Politics, Mature and taboo > Political Pundits

The other trump card in the gun debate.

(1/17) > >>

Yuri Bezmenov:
The  first one being, the one that 4 Ace Deal ignored in the previous debate. If you ban or restrict guns in one area, they will just be illegally imported from another. Ban guns in the US and they will just flood across the border from Mexico...  just like Mexicans.

--- Quote from: Go Piss Up A Rope on November 23, 2017, 11:01:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: FourAceDeal on November 19, 2017, 03:20:40 PM ---Chicago brought in tough controls.  But the Republican states around it didn't.  So people get guns from the nearby uncontrolled states and they end up in Chicago.

See?  That's how logic works. Cause and effect.

--- End quote ---

You've actually stumbled upon a good argument without realizing it.

Let's take your logic to the next level.

Let's say the US passes strict gun control nationwide.

We have a border to the south that you Limeys don't have where we couldn't stop 12 million+ Mexicans from coming into our country. That's not to mention the millions of tons of illegal drugs that come across our southern border too. While were at it, we have millions of tons of drugs coming into the US from China. Yeah, we can't stop that either.

So how do you propose to stop guns from entering the US illegally, I'm gladly waiting for your answer.   ;)

--- End quote ---

He never replied, nor has anyone else on the other side of the argument.

Now here's the second trump card, "Ghost guns". Guns that are made with home made receivers that have no serial numbers that can't be traced or controlled by the government.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ghost-guns-shooting-rancho-tehama-california/

Machinists like me can now make a small fortune by making receivers for sale out of my garage on a benchtop milling machine.

If I plop down the money for a sheet metal press, I can make high capacity magazines in my garage too.   8)

Minister Of Silly Walks:
In other words, if the United States were to implement sensible gun control, they would face the exact same problems that every other country with gun control faces.

F*ck! I never thought of that!!!

Calandale:
GPUAR has a point with the easy production though - and it's just going to get easier.

It's also not likely to stop with the kinds of guns which are easily available. Digital contraband
shan't be easy to fully prevent. If something isn't resolved about the base human nature,
shit's gonna hit the fan pretty hard.

Minister Of Silly Walks:

--- Quote from: Calandale on January 08, 2018, 09:55:16 PM ---GPUAR has a point with the easy production though - and it's just going to get easier.

It's also not likely to stop with the kinds of guns which are easily available. Digital contraband
shan't be easy to fully prevent. If something isn't resolved about the base human nature,
shit's gonna hit the fan pretty hard.

--- End quote ---

Exactly the same problems that every other country with sensible gun control will face.

In Australia we already have a situation where a determined person who wants to get their hands on a gun usually can. Most criminal gangs, for example, already have decent stockpiles of illegally obtained and unregistered firearms. This doesn't negate the benefits of gun control.

Yuri Bezmenov:

--- Quote from: Minister of silly walks on January 08, 2018, 09:51:27 PM ---In other words, if the United States were to implement sensible gun control, they would face the exact same problems that every other country with gun control faces.

F*ck! I never thought of that!!!

--- End quote ---

Uuum no.

In Australia, you're like, you know, on a fucking island and shit. It's a LOT easier to control your borders than it is in the US.

Also, your criminal gangs aren't nearly as large as ours nor do you have a significant black population.

Furthermore, you have neither an entrenched gun culture, nor a large firearms industry like the US has.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version