries here have subscriptions to journals so one can get a copy of journal articles there by paying only for photocopying costs.  My husband got a copy of an article from a somewhat obscure article from Denver University by asking for help at the research desk.  Do you know if your university library or some other nearby university library offers a similar service?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14802 on: October 02, 2010, 02:58:35 AM »
I am looking for the article through the uni database portal now...

and can't find it. How annoying.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:08:40 AM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14803 on: October 02, 2010, 03:01:46 AM »
I am looking for the article through the uni database portal now...

Oh.   :-\

My husband had a person at the research desk help him find the journal article.  I wonder if they have access to more journals.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14804 on: October 02, 2010, 03:10:36 AM »
Mostly everything is available online now, even old articles. Never mind, I have found something else I can use.
Tek'ma'tae