Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106830 times)

duncvis

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #2535 on: December 10, 2007, 06:25:37 PM »
I don't get out much. All the more of a rush when I discover one of my favourite artists has a new release and I didn't know.  8)

VNV Nation - Futureperfect. I seem to go through weeks when VNV Nation is all I want to listen to.

duncvis

« Reply #2536 on: December 11, 2007, 04:33:49 AM »
VNV Nation - Burning Empires. Empires remixes, nowhere near as good as the original but a couple of interesting alternate versions.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2537 on: December 11, 2007, 05:46:44 AM »
Harry Potter soundtrack.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2538 on: December 11, 2007, 05:56:43 AM »
Bauhaus - Press the Eject and give me the tape

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2539 on: December 11, 2007, 05:57:15 AM »
fuck it, i think i'm gonna take a shower by me.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2540 on: December 11, 2007, 07:46:59 AM »
The Hold Steady, Washington 20-11-07

duncvis

« Reply #2541 on: December 11, 2007, 08:37:28 AM »
VNV Nation - Matter and Form

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2542 on: December 11, 2007, 08:46:13 AM »

I don't know why, but I'm drifting through the Ramones.

I still like some of their music, even though they have fucked me at every turn.

(They were the first ones to sue me when I tried to publish my book about the old days.    :tantrum:)

There were some good times, though, worth recalling.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2543 on: December 11, 2007, 10:38:45 AM »
did you make a tell all book about some of their incestuous ways?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

duncvis

« Reply #2544 on: December 11, 2007, 12:08:40 PM »
Rotersand - 1023

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2545 on: December 11, 2007, 12:28:16 PM »
did you make a tell all book about some of their incestuous ways?

Oh, hell no.

It was just my adventure stories over about an eight year period, documented with photographs and editorialized with my brilliant and witty commentary. The Ramones were only a very small portion of the whole, representing only a two week tour, but their lawyers were very pro-active at not allowing anyone to mention them outside their control.

Part of the process of publishing legally required the publisher to acquire a number of releases.
I only had a few proper releases and, in my naiveté, I thought I could publish anyway, since it was mostly a work of fiction, like a joke book, but based on real life and about real people.

Next thing I knew I had "Cease and Desist" orders from twenty two different bands, several I thought were my friends, and two more law suits, preventing any mention of anything. The publisher got even more suits and all they had done was make scans of my layouts and send specific portions to the legal staff at certain recording companies who held absolutely ridiculous and restrictive copyright documents on the bands they owned as slaves.
I was done with the project at that point.

Meh. I was devastated at the time, but it's old news.
My kids will enjoy the manuscript. It's actually six three-ring binders worth of photos and my typed out comments, captions and stories of life on the road with pop-rock bands of the eighties. Think of a giant scrapbook in six volumes, typed on a word processor, instead of calligraphied. Actually there are some handwritten parts, but they are scans from bar napkins and notes people had given me, like a threat of death if the light hits "Ed" (Van Halen) in the eyes and he falls down again and funny shit like that. I did not have anything do with lights, though. :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 12:59:43 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2546 on: December 12, 2007, 03:44:10 AM »
Beethoven Sonata 21 in C

duncvis

« Reply #2547 on: December 12, 2007, 04:27:01 AM »
Sigur Rós - Takk

duncvis

« Reply #2548 on: December 12, 2007, 05:03:32 AM »
Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2549 on: December 12, 2007, 05:12:47 AM »
Beethoven Sonata 23 in F