Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 250394 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #3060 on: December 13, 2007, 03:59:39 PM »
We had several power outages today. One happened when I made my first cup of coffee. Another when I tried to make something to eat. A third when I was trying to look up things on the Internet.

Someone is trying to tell me something. :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3061 on: December 13, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
the last post reminded me  forgot to check the generator before our ice storm started and it's too nasty to now :-\
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3062 on: December 13, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »
You're in the middle of that storm? Take care, will you? I hear it's nasty.  :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3063 on: December 13, 2007, 05:03:54 PM »
You're in the middle of that storm? Take care, will you? I hear it's nasty.  :-\

Yes but I live on the coast so it's a little better and I'm not going back out tonight. Thanks
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3064 on: December 13, 2007, 06:12:49 PM »
We had several power outages today. One happened when I made my first cup of coffee. Another when I tried to make something to eat. A third when I was trying to look up things on the Internet.

What are they saying?

"Stay off the internet!!" .........?

"Don't even TRY to eat, again!!" ........ ?

Ever touch coffee and I may choose you next!" .........?

Who or what is talking to you?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #3065 on: December 13, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »
We're getting at least 5-6 inches of fine powder snow atm, with a another storm due to dump a foot+ on Sunday! ::) >:(

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3066 on: December 13, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »
Fucking maya's poly cleanup tool messes up the geometry worse than it was to begin with. My mesh was almost clean to convert to subd's and now there seem to be new problems in new arbitrary locations with each iteration of the cleanup. Fucking a.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3067 on: December 13, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
Fucking maya's poly cleanup tool messes up the geometry worse than it was to begin with. My mesh was almost clean to convert to subd's and now there seem to be new problems in new arbitrary locations with each iteration of the cleanup. Fucking a.

That's fucked.

I tried to play with Maya from an amateur's pointt of view  feww years ago. I was totally fucking bummed.  I can''t imagine that the newr versions are not  nearly  perfect, yet.

Stay away from the clean-up tool?

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3068 on: December 13, 2007, 06:38:05 PM »
I intend to. But I haven't yet found another way yet to track down the nonmanifold geometry it's claiming is preventing the subd conversion.

I'll probably just go back to a previous save and lose a couple hours work.

If I can pull this off, though, I may score my first 3d gig since last spring. It's just a small freelance thing but even passing the first couple cuts has made my spirits do a 180.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3069 on: December 13, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »
i hope you get it, Spokane.

I called and reported it lost and issued a replacement. Some else had found the card as well and reported it lost.

I wonder if it was another aspie. :P

lol.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3070 on: December 13, 2007, 07:18:05 PM »
I intend to. But I haven't yet found another way yet to track down the nonmanifold geometry it's claiming is preventing the subd conversion.

I'll probably just go back to a previous save and lose a couple hours work.

This is what caused this "wide-eyed boy" to give it up some time back. I could not tolerate the disappointments and I was only playing. I can't imagine trying to work with something that does not work,.

If I can pull this off, though, I may score my first 3d gig since last spring. It's just a small freelance thing but even passing the first couple cuts has made my spirits do a 180.

I hope that you get a gig you want. No matter how small, if it is something that you want to be doing, then it is wortth all your efforts.

Good luck!!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3071 on: December 14, 2007, 02:02:25 AM »

What are they saying?

"Stay off the internet!!" .........?

"Don't even TRY to eat, again!!" ........ ?

Ever touch coffee and I may choose you next!" .........?

Who or what is talking to you?

Yup, that's what the somebody's trying to tell me. Don't know who, though. The Internet Caffeine God, maybe.  :-\

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3072 on: December 14, 2007, 02:06:28 AM »
Today's bitch: I'm tired and grumpy.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3073 on: December 14, 2007, 07:27:08 AM »
Just one?

I'll try to prioritise, then.

MY FUCKING DESK CHAIR JUST BROKE!!!

I'm not so fat anymore, either. I am down to two hundred five pounds, these days. Not really too bad for a wideman of barrel chest at five eleven (plus a bit, but there's no way I am six feet without cheating - :D).

I think I overstresed that poor chair for months when I was in the two forty five range. It just chose today to throw in the towel.

Let me re-phrase ... I no longer sit in comfort. I am perched upon a folding chair as I type.

Thjis has got to be resolved.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:30:29 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3074 on: December 14, 2007, 07:43:47 AM »

GOD DAMN stupid brain doesn't know my left from my right or whether one equals one or two or zero.

Please forgive fucking stupid typos!

I have tried to fix them, but there may be more. I wish I could not care if I seem illiterate.