Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249672 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #4140 on: February 22, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
three of my fingertips have split open and are sore as fuck. cant think why, but ow.  :-\

I hate that! I have to be careful these days.
My hands get very dry if I handle boxes much. They seem to crack easier in the cold now.

>:(

My fingers did that during every film festival I worked at before I was told about those icky moisturising creams.

I use something called "Eucerin Cream", no smell and not icky at all. 

*mentally stores that name brand*

I use some, too, but something more neutral smelling would be much better.

I could not make the winter without it. (I grew up where the humidity was near one hundred percent every day!) Winter here is very dry.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4141 on: February 22, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
I told mum that this cheap 'bedroom rated' laminate flooring wouldn't survive in my room, but even I didn't expect it to start cracking and chipping after just a couple of months.

That was quick I've used it before but never had problems like that and it was only$.99 a square foot

Things need to be pretty rugged to survive around me.  This laminate is rated for occasional light use; someone getting in and out of bed and walking around in slippers for a few hours a day, not someone rolling over it in a big computer chair for 16 hours a day, walking over it in hiking boots and constantly grinding grit into it that Waggy sheds from the garden, plus subjecting it to frequent splashes of water and impacts.

I put in the upstairs hallway and am surprised it lasted like it did
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #4142 on: February 22, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »
three of my fingertips have split open and are sore as fuck. cant think why, but ow.  :-\

I hate that! I have to be careful these days.
My hands get very dry if I handle boxes much. They seem to crack easier in the cold now.

>:(

My fingers did that during every film festival I worked at before I was told about those icky moisturising creams.

I use something called "Eucerin Cream", no smell and not icky at all. 

*mentally stores that name brand*

I use some, too, but something more neutral smelling would be much better.

I could not make the winter without it. (I grew up where the humidity was near one hundred percent every day!) Winter here is very dry.

I have a nasty fingertip crack on my thumb and before that on my Index finger.  Very painful when I was doing some finger picking stuff on the guitar. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4143 on: February 22, 2008, 09:02:55 PM »

I'm not familiar with these fingertip cracks you guys are talking about. Are they longitudinal?

The folds of my knuckles are where I always get dry skin cracks. It doesn't mess up my guitar playing, but then nothing could mess up my guitar playing, because it sucks, already.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4144 on: February 22, 2008, 09:11:45 PM »
My knuckles crack and my fingertips vertically
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4145 on: February 22, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »
It helps me heal quicker to put Neosporin and a Band-aid on the cracked fingers just before I go to bed.  I get more cracks at the bases of my fingernails and on my knuckles, but I also have gotten the fingertip cracks too.  The backs of my hands get cracks in them too.  I think that it's the lack of humidity in the winter, plus I wash my hands pretty often.

Eucerin cream is good and also the Neutrogena Norwegian Fisherman's cream.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4146 on: February 23, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
It helps me heal quicker to put Neosporin and a Band-aid on the cracked fingers just before I go to bed.  I get more cracks at the bases of my fingernails and on my knuckles, but I also have gotten the fingertip cracks too.  The backs of my hands get cracks in them too.  I think that it's the lack of humidity in the winter, plus I wash my hands pretty often.

I wash abit too much,too. and as we know,detergents remve oils.

I use "CornhuskersLotion" becasue it juststinks like oil, but i seem to focus on the inner folds ofmy skin. The outer folds areoften neglected, even when I try to increase the amount of oil I add to them, I end up with cracks in the outer folds of my skin regardless..

The worst is when my elbow crack open. it has only happen once this winter, but it suck.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:27:42 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4147 on: February 23, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »
i make my own stuff.  it smells lovely.

gods, i'm so fucking tired again today.  last night was better than the previous two, but was till up at stupid o'clock - had to sleep twice today, cos i was dropping, and feel like going to bed right now.

eczema has been slightly better today, though - hey O Man, your spells are working!  :D

is there something revoltingly wrong with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4148 on: February 23, 2008, 01:58:33 PM »
I have finally figured out what is going on with some of the fucking eiry crap at work

I never really get overstimmed fro the noise or the lights even whic are a burden to me. I have discovered that there are proximiity swiches on some of the equipment. This means that when you walk by it turns on the DEMO.

Without doing anything you get SOLD at.

FUCK!!

I have been there for a while now and if these things were working properly, I would have understood this sooner, but since they only half work it has takedn me a long time to ""get it""

I would not have had so much trouble with being creeped out if I had known that this was set up to do this ON PURPOSE!!

If someone would have told me that when I walk near some of this stuff, it will act crazy, I would have been much better prepared to deal with it on a dialy basis.

*feels relief at finding the mirror trick that has caused him very much stress*
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:06:16 PM by DirtDawg »

ozymandias

« Reply #4149 on: February 23, 2008, 02:02:53 PM »

gods, i'm so fucking tired again today.  last night was better than the previous two, but was till up at stupid o'clock - had to sleep twice today, cos i was dropping, and feel like going to bed right now.

eczema has been slightly better today, though - hey O Man, your spells are working!  :D

NO   8)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4150 on: February 23, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »

I wash abit too much,too. and as we know,detergents remve oils.

I use "CornhuskersLotion" becasue it juststinks like oil, but i seem to focus on the inner folds ofmy skin. The outer folds areoften neglected, even when I try to increase the amount of oil I add to them, I end up with cracks in the outer folds of my skin regardless..

The worst is when my elbow crack open. it has only happen once this winter, but it suck.

Yes, it sucks.  Both of mine are cracked right now, even though I keep trying to adequately mosturize them.  Then the rough skin keeps getting stuck on my sweaters and it opens the cracks.  Ouch!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4151 on: February 23, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »

NO   8)

just goes to show what a nutter YOU are, then.  :P

:D

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4152 on: February 23, 2008, 02:18:48 PM »

You're asking us?

I mean, Doubtful.

I mean, Yes.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4153 on: February 23, 2008, 02:20:07 PM »

You're asking us?

I mean, Doubtful.

I mean, Yes.

yeah - bit of a stupid question, wasn't it?  ::)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4154 on: February 23, 2008, 02:21:10 PM »
*shrug*

I've asked the same thing.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.