Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106696 times)

duncvis

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #240 on: April 08, 2007, 07:21:53 PM »
Stimming my tits off to Funker Vogt - Navigator. Apparently Iron Brew has caffeine in it. Hairy dogs cocks.  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #241 on: April 09, 2007, 03:47:52 AM »

It would calm me down at first, but discovering that caffeine is in some product where I did not expect to find it, really pisses me off. Putting alcohol back into the mix will be interesting. for me, because it fucks up everything.

Right now, it's all about Hendrix.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #242 on: April 09, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »
:woohoo:
Yeah for Hemp!

These hemp coned speakers are getting some good reviews ...

(decent clickage for the audio head)

is there anything the plant can't do?  8) :stoned:

Yeah.... spare you from having a case of 'The Munchies'  :popcorn:
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2007, 05:52:52 AM »
Miles Davis, "Files De Kilamanjarol"
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2007, 07:49:10 AM »
straight outta compton.
crazy mother fucker named ice cube.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2007, 04:12:03 PM »
Miles Davis, "The Complete Live at The Plugged Nickel".  I prefer Friday night's jams.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2007, 10:56:41 AM »

Los Lobos, "Wolf Tracks"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »
Bugs Henderson, ripped from a boot tape, recorded in the eighties. Hard motorcycle rock. This old fucker still plays here and there.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:49:04 AM by Calamity Jane »

duncvis

« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2007, 02:44:30 PM »
Bugs Henderson, ripped from a boot tape, recorded in the eighties. Hard motorcycle rock. This old fucker still plays here and there.

Sounds like fun. :headbang:
* duncvis looks for Motorhead albums

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »

This shit is KILLER. On top of being a cool head, with a gut-bucket sense of what to do on a rock guitar riff, he's classically trained. He uses all five fingers on both hands to make rockN fuckN roll. I have eight hours worth of pretty good jams. I really miss guitar rock.

Offline ASpHole

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2007, 06:24:48 PM »

This shit is KILLER. On top of being a cool head, with a gut-bucket sense of what to do on a rock guitar riff, he's classically trained. He uses all five fingers on both hands to make rockN fuckN roll. I have eight hours worth of pretty good jams. I really miss guitar rock.

Actually, Guitar Rock is alive and well, but seems to be on prolonged sabbatical in Scandinavia and Japan:

This is Boris, or rather a Boris collaboration. Boris, featuring lead guitar player that looks like a dimunitive Japanese Schoolgirl wielding a Les Paul and a large wall of 70's era Orange Amplifiers.
http://www.myspace.com/borisatlast

The following URL is not a truly adequate representation of what Eternal Elysium can do:
http://www.myspace.com/eternalelysiumjapan

Guitar Wolf if you like it sloppy and Garagy:
http://www.myspace.com/sftokyo

Moving over to Norway, we have a band that sounds like a punked up blend of Kiss, Cheap Trick, Raw Power Era Iggy and the Stooges, Ted Nugent, and looks like a cross between The Village People and Marilyn Manson. Their 'Apocalypse Dudes' CD was probably one of the Best CD's released in the 90's. They imploded during the tour supporting 'Apocalypse Dudes', and had their Res - Erection in 2003, but their post Res - Erection releases havn't been as strong, though they definately put Rock and Roll back on the map for Scandinavia, and proved that there was more up there besides ABBA, Devil Worship, and Church Burning.
http://www.myspace.com/turbonegro

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2007, 07:05:21 PM »

Actually, Guitar Rock is alive and well, but seems to be on prolonged sabbatical in Scandinavia and Japan:

Thank you and I know you are right. Some very good suggestions, there. Turbonegro, I had not heard, but I like the little blurb I heard on myspace.

What I should have said is that I miss being involved, but please, post more!.

Offline ASpHole

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2007, 08:48:43 PM »

Thank you and I know you are right. Some very good suggestions, there. Turbonegro, I had not heard, but I like the little blurb I heard on myspace.

I think that their 'Asscobra' and 'Apocalypse Dudes' CD's display the band at their creative apex. Apocalypse Dudes has better production and musicianship, while Asscobra has a rawer, unpolished, and more punked up sound.

duncvis

« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2007, 09:46:37 PM »
I like Eternal Elysium. Haven't heard much Turbonegro but I keep meaning to check em out - Hellacopters and Backyard Babies are good fun though.  8) Also, its worth checking out 'I Used To Fuck People Like You In Prison' Records' roster. Some good shit there. More sleazed up over the top barroom rock and Sabbathalikes than you can shake a shitty stick at.  :green:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2007, 07:31:18 AM »
Strange thing happened last night. I went to hear a friend play, about midnight. He is working up a new band and I was asked to put in my "two cents" and offer some PA help. These artsy types don't seem to get the technical  end of music making and sound re-inforcement so I whored out, once again, for the fun of it all.

We ended up at his apartment and he has a new wicked-assed connection speed (he pulls over a megabyte/second on some sites with his cable). I downloaded buttloads of Ozrics, Tanzwut, Turbonegro, Rammstein, Skinny Puppy, Infected Mushroom, ALL of the Meat Beat Manifesto, Velvet Acid Christ, Wumpscut and basically everything I can remember from this thread and the other one. I actually ran out of shit I could think of to download (but, I'm tired, maybe I'll sleep tomorrow).

I need to get back over there and clean out the sixty gigs of MP3s I downloaded. I brought home eight CDs loaded with good shit. I'm spinning one, now, Ozrics.

Oh, it was all legal - cost me seventy something bucks. I will not bat an eye!