Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250021 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #10515 on: October 25, 2009, 06:27:42 PM »
tablet stuck on the way down giving me sickness, stomach ache and back pain  :( :( :( :( :(

FUCK I hate that it happens to me like every other week
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10516 on: October 25, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »
If you can grow it yourself it should not be illegal

I'd agree with that except for opiates and possibly cocaine.

When a drug consistently alters someones mindset to the point that they become a danger to those around them, then it probably shouldn't be legal anywhere.
Like alcohol for instance? I think a far better solution is to make people fully culpabale for their crimes regardless on their level of wastedness.

Scrapheap

« Reply #10517 on: October 25, 2009, 08:22:22 PM »

When a drug consistently alters someones mindset to the point that they become a danger to those around them, then it probably shouldn't be legal anywhere.
Like alcohol for instance? I think a far better solution is to make people fully culpabale for their crimes regardless on their level of wastedness.

I knew this one was coming so that's why I added the qualifier "consistently". Alcohol doesn't make the majority of people under it's unfluence a danger to those around them in the same way that Meth or Heroin do. Apples to Oranges!! ::)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10518 on: October 25, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
Sorry to hear about your auntie Edith, PPK. Was she an interesting character?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10519 on: October 25, 2009, 08:43:26 PM »

I knew this one was coming so that's why I added the qualifier "consistently". Alcohol doesn't make the majority of people under it's unfluence a danger to those around them in the same way that Meth or Heroin do. Apples to Oranges!! ::)

:agreed:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #10520 on: October 25, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »

Alcohol is just as bad with as many deaths that are the cause of drunk driving.   Drunk drivers kill regularly 15k people a year.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10521 on: October 25, 2009, 09:11:05 PM »
I feel the onset of a migraine... this is NOT a good time.  >:(

Ouch. :( I find if I can get in quick enough with pain relief (Di-Gesic and Maxolon together work best, but even Panadol will help out in a pinch) the worst of it can be avoided. Hope you shake it before it takes over, Odeon.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #10522 on: October 25, 2009, 11:26:34 PM »
FUCKING BLACKBERRIES!

You spiky little pricks of doom!!!

Oh and my migraine sucks arse too.

Scrapheap

« Reply #10523 on: October 25, 2009, 11:32:52 PM »

Alcohol is just as bad with as many deaths that are the cause of drunk driving.   Drunk drivers kill regularly 15k people a year.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html

If America had a public transportation system that was worth a fuck, we wouldn't have as many drunk driving deaths. The main reason people drive drunk is to get their car home from the bar.

On an interesting tangent, 10 someodd years ago, some guy from around here in Paso Robles got a DUI while passed out on top of his horse.   :tumbleweed:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10524 on: October 26, 2009, 06:38:41 AM »

I take dextroamphetamine on a daily basis, which is nearly indistinguishable from methamphetamine, and it doesn't make me a danger to anyone.  On the contrary, it makes me less dangerous, since I'm less likely to do things absent-mindedly while under the influence of it, and both dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine have long and successful histories as psychiatric drugs. 

I'm also unaware of evidence that heroin makes a majority of users dangerous.  Rather, the inability of a minority of users who become addicts to obtain heroin legally and affordably is what makes those individuals dangerous.  Heroin doesn't inherently increase aggression like alcohol does, and when assured a consistent supply, heroin addicts can lead perfectly normal lives.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10525 on: October 26, 2009, 06:55:22 AM »

On an interesting tangent, 10 someodd years ago, some guy from around here in Paso Robles got a DUI while passed out on top of his horse.   :tumbleweed:

A guy in my neighbourhood got a DUI for being drunk while driving his riding lawnmower around town. Apparently, he said he started by mowing his lawn but then he got bored and thought he'd drive to the beer store to get more beer. :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10526 on: October 26, 2009, 11:28:07 AM »
Did you hear about the Minnesota guy who got a DUI for driving his La-Z-Boy chair under the influence?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569204,00.html?test=latestnews

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #10527 on: October 26, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
Hey're testing this stupid anti-personnel system that uses loud verbal warning, bright lights, and whatnot outside my office. I keep
hearing,"WARNING ABORT!" over and over again!!!

I considered volunteering for the testing, but wasn't qualified because of my sensory issues.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
« Reply #10528 on: October 26, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
I'm broke
My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it

Scrapheap

« Reply #10529 on: October 26, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »
I take dextroamphetamine on a daily basis, which is nearly indistinguishable from methamphetamine,

Not according to Wiki

and it doesn't make me a danger to anyone.  On the contrary, it makes me less dangerous, since I'm less likely to do things absent-mindedly while under the influence of it, and both dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine have long and successful histories as psychiatric drugs.

There's a big difference between taking amphetamines medicinally vs recreationally. You're taking much lower doses and I assume you take breaks from it so you don't become addicted. I've known lots of tweakers, over time that shit permanently changes your personality for the worse. 

I'm also unaware of evidence that heroin makes a majority of users dangerous.  Rather, the inability of a minority of users who become addicts to obtain heroin legally and affordably is what makes those individuals dangerous.  Heroin doesn't inherently increase aggression like alcohol does, and when assured a consistent supply, heroin addicts can lead perfectly normal lives.

Heroin users are mostly a danger to themselves. I've known a few, and I'd hardly call their lives "normal". They're always running 2-3 hours late and they can hardly keep track of what's going on around them.