Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249976 times)

Sophgay

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #5115 on: April 01, 2008, 10:38:14 AM »
I have been leaving her alone for the most part though. I tried to be nice about it and treat her decently. Even last night, I tried to forget it and let it pass, but she's still at it today. I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but I like people on here too, and it's unlikely they like me, but I respect that and try and move on; I don't go round abusing them about it all the time and causing a big scene just because I don't get my way.

thepeaguy

« Reply #5116 on: April 01, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
You two just can't get enough of the drama -- Peter & Hardon. :P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:46:52 AM by The Screename to spite the Lucifah »

thepeaguy

« Reply #5117 on: April 01, 2008, 10:56:46 AM »
I have been leaving her alone for the most part though. I tried to be nice about it and treat her decently. Even last night, I tried to forget it and let it pass, but she's still at it today. I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but I like people on here too, and it's unlikely they like me, but I respect that and try and move on; I don't go round abusing them about it all the time and causing a big scene just because I don't get my way.

I'm not having a go at you, but I think it's best that you just leave her be from now on.

If Gus wants to bitch, then let her -- not your problem any more.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5118 on: April 01, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »
shitloads to do again today and I'm fucking knackered. need more caffeine. :GA:

the diabetes might fuck you over energy-wise, cos of your blood sugar being all over the place.  poor you.  :(

have they given you any dietary information?  (or is that a shitty pope question?)

/pat, pat, pat.

shitty pope? ???

and yeah, that figures. I've been more or less constantly knackered for well over a year. Activity seems to help though, probably because it lowers my blood sugar a bit. they've given me dietary info, but sticking to it is harder than it looks. just trying to remember my greens, eat more fruit and higher fibre cereal stuff, and no sweet stuff or alcohol (for now. once its stabilised in the right range I'll be having a couple of beers every so often I reckon).

"shitty pope" = shorthand for "does the pope shit in the woods?"  just my little joke...   :-\

i know about the dietary stuff - it is a bit of a nightmare, until you get used to it.  i had hyperglycaemia when i was about 8 or 9 and everyone went on red alert cos my nan had diabetes.  school meals were even more of a horror story than usual.  :(

/carries on patting...

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5119 on: April 01, 2008, 11:52:23 AM »

the diabetes might fuck you over energy-wise, cos of your blood sugar being all over the place.  poor you.  :(

have they given you any dietary information?  (or is that a shitty pope question?)

/pat, pat, pat.

shitty pope? ???

and yeah, that figures. I've been more or less constantly knackered for well over a year. Activity seems to help though, probably because it lowers my blood sugar a bit. they've given me dietary info, but sticking to it is harder than it looks. just trying to remember my greens, eat more fruit and higher fibre cereal stuff, and no sweet stuff or alcohol (for now. once its stabilised in the right range I'll be having a couple of beers every so often I reckon).

The Glucophage should help too.  I think that it helps with insulin resistance and most people lose weight on it rather than gain weight like they do on some of the other diabetic drugs that treat insulin resistance like Avandia or Actos, for example.

What was your blood sugar when they found out that you are a diabetic?

Sophgay

« Reply #5120 on: April 01, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
My goddamn neck hurts, and I can't manage to get in a position that's more comfortable for it. I'll probably end up with headache later lol

duncvis

« Reply #5121 on: April 01, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »

/pat, pat, pat.

shitty pope? ???

The Glucophage should help too.  I think that it helps with insulin resistance and most people lose weight on it rather than gain weight like they do on some of the other diabetic drugs that treat insulin resistance like Avandia or Actos, for example.

What was your blood sugar when they found out that you are a diabetic?

I was diagnosed with two fasting glucose tests at 9.5 mmol/L and 10.5. It seems to be coming down a bit now, my morning levels are around 8 now. Still too high, but heading in the right direction anyway. I'm still tapering on to the metformin, so I'll have to see if three a day does the trick. :)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5122 on: April 01, 2008, 01:45:22 PM »

/pat, pat, pat.

shitty pope? ???

"shitty pope" = shorthand for "does the pope shit in the woods?"  just my little joke...   :-\

i know about the dietary stuff - it is a bit of a nightmare, until you get used to it.  i had hyperglycaemia when i was about 8 or 9 and everyone went on red alert cos my nan had diabetes.  school meals were even more of a horror story than usual.  :(

/carries on patting...

Interestingly, I got it instantly.

Hey, Dunc, I can only show you an "After" pic of myself, but dropping forty plus pounds helped the way i feel by huge bounds. Do the diet thing, learn it, live it and get more exercise than you think you can take. Go walk a lot. Walk fast. You can sort this bullshit, too.

I also think this is very strange:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5123 on: April 01, 2008, 01:48:45 PM »
it's a clique, dawg!

duncvis

« Reply #5124 on: April 01, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »
Funny you should mention walking Dawg, I'm off to the foot clinic tomorrow, so hopefully they'll sort it out and I'll be back on the moors after the weekend.  8)

I'm hoping to lose a couple of pounds a week steady away - the diet isn't bad tbh, PI cooks healthy meals and I've cut the beer and biscuits out. So all I need is to get the exercise going again and I'll be sorted - I was losing the weight before the winter fell walking, so I can start again no bother. Don't worry, I aren't feeling sorry for myself.  If I can drop it at two pounds a week I'll be at my target weight by Christmas. ;)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5125 on: April 01, 2008, 02:00:13 PM »
you sound really positive about it, bruv.   :thumbup:

that always gets you about half way there, i reckon.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5126 on: April 01, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »
it's a clique, dawg!

Do I need to go back and catch up or wait for the television movie?

(You know how often I watch television, right?)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5127 on: April 01, 2008, 02:34:25 PM »
(more than i do - i haven't got one!  :laugh: )

maybe pea will put it onto youtube?

;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5128 on: April 01, 2008, 02:42:03 PM »
Funny you should mention walking Dawg, I'm off to the foot clinic tomorrow, so hopefully they'll sort it out and I'll be back on the moors after the weekend.  8)

I'm hoping to lose a couple of pounds a week steady away - the diet isn't bad tbh, PI cooks healthy meals and I've cut the beer and biscuits out. So all I need is to get the exercise going again and I'll be sorted - I was losing the weight before the winter fell walking, so I can start again no bother. Don't worry, I aren't feeling sorry for myself.  If I can drop it at two pounds a week I'll be at my target weight by Christmas. ;)

Wasn't stabbing at your painful feet, pal. I'm sure that is only a temporary concern. It is this new bit that will cause enduring annoyances

I was talking about my own experience, as usual. I would also recommend a bag, but you may need a high quality one, not a cheapie. I would think of a bag as a "next level" exercise.
Walking is great to drop weight.

Sophgay

« Reply #5129 on: April 01, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
My neck's aching again