Author Topic: What's in the mail today?  (Read 8419 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What's in the mail today?
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2022, 07:58:21 PM »
Kayleigh got three more Transformers - Ratchet (my favourite), Brawn and Hotrod. I don't think she'll be buying any more for a while.
She got another Transformer - Arcee. I said to her that her other one looks better but she answered that this new one is from a different series.

All I got was a superannuation newsletter.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2022, 11:55:01 PM »
There's a Burger King coupon flyer sitting on the counter where the mail usually lands. I'll wait until Sugarbutt comes back to ask him. Things like that usually come in a bundle with other junk so that makes me think it's intentional. We don't eat out, so I'm really not sure why it's there.  :lol1:
Did you solve the mystery of the Burger King flyer?

Today we got a big box parcel. I was expecting it, it's a new drawer for our freezer. It's plastic and also in the box were a lot of beads and padding. I'm peeved because the drawer has a crack in it. I'm wondering how it happened. Kayleigh has used superglue on it and hopefully that's enough. I was all ready to send it back but now that it's glued I guess we can't.

I also got an envelope full of UK stamps from a guy who's downsizing his collection.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2022, 07:22:13 AM »
There's a Burger King coupon flyer sitting on the counter where the mail usually lands. I'll wait until Sugarbutt comes back to ask him. Things like that usually come in a bundle with other junk so that makes me think it's intentional. We don't eat out, so I'm really not sure why it's there.  :lol1:
Did you solve the mystery of the Burger King flyer?

Today we got a big box parcel. I was expecting it, it's a new drawer for our freezer. It's plastic and also in the box were a lot of beads and padding. I'm peeved because the drawer has a crack in it. I'm wondering how it happened. Kayleigh has used superglue on it and hopefully that's enough. I was all ready to send it back but now that it's glued I guess we can't.

I also got an envelope full of UK stamps from a guy who's downsizing his collection.

Yes, it was intentional. A couple of months ago, he got caught out and about when it was time to eat and had grabbed burger so he thought that might happen again. They're actually really good coupons but I doubt they'll get used before they expire. I put them in the crap drawer anyway.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2022, 12:35:47 AM »
I'd like a burger right now.

I got some purple camo pants. I'm wondering if they'll fit me.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2022, 12:07:38 PM »
No mail today. It's Saturday and mail service here is like Italy in the 70s.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2022, 12:31:55 PM »
The cable bill, some junk, and a small package I think might be a gift for Jack.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2022, 09:26:36 PM »
The pants do fit me, yay!

On Friday I got some filler pages for a stamp binder. Only I don't have the binder which I ordered way before the filler pages. I wonder what's going on.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2022, 08:04:36 AM »
You can still work with the pages while you're waiting for the binder to arrive.

It seems to take ages for things to arrive. I ordered some speaker crossover air core inductors back in February (https://www.parts-express.com/crossover-inductors-table), from a well established supplier and they backordered them. Possibly to ship in July. That will be OK for me, because that is my timeline for getting my shop up and running again, but if you are in business and NEED this stuff now, you're screwed.

Hope your stamp hobby is giving you joy!

BUT, mail order succes ordering pants, and they fit, is really cool.  Shoes is as close as I have come lately and I had ordered the exact same shoes I had before, using the inner labels to identify.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 08:59:16 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2022, 08:13:28 AM »
Not actual USPS mail, but my neighbor whose easeway the movers had torn up and we fixed yesterday, placed a long winded thank you letter in my mailbox. He's a lawyer and  "long winded"  is what he does for a living.

It was a nice letter.

They seem to want to explore the possibility of having a relationship.

There's a road between us and our yards are between. "Hi!" if we are taking trash out at the same time, I'll wave. That's close enough for me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 08:16:11 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2022, 07:34:39 PM »
Yep, I've filled five of the filler pages already. It didn't take long! I've ordered another binder too.

Good neighbours are precious. In our complex I have three good neighbours. One of them recently even cleaned our wheelie bin.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2022, 08:41:11 PM »
It was before the weekend, but, an HDMi to DisplayPort adaptor.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2022, 06:19:11 PM »
The binder came but I think it was the first one I ordered, over a month ago. So I'm going to have two when the other one gets here.

Also, Kayleigh bought a book about Ahsoka for me. Ahsoka is in Star Wars: The Clone Wars most famously and I really like her character. Looking forward to reading the book.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2022, 01:04:58 AM »
We watched the first two seasons of Clone Wars. Kids loved it, but we kind of got distracted by something else.  Probably anime. My son is heavy into that these days and thinks that everyone should just love it as much as he does. I indulge him a bit.
I've seen the Clone Wars series available on disc. I should keep that in mind as a gift for one of them.

I was impressed by how great they did on the soundtrack and the stories are fun.

I've read a couple of Star Wars paper back collections, but never Clone wars.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 01:16:26 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2022, 01:11:41 AM »
I was bitching earlier about how it takes so long to get stuff, but I had an example of the opposite today.

Last night my son was asking for help sharpening one of his blades. I asked what he was using and brought out this nice stone I had not seen.
I have broken a few of mine and I said I wanted one just like his.
That was about 7pm lasst night and I ordered one from Amazon, along with another finer grit.

They arrived here this morning around 10AM. Surprised me!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2022, 01:45:01 AM »
Sort of the same happened to Kayleigh. She ordered a Transformer - Galvatron I think - yesterday afternoon and it got here today at about midday. She said they must have had it at Perth Distribution Centre for it to get here so quick. Perth is the most isolated city in the world so we expect deliveries to take a while.
Tek'ma'tae