Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250549 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #11070 on: December 23, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
You may be like me Callaway. I hate people looking after me. I think back though on when I had my heart attack and a week after took my kids to a motel. The room was upstairs and the walk excruciatingly long. I was struggling and Connor was very mindful of me struggling and took it upon himself to come the other side of me and prop me up and virtually carried me up and down each time. I felt REALLY bad about this "weakness".
He still talks about it with pride. 
It gave a strong little Autistic boy an important and helpful task rather than feel helpless in his Father's debilitated state.
So what we see as inconveniencing others may not necessarily be so.  :)

I think you're absolutely right, Les.  My daughter is trying to be very helpful and I think it's really good for her to have a chance to be the carer rather than the one being cared for.  She carries my knee walker up and down the stairs for me and sets it up for me so I can get right on it.  She also brings me things, like for example a Caffiene-Free Diet Coke along with the frozen thing I like to use to keep it cold.

It's kind of hard for me to lie here with my foot up and ask for so much help, but it's probably a good thing for me to experience as well.  I'm much more used to being the carer than the one being cared for.

Just prior to this I (as you probably know) had checked myself out of hospital the day after my heart attack, drove home, showered, went shopping and got a present for my friends and when I arrived there collapsed on them and was bedridden there for the next three days.
I saw this as the height of bad manners and as a terrible  inconvenience to them.
They see none of this. In fact they say I was scarcely an inconvenience as I was undemanding and recovered quickly and apart from overdoing it a little and grumbling at myself was the "perfect patient" Again a matter of perception. :)

I think you're right, Les.  It's a matter of perception.

I don't see how it could have been bad manners, however. 

It wasn't like you planned to collapse on their doorstep and be their guest for the next three days even though you probably did leave the hospital too quickly after your heart attack.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11071 on: December 23, 2009, 02:41:16 PM »
Lots of boric acid and borax to the eyes today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11072 on: December 23, 2009, 02:47:48 PM »

Lots of boric acid and borax to the eyes today

Fuck, ouch. How did that happen?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11073 on: December 23, 2009, 04:01:33 PM »
That's the fire retardant in the insulation I use I had to blow it behind a mesh the insulation stayed back but lots of the dust came through and went in my eyes for about 2 hours Yes I should wear goggle but I didn't

George Bernard Shaw

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11074 on: December 23, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »
Just prior to this I (as you probably know) had checked myself out of hospital the day after my heart attack, drove home, showered, went shopping and got a present for my friends and when I arrived there collapsed on them and was bedridden there for the next three days.
I saw this as the height of bad manners and as a terrible  inconvenience to them.
They see none of this. In fact they say I was scarcely an inconvenience as I was undemanding and recovered quickly and apart from overdoing it a little and grumbling at myself was the "perfect patient" Again a matter of perception. :)

What awesome friends to have. :thumbup:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11075 on: December 24, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
I have the start of arthritis in one of my fingers. Swollen and everything.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11076 on: December 25, 2009, 06:34:53 AM »

What awesome friends to have. :thumbup:

Not wrong.  :2thumbsup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #11077 on: December 25, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »
You know what I got from the Mother of my Children, nothing!

As a courtesy, I gave her cash, which is all she ever asked for anyway.

Sadly, in the past I got nothing often as well and when I did get something it was Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in my stocking. She sucks, but I already knew that! :thumbdn:

So much for being cordial for the children! ::)
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11078 on: December 25, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »
Too much social interaction and closeness to people has put me on edge

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11079 on: December 25, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
You know what I got from the Mother of my Children, nothing!

As a courtesy, I gave her cash, which is all she ever asked for anyway.

Sadly, in the past I got nothing often as well and when I did get something it was Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in my stocking. She sucks, but I already knew that! :thumbdn:

So much for being cordial for the children! ::)

Are the two of you still living together?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11080 on: December 25, 2009, 04:31:22 PM »
Too much social interaction and closeness to people has put me on edge

Does the Klonopin help?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11081 on: December 25, 2009, 04:35:29 PM »
Just took it it takes 15-20 min to kick in

George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11082 on: December 27, 2009, 12:46:04 AM »
I could do with some Klonopin right now. I didn't see my family over Christmas because I had nothing to give them and that makes me feel awkward. I thought my mum was ok with that. Then she rang me asking me to come over so I went there and got asked if I was trying to alienate myself from the family?? No I am not. :(

My mum said she feels as if she is the one in the middle between me and my sisters. I thought that I am stuck between two families. I said that I wanted to go home so I did. I cried in the car. :( My family want nothing to do with GA now. My life really sucks. I try not to be depressed.

I have to ring everyone to thank them for the presents they got me and I don't know what they are.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #11083 on: December 27, 2009, 02:36:22 AM »
I could do with some Klonopin right now. I didn't see my family over Christmas because I had nothing to give them and that makes me feel awkward. I thought my mum was ok with that. Then she rang me asking me to come over so I went there and got asked if I was trying to alienate myself from the family?? No I am not. :(

My mum said she feels as if she is the one in the middle between me and my sisters. I thought that I am stuck between two families. I said that I wanted to go home so I did. I cried in the car. :( My family want nothing to do with GA now. My life really sucks. I try not to be depressed.

I have to ring everyone to thank them for the presents they got me and I don't know what they are.

:hug:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11084 on: December 27, 2009, 04:08:27 AM »

That's hard Ren, especially your family not wanting to do with GA now. Disowning a big part of your life that way. Not a good Christmas gift at all.

Hope things between you and your family can get talked over and get better. Not fair to get you torn between loyalties.

Wishing you well.  :hug:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!