Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106902 times)

Kosmonaut

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #2370 on: November 26, 2007, 09:21:21 AM »
Beethoven Piano Sonata 19 in G

duncvis

« Reply #2371 on: November 26, 2007, 01:54:56 PM »
VNV Nation - Futureperfect

duncvis

« Reply #2372 on: November 26, 2007, 03:03:18 PM »
Assemblage 23 - Failure

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2373 on: November 26, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »
Nouvelle Vague - Making Plans for Nigel
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #2374 on: November 26, 2007, 04:19:46 PM »
Icon of Coil - Serenity Is The Devil

duncvis

« Reply #2375 on: November 26, 2007, 05:29:29 PM »
Killing Joke - Democracy

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2376 on: November 26, 2007, 05:33:07 PM »
Stereophonics came into my mind so felt compelled to listen.

Before that the Strokes.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2377 on: November 26, 2007, 05:38:46 PM »
Nouvelle Vague - In A Manner Of Speaking
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2378 on: November 26, 2007, 05:41:20 PM »

I've gotten a new pre=release Ravi Coltrane to listen to. One of my buddies, who works for him at RKM and knows that I love everything ""Coltrane,""   sent me a couple of CDs, which I received, today. One is to be released in the next week or so and the other for next year.

The one for release in the coming year has my interest. It is a live performance recorded at a museum recital from his trip to India, where he met his namesake for the first time and jammed together. The letter says Ravi plays clarinet and flute, while Ravi Shankar plays his sitar, while Shankar's daughter plays about nine different drums, while ...

I really love the Coltranes!.

I need to get the kids to bed, NOW! 

... but it's still too early.

(hey, it could have been just bills, again, in the mail ... :D)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #2379 on: November 26, 2007, 06:09:22 PM »
Mortiis - The Smell of Rain

Offline enronh

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2380 on: November 26, 2007, 06:37:28 PM »

I've gotten a new pre=release Ravi Coltrane to listen to. One of my buddies, who works for him at RKM and knows that I love everything ""Coltrane,""   sent me a couple of CDs, which I received, today. One is to be released in the next week or so and the other for next year.

The one for release in the coming year has my interest. It is a live performance recorded at a museum recital from his trip to India, where he met his namesake for the first time and jammed together. The letter says Ravi plays clarinet and flute, while Ravi Shankar plays his sitar, while Shankar's daughter plays about nine different drums, while ...

Like all that music. Made the connection when you mentioned Ravi Coltrane before. You're just reminding me. Thanks.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2381 on: November 26, 2007, 07:50:56 PM »

Like all that music. Made the connection when you mentioned Ravi Coltrane before. You're just reminding me. Thanks.

Really?

If you go to Ravi Contrane's website, there are several songs available for a free listen. They are more than just samples, too. Click "music,"  then "download."  You may like it if you are interested in free form jazz.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline enronh

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2382 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »

Really?

If you go to Ravi Contrane's website, there are several songs available for a free listen. They are more than just samples, too. Click "music,"  then "download."  You may like it if you are interested in free form jazz.

Oh yeah, for sure.  Had a listen on youtube.   And always liked Sitar and Ravi S. (And India etc :) )

Reminds me I should listen to Jazz more often.  I'll be sure to check out that link!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2383 on: November 26, 2007, 08:25:45 PM »

Really?

Oh yeah, for sure.  Had a listen on youtube.   And always liked Sitar and Ravi S. (And India etc :) )

Reminds me I should listen to Jazz more often.  I'll be sure to check out that link!

Not much sitar, but if you are into the Indian sounds, don't overlook Ravi Coltrane's beautiful mother. Her music is very deep. Not many samples here, but lots of spiritual stimuli. Look up her music when you want a more Hindu vibe.

I have all of hers, too. I can recommend them, highly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:27:45 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline enronh

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2384 on: November 26, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »

Really?

Not much sitar, but if you are into the Indian sounds, don't overlook Ravi Coltrane's beautiful mother. Her music is very deep. Not many samples here, but lots of spiritual stimuli. Look up her music when you want a more Hindu vibe.

I have all of hers, too. I can recommend them, highly.

Cool.  Nice expression: 'spiritual stimuli'   

The East signifies truth for me. They just cut to the chase.