Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106975 times)

Kosmonaut

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #2400 on: November 28, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »
The Stooges - The Stooges

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2401 on: November 28, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »

I'm doing some old school, nw.

I have a tape from the mid eighties (near the end of my logn hair career) of Bloodrock spinning right now. I don't knnow why I get the Crown machine going when I am so fucking stuffed, but I love this tape.

Bloodrock  is some killer concert material.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2402 on: November 28, 2007, 05:29:59 PM »
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2403 on: November 28, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »

You don't want to know.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #2404 on: November 28, 2007, 07:12:56 PM »

You don't want to know.

That only makes me want to know even more.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Kosmonaut

« Reply #2405 on: November 29, 2007, 05:42:07 AM »
Joy Division - Heart And Soul

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2406 on: November 29, 2007, 06:37:20 AM »

You don't want to know.

No, trust me on this one thing.

(Actually, I put it in another thread. I was listening to some early metal-like stuff, see above, but it was increasing stress levels in the house, so I put on "nature sounds" recorded in the Canadian Rockies.  I warned you, but hey ... it worked - everyone mellowed out.)

Planning to spin the old Bloodrock tape again when I am home alone in a couple of hours.  Now, I'm rewarding the kids for getting ready early, by playing a kid's Disney CD.

:yikes:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2407 on: November 29, 2007, 07:32:35 AM »
Soundgarden - Pretty Noose

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2408 on: November 29, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »

This old Bloodrock tape fucking rocks!!

I have it cued to spin as soon as my wife heads out to the store. The floor will be shakin' in about ten minutes!

duncvis

« Reply #2409 on: November 29, 2007, 12:48:29 PM »
Chrome - Blood On The Moon

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #2410 on: November 29, 2007, 02:02:41 PM »

You don't want to know.

(Actually, I put it in another thread. I was listening to some early metal-like stuff, see above, but it was increasing stress levels in the house, so I put on "nature sounds" recorded in the Canadian Rockies.  I warned you, but hey ... it worked - everyone mellowed out.)

Planning to spin the old Bloodrock tape again when I am home alone in a couple of hours.  Now, I'm rewarding the kids for getting ready early, by playing a kid's Disney CD.

That was a letdown.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2411 on: November 29, 2007, 02:25:53 PM »

You don't want to know.

That was a letdown.

I tried to tell you. I am always honest.

Right now, Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar,  Frank Zappa

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2412 on: November 29, 2007, 03:44:57 PM »
I Wish My Baby Was Born - The Be Good Tanyas
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #2413 on: November 29, 2007, 05:24:48 PM »
The Lime Spiders - 25th Hour
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2414 on: November 29, 2007, 07:52:12 PM »
I Wish My Baby Was Born - The Be Good Tanyas

OK, you've got me there.

I am unfamiliar. Google will be my friend?

I've had a blast today. My wife's two hour shopping trip turned into a marathon. I shook the floor most of the day. Hell, if the sun won't shine then maybe the metal will take my SAD away!
It was a very heavy music day.

Peeled off some Vicious Rumors, Soldiers Of The Night  a bit ago.

Playing low now, with Magnum, On A Storyteller’s Night spinning.