Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 252167 times)

Blasted

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #7305 on: November 28, 2008, 04:49:38 PM »
I feel fucking shit.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7306 on: November 28, 2008, 05:30:20 PM »
Fucking nasty cold
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7307 on: November 28, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »
I'm cold too and my parents have the fire going.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7308 on: November 28, 2008, 06:38:51 PM »
Comcast, our cable provider, was at BB today, recruiting from our patrons on the busiest day of the year. I went up to the one in charge and told him that I could not talk now, because, "I am working,"  but I asked for a business card, which he promptly provided. I smiled and said, "Give me another."

I wrote my full name, complete address, phone number and cell number on the back of one and handed it back to him. I told him that it is obvious, since "he showed up in his play clothes,"  that he himself has NO clout, but He should become familiar with this address and the surrounding community. I also "stabbed" that I have signed a petition with my neighbors, which is to be presented at the next the city council meeting (all true - a couple of wheel hosses live down the street and they are even more fed up than I am), in essence requesting that the city refuse to allow his company to operate in our county until they upgrade their equipment connections to adequately to provide modern high speed internet, cable and high definition television services at our addresses.

His mouth fell open, he stammered, and asked if I had called his office to request additional services. I said, "Yes,"  and reminded him that the promotional material sent to us when they first bought out the small time local company included a promise to bring the entire neighborhood into "the modern era"  (their words), yet nothing has been done in the old neighborhood where I live in the two years since they took over.

He immediately began to tap at his laptop unit and began talking in some form of cuntspeak, to relieve himself of responsibility. I asked if he would please tell me when the services I have requested will be available and told him that I would drop back by in a while.

Later, all he would say was that he had no idea that such a large customer base was not being served and he would see to it that the proper people are made aware of the situation.

:lol:

I doubt that it will make a difference, but it felt good to make him feel as useless as I think his company's promises are.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 06:41:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7309 on: November 28, 2008, 07:14:23 PM »
By the way, this discussion had its origin in me correcting DirtDawg for spelling it the wrong way, and he's from the USA, so he should spell it with "z" anyway.

As I mentioned (my earlier posts stand as a record), I tend to alternate such things (as well as word usages, slang, etc.   No, I'm not educated as you claim to be, but I've been around a while and I've seen a hell of lot of things in the world.) depending upon the regional location of parties involved in a conversation.

If you still feel the need to correct me for choosing between acceptable spellings of certain words, then, by all means at your disposal, go for it. This practice continually brings to the forefront, evidence demonstrating exactly how extensive and profound your glorious education and insurmountable intellect have become.

:hahaha:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:38:00 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #7310 on: November 28, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »
It's still "z". If you want to avoid etymological spelling, you'll have to reform the entire English spelling system. The pronouciation is far away from the spelling, compared with Swedish, for instance. We haven't had a spelling reform since 1906, and that was regrettable, since the spellings abandoned were etymological and are still there in Norwegian and Danish.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7311 on: November 28, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »
It's still "z". If you want to avoid etymological spelling, you'll have to reform the entire English spelling system. The pronouciation is far away from the spelling, compared with Swedish, for instance. We haven't had a spelling reform since 1906, and that was regrettable, since the spellings abandoned were etymological and are still there in Norwegian and Danish.

Really? So, I should get me some of that pronouciation stuff, then.

TheoK

« Reply #7312 on: November 28, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
I can blame it on that it's almost 3 in the morning here. Still miles between pronounciation and spelling.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7313 on: November 28, 2008, 10:48:37 PM »
I can blame it on that it's almost 3 in the morning here. Still miles between pronounciation and spelling.  8)

Obviously so.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7314 on: November 29, 2008, 12:46:16 AM »

Really? So, I should get me some of that pronouciation stuff, then.

Obviously so.

:pwned:

:LMAO:

TheoK

« Reply #7315 on: November 29, 2008, 05:25:31 AM »
This language has very illogical spelling.

TheoK

« Reply #7316 on: November 29, 2008, 05:37:15 AM »
And it's full of foreign words...French. Bah! Icelandic ftw!  :arrr:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7317 on: November 29, 2008, 08:32:19 AM »
SinuZ headache

Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7318 on: November 29, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »
I made a thread similar to that on Wrong planet and got flamed to teh ground with people telling me to get over myself  :'(
Wow, more mercy here than WP???

Anyway it's just lousy because the engaged guy who propositioned me was my friend for so damn long and his friendship did mean a lot- or I thought it did (one of those 'well now I view everything differently' things)- and now I really prolly have to never substantiatively talk to him again.  Not awful-painful but a legit loss of a connection to another human being that I did value.  And the dating site guy reacted better than I could have even hoped, which helps a lot (actually hung out with him yesterday).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:55:26 AM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7319 on: November 29, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
How come you have to never have a real conversation with him again? Is it that awkward to think about him desiring you?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.