Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250396 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #11370 on: February 19, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11371 on: February 19, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »
Update on my washing machine situation:

I took a chance and bought a replacement pressure switch for it, but that didn't make any difference.  I checked the control module PCB for damage and didn't spot anything, tested the thermistors for the dryer and water heater and found them to be ok, checked each of the water inlet valves, the drain pump, drain hose and pressure switch air-hose without finding any problems.  I took the program-select rotary dial mechanism apart, cleaned the electrical contacts in it and reassembled it, to no avail. 

I then did some more research online and found a post on a forum where someone had found a burned-out trace on their control module PCB and had fixed their machine by repairing the trace, so I took another look my own control module and found a small scorch mark that I'd missed earlier, where a thin trace had burned out.  I soldered on a replacement jumper wire, reconnected the PCB to the washing machine, turned it on and was rewarded by the familiar and reassuring sounds of it filling with water and starting the wash cycle as it's supposed to.

A few seconds later, I heard the less welcome sounds of it gurgling to a halt and signaling an error.  Now it's flashing it's LED 7 times, which is progress of a sort.  Seems that the relay for the heater might be stuck.

Sorry the pressure switch didn't fix it.

I hope you figure it out.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11372 on: February 19, 2010, 03:03:27 PM »

You broke his pressure switch?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11373 on: February 19, 2010, 03:07:43 PM »

You broke his pressure switch?

Apparently, it was not broken in the first place.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11374 on: February 19, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »
Migraine this morning :grrr:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11375 on: February 19, 2010, 05:34:48 PM »

I took a chance and bought a replacement pressure switch for it, but that didn't make any difference.  I checked the control module PCB for damage and didn't spot anything, tested the thermistors for the dryer and water heater and found them to be ok, checked each of the water inlet valves, the drain pump, drain hose and pressure switch air-hose without finding any problems.  I took the program-select rotary dial mechanism apart, cleaned the electrical contacts in it and reassembled it, to no avail. 

I then did some more research online and found a post on a forum where someone had found a burned-out trace on their control module PCB and had fixed their machine by repairing the trace, so I took another look my own control module and found a small scorch mark that I'd missed earlier, where a thin trace had burned out.  I soldered on a replacement jumper wire, reconnected the PCB to the washing machine, turned it on and was rewarded by the familiar and reassuring sounds of it filling with water and starting the wash cycle as it's supposed to.

A few seconds later, I heard the less welcome sounds of it gurgling to a halt and signaling an error.  Now it's flashing it's LED 7 times, which is progress of a sort.  Seems that the relay for the heater might be stuck.

I hope you figure it out.

Now I have a spare pressure switch, for any pressure switching I want to do in the future.

I worked out which relay controlled the heating element, desoldered it, ran some current back and forth through it a few times while testing it's switching peformance and didn't find anything wrong with it, but when I soldered it back onto the PCB and turned the machine on, the machine behaved normally, filling with water and rotating the drum back and forth to agitate clothes, without giving any error code.  It might be that the relay contacts lightly welded themselves together at the same time as the PCB trace burned out, and that I unstuck them while testing it.

Things kind of went south when the machine wouldn't stop agitating and move on to the next part of it's program.  It turned out that one of the connector tabs for the heating element was broken internally, so no power was being delivered to heat the water.  Now I'm going to see if I can fix the heating element, and I'm hopeful that everything will just work after this.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11376 on: February 20, 2010, 12:06:58 AM »
^I am hopeful, too. You have gone to a lot of trouble.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11377 on: February 20, 2010, 02:37:25 AM »
Migraine this morning :grrr:

same

what the fuck am i doing on this site? drugs better start working soon  :zombiefuck:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11378 on: February 20, 2010, 03:51:19 AM »
Clearly to you

I thought it was funny though
i thought that it was clever and funny.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11379 on: February 20, 2010, 03:52:02 AM »

bet it is as simple as a broken spring.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11380 on: February 20, 2010, 04:21:52 AM »
Clearly to you

Filling the forum with spam? Really clever. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11381 on: February 20, 2010, 04:50:55 AM »
Clearly to you

Yup that is Soph and Bint. They just don't give a shit.  :thumbdn:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11382 on: February 20, 2010, 05:45:44 AM »
Clearly to you

hardly filing the forum

it was only a few and just in that one forum

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11383 on: February 20, 2010, 06:00:37 AM »
Clearly to you

hardly filing the forum

it was only a few and just in that one forum

I think the point being made here is that it isn't the first time.

Blasted

« Reply #11384 on: February 20, 2010, 06:03:04 AM »
Whining bastards the lot of you  ::)