Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249694 times)

ozymandias

Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #3600 on: January 30, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
Um... yes. And yes. And yes. And no, you aren't missing anything. And no, he's no Bergman.

Deep breaths, Ozy. These people are unlike anything you'll encounter in Real Life (TM).

**ozymandias takes a deep breath and his mind clears.........somewhat.**

Thank Cthulhu for that!

Anyway, I'v got a potential firestorm possibly developing on aspergianisland that should prove interesting.  Someone that Dunc and I know VERY well from other forums and HAS been mentioned as a possible member here.   ::)  Is off on one of his patented tangents accusing other aspies that they are false aspies or frauds.  He's already been banned once on the island for a "less" inflammatory post (by Crucibelle) and I know if she sees this latest post she'd go ballistic.  I did unban him as things were deader then a cemetery and Crucibelle didn' have a problem with that.  I am a bit pissed that he has put me in potentially bad position, as I REALLY DO NOT like to ban people unless I have no choice.  Like I did recently on the Island.  My inclination is to let this go and see what happens, but keep my hand over the button just in case.  The last time I waited things went ballistic faster than I anticipated.

On one hand the Island is excrutiatingly quiet, and I am the only admin. there on a regular basis.  On the other hand, it's things like these that make me say, AS advocacy is a fucking joke!

duncvis

« Reply #3601 on: January 30, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »
I suspect I know who you mean. (well, I've narrowed it down to two anyway lol)

On the other hand, it's things like these that make me say, AS advocacy is a fucking joke!

I came to that conclusion a while ago, sadly. I've tried and failed to get a member-run project going twice now. I don't have the optimism or mental energy for a third, tbh. maybe next year.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3602 on: January 30, 2008, 07:44:01 PM »

On the other hand, it's things like these that make me say, AS advocacy is a fucking joke!

I came to that conclusion a while ago, sadly. I've tried and failed to get a member-run project going twice now. I don't have the optimism or mental energy for a third, tbh. maybe next year.
If you want to make waves, go to a NAS conference and get as many people you know to do so as well. Then get yourself voted on to their council, and follow up to their trustees. If the entire membership of Intensity went, we could pick who got on the board.

Soph

« Reply #3603 on: January 30, 2008, 07:45:46 PM »
I think my mum got invited to some NAS seminar for parents of adults with AS this month

I see someone from the NAS regularly for university (well I did when I was there and will do when I go back)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3604 on: January 30, 2008, 07:48:03 PM »
If you look at their charity commission info, only around 750 people are eligible to vote at their conference (most of their members are businesses which have no voting rights).
http://www.guidestar.org.uk/gs_summary.aspx?CCReg=269425
If a load of us showed up, we could actually take it over.

ozymandias

« Reply #3605 on: January 30, 2008, 09:44:14 PM »

Well if gwynfryn was one of those names, thats the one.  Who else were you thinking of???   :P  BTW, what's with "The Wronged" I can't get on there lately???  AS for As advocacy, I had to ban a tosser from the Island recently who is a lot like one particular member in this place.  I didn't want to, but, the stupid twit pushed me too far.  And AI is a support forum, not a place to toss your shit all over the place.   Thats why I don't want to be an admin. here, I'm sick of people who have nothing better to do than incessantly push buttons and play mind games.  AFter 5 fucking years of forum activity from Aspergia, wp and AI, etal., at the risk of being repetetive, AS AND autism advocacy is a fucking joke.  Some people like TheASman and some others give me hope, a slim hope, but hope nonetheless.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3606 on: January 30, 2008, 09:54:47 PM »
The wronged is closed.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3607 on: January 30, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »

My eyes are way too dry

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3608 on: January 31, 2008, 03:10:16 AM »
gwynfryn on here?

oh, what joy...  ::)

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3609 on: January 31, 2008, 03:21:36 AM »
For pea's benefit, AFAIK,
this is NOT someone over at
ZOMG.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3610 on: January 31, 2008, 03:22:01 AM »
Even if there are some similarities in
the name.

duncvis

« Reply #3611 on: January 31, 2008, 05:49:29 AM »

Well if gwynfryn was one of those names, thats the one.  Who else were you thinking of???   :P  BTW, what's with "The Wronged" I can't get on there lately???  AS for As advocacy, I had to ban a tosser from the Island recently who is a lot like one particular member in this place.  I didn't want to, but, the stupid twit pushed me too far.  And AI is a support forum, not a place to toss your shit all over the place.   Thats why I don't want to be an admin. here, I'm sick of people who have nothing better to do than incessantly push buttons and play mind games.  AFter 5 fucking years of forum activity from Aspergia, wp and AI, etal., at the risk of being repetetive, AS AND autism advocacy is a fucking joke.  Some people like TheASman and some others give me hope, a slim hope, but hope nonetheless.

yeah, gwynfryn was the most likely, the AS man was the other lol (though he seems to have learned to cool it these days i think).

I finally closed The Wronged a couple of weeks ago due to total lack of activity - I was sick of the fucking thing, sat there like it was mocking me. sorry ozy, I'd have sacked it ages ago if you hadn't asked me not to.

If you want to make waves, go to a NAS conference and get as many people you know to do so as well. Then get yourself voted on to their council, and follow up to their trustees. If the entire membership of Intensity went, we could pick who got on the board.

nah. I don't think I care any more. *shrug* let someone else beat their head against a brick wall for a change.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3612 on: January 31, 2008, 06:31:21 AM »
Any body have brothers?  If you do you understand >:(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3613 on: January 31, 2008, 06:58:04 AM »
I have one. Why? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #3614 on: January 31, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »

yeah, gwynfryn was the most likely, the AS man was the other lol (though he seems to have learned to cool it these days i think).

I finally closed The Wronged a couple of weeks ago due to total lack of activity - I was sick of the fucking thing, sat there like it was mocking me. sorry ozy, I'd have sacked it ages ago if you hadn't asked me not to.

nah. I don't think I care any more. *shrug* let someone else beat their head against a brick wall for a change.

Sorry you had to close "The Wronged", but, it's understandable.  Sorry if I made you prolong it longer than you wanted. :'(  It was a great idea, but, it seems a few other forums are also suffering the lack of use blues.  TheASman is doing more productive things with his time, like collecting info and collating it into complete sites for reference.

Don't worry, Lucifer, Gwyn's not here and I doubt he ever will be here.  I don't intend to invite him.  Besides he wouldn't last long here, he joined Fractalus and lasted all of a month or so, boredom or whatever.  ::)