Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250534 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #6840 on: October 01, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »
I KNOW it can be done, I'm just not sure of the process or how effective it would be. Imagine a police attack dog that ignores commands.

Isn't it pretty common for police dog handlers to have wrestle the dog off of a suspect?  I saw a video on Youtube of a training session where the dog grabbed one of the police when it was separated from the target it had brought down.  I think the best they aim for is to train the dog to not inflict serious injuries.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6841 on: October 01, 2008, 07:46:45 AM »
I KNOW it can be done, I'm just not sure of the process or how effective it would be. Imagine a police attack dog that ignores commands.

Isn't it pretty common for police dog handlers to have wrestle the dog off of a suspect?  I saw a video on Youtube of a training session where the dog grabbed one of the police when it was separated from the target it had brought down.  I think the best they aim for is to train the dog to not inflict serious injuries.

Yes, such things happen during training, but I'm not familiar with the scope. I'm sure that, in the field, it would mostly depend on the suspect being detained, though. Anyone who tries to fight WILL lose.

I know that training exercises are an ongoing thing throughout the entirety of the dog's service career and that obedience and response to a trainer are the main things that cause a dog to succeed or fail. I have not done any research in the area of police dog mishaps, myself, but from the police officers I knew when we had our gunclub (many years ago), several of whom were members of Enforcement K9 teams, I would expect that it is very uncommon to have those kinds of problems with a dog trained to detain suspects. Of course, the guys in charge of the attack dogs were always getting shit from the guys who trained the rescue dogs. :D

Injury to the main handler of a dog would cause a problem, though. I know that the dog and handler are a team and anyone else will have problems trying to manage another officer's dog, even another experienced trainer who has spent time with the dog.

Obviously, any questionable incident involving a police action is always blown out of proportion, but I wouldn't want it any other way to be honest. The police must be perfect AND subject to review. I "insist" and so do most other people.

A couple of YTvids, viewed by millions of people around the world make the problems seem more common than they really are.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:50:56 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6842 on: October 01, 2008, 08:17:47 AM »

I guess the only answer is to figure out how to train them NOT to ignore commands.

I don't know how to do that, but surely someone does.

even easier, get cats - they never take a blind bit of fucking notice of anything anyone says, ever.

:laugh:

Cats only listen to two things, the tapping of a spoon on a tin of cat food and the rattling of dry cat food in a box.

Pretty much the same thing as kids and plastic chip packet crinkling.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6843 on: October 01, 2008, 08:20:45 AM »
MY fucking coccyx hurts like a sumbitch. Couldn't sleep fuck all last night (every time I moved or rolled over the pain woke me up). Hurt all day to I had to lay on the couch and watch TV, which sorta sucks cos you don't realise how much you actually move around all day when until you are stuck there.

Also felt bloated cos it was really hard to fart without passing out from the pain in my coccyx.

Hope it isn't arthritis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6844 on: October 01, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »
Why the fuck is everything MY bloody fault, all of a sudden? :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6845 on: October 01, 2008, 12:00:13 PM »

I don't think he's blaming only YOU for his "fucking coccyx."  I'm pretty sure we all share equal blame.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6846 on: October 01, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »

I don't think he's blaming only YOU for his "fucking coccyx."  I'm pretty sure we all share equal blame.

:laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6847 on: October 01, 2008, 12:41:19 PM »

cos it is?

:P

:hug: :-*

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6848 on: October 01, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »

cos it is?

:P

:hug: :-*

It's not. I'm just an innocent bystander.

:hug:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6849 on: October 01, 2008, 02:10:37 PM »
Waggy ran off while I was walking her today; she disappeared into dense, thorny undergrowth and I couldn't follow her.  I spent about 15 minutes calling to her, running around to see if she'd surfaced at another point on the path I was on and beating a path through thick brambles trying to find her, but there wasn't a trace of her until she reappeared behind me all of a sudden.  She's getting very bad for running off like that, and there are a lot of very busy roads around here, so although she knows the way home, there's a fair chance that she wouldn't survive the trip on her own.

Stop letting her play off her leash until you teach her to come when called, Peter.

I found this, which I hope helps:

http://www.perfectpaws.com/recall.html

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6850 on: October 02, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »

Kind of what I was talking about with the "free chase"  reference, but with better spelling.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6851 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:47 AM »

My  GIANT FUCKING BLACK SPIDER, made out of garbage bags with the kids yesterday, was an amateur work of fine art, but some ass wipe came in the night and tore it apart, busting the bags open and scattering the leaves all over my junipers. Violence is closer to my nature today, because we discovered the vandalism just as the kids were getting on the bus.
My daughter left crying. It didn't even last twenty four fucking hours!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6852 on: October 02, 2008, 10:44:45 AM »

Still can just barely believe it!

FFS!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6853 on: October 02, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »
I wish there was a way to know who did it, DirtDawg.

It stinks that there are people who would do that to kids.

:thumbdn:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #6854 on: October 02, 2008, 01:14:31 PM »

My  GIANT FUCKING BLACK SPIDER, made out of garbage bags with the kids yesterday, was an amateur work of fine art, but some ass wipe came in the night and tore it apart, busting the bags open and scattering the leaves all over my junipers. Violence is closer to my nature today, because we discovered the vandalism just as the kids were getting on the bus.
My daughter left crying. It didn't even last twenty four fucking hours!

You don't happen to live in Smoketree subdivision? Sounds like my neighborhood. Fucking awful! Hurting the younger ones like that. >:(
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems