Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249842 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7770 on: January 29, 2009, 01:51:30 PM »
Tired as fuck.

Yeah.

I think that the cold takes an additional toll on people my age. I try to work as hard as I can, still. I spent three and a half hours shoveling one helluva lot of snow yesterday. I look around at all the people who live in my street and Only the two older men, with snowblowers, cleared their walks. Even the guy in his late twenties, who also has a snow blower did not finish clearing his "tiny" walk. I have a corner lot, that means almost thrice the walkway to clear from the start (our lots are quite deeper than they are wide - I have a normal walk in front, but a much longer walk on the side.)

Honestly, I did OK. Tired and sore though, with bloody (yesterday they formed and broke and bled, today they are thin scabs) blisters on each hand.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7771 on: January 29, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »
My fingers hurt from inspecting film prints. Edge inspection is important but becomes a pain with enough prints.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7772 on: January 29, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »

An O-man  - O-pinionated assessment of the top two or five of the fest might be interesting, though.

Likely that none of us have ever heard of the films, but IF a film caught your attention, it might be fun to find out why.

I've got more to bitch about ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7773 on: January 29, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »
I'm a little pissed.

For the past hour I have been trying to open my email client. (I know my brother has sent me mail, due to important family events on this day.)

Apparently, I have been spammed. My AVG security settings will not allow me to access email, until it has scanned for viri. I have just noticed that three hundred thirty something emails have been scanned and it has not stopped, yet. I did this whiole thing yesterday and had the typical three or four spams that got through the ISP.

I have been spammed!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:18:03 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7774 on: January 29, 2009, 06:33:20 PM »
People who make appointments then forget
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7775 on: January 29, 2009, 11:30:47 PM »
I washed my daughter's hair three times just now - at midnight!!

I heard her stirring, felt her stirring, more like. I had my headphones on, music blasting ...

She used a whole container of Strawberry Lip Balm on her hair. She said that it says it will protect from winter damage. She didn't want anything bad to happen to her hair. That shit is basically petroleum jelly with some sweet flavoring added. I don't think I got it all, but she is a bit too distraught to go on or do any more washing for now.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7776 on: January 30, 2009, 06:21:13 AM »

I heard her stirring, felt her stirring, more like. I had my headphones on, music blasting ...

She used a whole container of Strawberry Lip Balm on her hair. She said that it says it will protect from winter damage. She didn't want anything bad to happen to her hair. That shit is basically petroleum jelly with some sweet flavoring added. I don't think I got it all, but she is a bit too distraught to go on or do any more washing for now.

Yuck, but  that is defiantly something my daughter would do also though :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7777 on: January 30, 2009, 08:26:35 AM »

Yuck, but  that is defiantly something my daughter would do also though :laugh:

Fuck me. I thought her learning to read would be a good thing.

:D

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7778 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:55 AM »
I was searching for pita bread recipes for my wife to try out. No problem in the bread section.  I got this from foodnetwork.com ... Coincidentally, I saw and clicked on Spaghetti Bolognese from Emerill Lagasse's section out of curiosity.

???

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:01:18 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7779 on: January 31, 2009, 10:31:31 AM »
Anxious as fuck and not sure why >:(

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7780 on: January 31, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »
I was searching for pita bread recipes for my wife to try out. No problem in the bread section.  I got this from foodnetwork.com ... Coincidentally, I saw and clicked on Spaghetti Bolognese from Emerill Lagasse's section out of curiosity.

???

:LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #7781 on: January 31, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »

At least it was not silly putty or something like that, then you would have had to cut it out...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7782 on: January 31, 2009, 11:28:02 AM »
When you instruct your autistic child to gather all their white clothes for the laundry, don't forget to specify that you would prefer to only launder the ones that have actually been worn. There is no need to empty ALL the drawers of white clothes.

:hair:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:29:36 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7783 on: January 31, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »

At least it was not silly putty or something like that, then you would have had to cut it out...

It was suggested to us by our psyche team that we use this therapeutic/rehabilitative product to give my daughter some relief from her tactile problems. We acquired about twelve ounces of this in varying grades and used it every day. A few days go by and she discovers that it makes perfect incuse impressions of what ever she presses into it. No problem, more fun!
After a few months, she had the idea to make an impression of her hair.

It was really bad! I managed to get it out without cutting, though. I used a can of freeze spray, which I normally use to diagnose intermittently failing electronic circuits by exposing them to thermal shock. It froze it and I was able to chip the stuff away from her hair with minimal damage.
That was about three years ago.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:14:04 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #7784 on: January 31, 2009, 12:18:30 PM »

It was suggested to us by our psyche team that we use this therapeutic/rehabilitative product to give my daughter some relief from her tactile problems. We acquired about twelve ounces of this in varying grades and used it every day. A few days go by and she discovers that it makes perfect incuse impressions of what ever she presses into it. No problem, more fun!
After a few months, she had the idea to make an impression of her hair.

It was really bad! I managed to get it out without cutting, though. I used a can of freeze spray, which I normally use to diagnose intermittently failing electronic circuits by exposing them to thermal shock. It froze it and I was able to chip the stuff away from her hair with minimal damage.
That was about three years ago.
Whoa - I am kind of surprised you didn't confiscate it a bit sooner tbh, lol. Well at least you sorted I guess, rather ingeniously too.

I persuaded my cousin when I was about 8 to put some silly putty in his hair (I like to watch people do things before doing them myself ) and the result was not pretty lol...