Author Topic: What's in the mail today?  (Read 6991 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What's in the mail today?
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2022, 07:10:24 PM »
This was yesterday:
Two bras (they fit really nicely, so that's a first).

A book to give Mum on Mother's Day. It's about how things were in Australia in the 50s and 60s with heaps of photos. I'm hoping Mum will have some stories to tell.

A box of stamps from a friend. I'm waiting for the right time to go through it properly with no distractions.

I don't think I'm going to get any mail today, heh.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 07:12:31 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2022, 07:32:38 PM »
Surgarbutt received a gift from the girl, and we got a haircut coupon.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2022, 07:38:48 PM »
My facemasks I wear at work (and in public)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2022, 10:17:26 AM »
Don't know yet what might be arriving in the mail. My son broke the mail box post last night.

NOT his fault. I had noticed that the big post that goes into the ground, holding up the entire structure, was a little loose when we first moved in to this new home. Kind of put it on the back burner as just one more ""little"" thing to fix on our fabulous home as we settle in FOREVER.

He opened the mail box door last night and the 4x4 post broke and fell over. :yikes:

I am still mostly bunged with a healing injury, so I called to find a handy man to fix it for me. Seems like I found the right guy, so far. Lives in town, 100% BBB rating, anxious to work. Should be fixed tomorrow, if not today.

Good Gods, man, I was stressed about this. I'll just write a check and it will be done. I hope.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2022, 10:32:00 AM »
This was yesterday:
Two bras (they fit really nicely, so that's a first).

A book to give Mum on Mother's Day. It's about how things were in Australia in the 50s and 60s with heaps of photos. I'm hoping Mum will have some stories to tell.

A box of stamps from a friend. I'm waiting for the right time to go through it properly with no distractions.

I don't think I'm going to get any mail today, heh.

Sounds like a great gift for your Mum. I did not know that you folk down south had a Mother's Day. Cool! It is a special day here, for sure.
So, you think having good mail on one day has used all your mail karma for the day?
 :LOL:

I might open the box of stamps first, but REALLY?  You mail ordered something as personal as a couple of bras AND THEY ACTUALLY FIT?

I wish you could reveal the alchemy you used so I could show it to my daughter. My wife has ordered those a few times, opens the box and just throws them in the trash. Doesn't even bother trying them on. "I ordered by size. Who in my size did they think this would fit?" She has stopped trying.

My daughter always "tries" to use what she orders, but usually her orders end up in the donation bin or, in a case like this, the trash bin fairly quickly.
Now, I live with two busty women, so maybe that "doubles" their problems.
:hide:

But hey, actually getting a decent fit is amazing.

Tell me more about your box of stamps when you have time.
 ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 10:35:59 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2022, 01:51:17 AM »
^This was my third try buying bras online. I've found a certain company that makes them just right. I now have four bras that fit properly. I'm busty too, so going to a regular department store is out of the question. They have nothing to fit me. I've donated a few bras after buying them, trying them on and being dissatisfied with the fit.

Tomorrow is Good Friday so I'm planning on it being Stamp Day. I can't wait.

I think I've used up my mail karma indeed because all we got today was a letter from the state political party. It went into recycling.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2022, 11:35:18 AM »
I have had three people stop by, noticing my mail box looking as if it fell defeated in a lost battle with Time, lying on the ground. Helpful people, wanting to help the New Guy to the neighborhood.

I have been informed that there is a set price (much less expensive than my own plan of action) from the HOA to fix this for me and I do nothing.

I am not used to depending upon an organization to do useful things, but knowing this in advance might have helped to alleviate some of the stress I felt after the mailbox's battle with Time.

Either way, the problem is well on its way to being resolved. Drama Queen behavior is set aside for now.
 :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2022, 08:24:41 PM »
Wow.
The guy came and fixed the mailbox post; done in about an hour and a half - cemented hole well below the frost line, painted, level, all done, finished, better than new.
He charged me about eighty bucks less than his original estimate. I felt like I should split the difference with him. But instead, I gave him an $80 tip for his good work and speedy resolution.  I love it when people do what they say they are going to do!
We are both happy.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2022, 05:37:07 PM »
I guess we've only been getting junk mail because I haven't seen any mail lately. Sugarbutt checks the mail and puts it on the counter, and I deal with it. He must be tossing the junk into the recycle because there's been nothing on the counter for a few days.  :dunno:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2022, 08:47:10 PM »
Kayleigh got some Transformers, Bulkhead and Shockwave? I don't know if I got that right. These are to add to her collection.

Edit: It's Soundwave. How could I have gotten that wrong? ;)

Been going through my box of stamps. I have found a place for all the Polska stamps, in my stamp folder. But I'm definitely going to have to buy more pages and/or albums.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 11:51:47 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2022, 11:49:20 AM »
Junk mail
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2022, 05:26:25 PM »
There's a Burger King coupon flyer sitting on the counter where the mail usually lands. I'll wait until Sugarbutt comes back to ask him. Things like that usually come in a bundle with other junk so that makes me think it's intentional. We don't eat out, so I'm really not sure why it's there.  :lol1:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2022, 10:02:11 AM »
My son got bill from the tolls down near NYC and I got junk mail
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2022, 10:43:51 PM »
We don't have tolls here in Western Australia. The first time I saw them was when on holiday in Queensland. They supposedly use the money on road upkeep. Our roads in the west are just as good though.

Kayleigh got three more Transformers - Ratchet (my favourite), Brawn and Hotrod. I don't think she'll be buying any more for a while.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:46:30 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2022, 06:39:36 PM »
A bill and a bank statement.  :orly: