Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249902 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2007, 03:01:31 PM »
My daughter broke her headphones by being careless and she seems to think we can just buy her new ones.  She's going to work for them.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2007, 03:35:56 PM »
My father tried to teach me this lesson, he failed.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »
My daughter broke her headphones by being careless and she seems to think we can just buy her new ones.  She's going to work for them.

My daughter did that, too, and thinks that we'll buy her new ones... ::)

I'd have guessed that it's something in the water but considering the distance, that water would be the Atlantic...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2007, 03:43:30 PM »
I wouldn't drink the water from the Atlantic. It's salty.  :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2007, 03:45:31 PM »
So true. So the water could very well be a problem, if not THE problem. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2007, 04:30:23 PM »

My daughter did that, too, and thinks that we'll buy her new ones... ::)

I'd have guessed that it's something in the water but considering the distance, that water would be the Atlantic...

Gee, my daughter did the same thing, considering that I'm halfway (almost) between Sweden and Colorado.  At least she had a spare!

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2007, 04:48:52 PM »
I've never had a pair of headphones last longer than a few months.  They always develop a faulty connection in the cable after a while.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »
WOW!  What are the odds that three of us have daughters who have done the same thing?   :o

These are noise reducing headphones that she uses at school to reduce her sensory overload, so I feel kind of bad about her going without them, but there are lessons she needs to learn when she is ten instead of whatever age Nomaken is now.  The problem is, next week they are doing the big standardized tests at her school, so she really needs them before then.

I took them to the store where my husband bought them and they replaced them for free because they are still under warranty, so I have to think of a reasonable number of chores she has to do before she gets them, since there was not really a replacement or repair cost to charge her.  So far, she is doing her third chore, emptying all the little wastebaskets in the house and taking out the trash.  How many chores would be reasonable?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2007, 04:58:20 PM »
I've never had a pair of headphones last longer than a few months.  They always develop a faulty connection in the cable after a while.

I've had a pair for at least five years, with no problem other than some white paint from painting the house last summer.

WOW!  What are the odds that three of us have daughters who have done the same thing?   :o

I told you. It's something in the water. :)

These are noise reducing headphones that she uses at school to reduce her sensory overload, so I feel kind of bad about her going without them, but there are lessons she needs to learn when she is ten instead of whatever age Nomaken is now.  The problem is, next week they are doing the big standardized tests at her school, so she really needs them before then.

I took them to the store where my husband bought them and they replaced them for free because they are still under warranty, so I have to think of a reasonable number of chores she has to do before she gets them, since there was not really a replacement or repair cost to charge her.  So far, she is doing her third chore, emptying all the little wastebaskets in the house and taking out the trash.  How many chores would be reasonable?

I'd say two more. She'll have plenty of time breaking the new pair just in time for her tests. ;D

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2007, 06:14:41 PM »
My father tried to teach me this lesson, he failed.
actually you failed.

who was the teacher and who was the pupil?
are teachers the ones recieving grades these days?

and besides, due to your rebellion you turned yourself into a loser, loser.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »
Jeez. I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones from the early seventies that still work great. I did have to solder up a new connector a few years ago, but there was nothing "wrong" with the old one. I just wanted a better connector on my killer old 'phones.

Joining the other club, my daughter has broken two pair of 'phones, both mine - one was a newish Grado set for music.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2007, 04:36:18 AM »
WOW!  What are the odds that three of us have daughters who have done the same thing?   :o

Well, all three are aspies. Unfortunately we have a tendency to be clumsy and unintentionally destroy things.

Litigious

« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2007, 04:37:43 AM »
Jeez. I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones from the early seventies that still work great. I did have to solder up a new connector a few years ago, but there was nothing "wrong" with the old one. I just wanted a better connector on my killer old 'phones.

They don't make things the way they used to. Compare how well an old car, that has really been taken care of, works, compared with a new one.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2007, 07:57:49 AM »

They don't make things the way they used to. Compare how well an old car, that has really been taken care of, works, compared with a new one.

This is especially true in audio. By the time the fifties were in full stride, the audio industry had already made all the discoveries, commonly used today. Every, so called, "improvement" made since that time has been an effort to profitize the manufacturing of consumer goods, to a greater degree. Sure, some people think that CDs sound better than LPs, as advertised, but none of those people have ever heard what a truly high resolution, analog system is capable of.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #164 on: March 07, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
My parents married in 1968. They still have a toaster and a mixer they bought back then that work. I wonder if a toaster or mixer I'd buy today would still work in 2046.  ::)