Educational

Author Topic: Agenda 21  (Read 11282 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Agenda 21
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 02:03:57 PM »
Does it forbid hunting with bows and arrows too? That might be a problem, of course.

It forbids "modern hunting". You are not allowed to leave your "smart growth zone" without the proper authorization. Sooo, how are you gonna go hunting?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

TheoK

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 02:06:03 PM »
Does it really say so? Then it's pretty absurd. Although you don't need meat to survive, of course. But not being allowed to move is pretty extreme.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
Does it really say so? Then it's pretty absurd. Although you don't need meat to survive, of course. But not being allowed to move is pretty extreme.

The whole thing is extreme. Dude I get it. It looks really nice the first time you skim through. If you really study that stuff though, and study the activities of the people making these plans, you'll begin to understand that its not for your benefit at all. Its actually very familiar, and its happened like a bajillion times as long as people could build societies. Some charismatic people have some good ideas, they inspire hope in people. Everything seems to be going real good, and....

I will never stop...

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 05:37:49 PM »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
Rage, I think you are unaware of a lot of crap that goes on in unregulated, OR big corp, OR black market businesses. A lot of agricultural activities not only deplete the earth of minerals, pollute nearby water sheds, ruin chances of certain species to regain any footing, increase the prevalence of nasty bugs (swine flu, avian flu, etc), kill off species we NEED to fucking breathe (phytoplankton in ocean and trees on land), but many of the activities may be illegal (or cutting corners), and infringing on indigenous rights for sustenance farming and hunting, and other traditional activities.

If you look into this stuff you will be scared shitless about what we are doing to the planet, and to our ability to sustain ourselves without NEEDING big corps. We are not dying to save it, we are saving it to save ourselves.

Gawd. What do you think, ONLY the gov'ts are capable of screwing things over?

You are so paranoid about the Big Brother that your are overlooking a shit ton of things. Same rhetoric as a politician dude. REMEMBER conspiracy theorists are nothing but politicians. That is all they are. Get the real facts.

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 05:44:05 PM »
Rage, I think you are unaware of a lot of crap that goes on in unregulated, OR big corp, OR black market businesses. A lot of agricultural activities not only deplete the earth of minerals, pollute nearby water sheds, ruin chances of certain species to regain any footing, increase the prevalence of nasty bugs (swine flu, avian flu, etc), kill off species we NEED to fucking breathe (phytoplankton in ocean and trees on land), but many of the activities may be illegal (or cutting corners), and infringing on indigenous rights for sustenance farming and hunting, and other traditional activities.

If you look into this stuff you will be scared shitless about what we are doing to the planet, and to our ability to sustain ourselves without NEEDING big corps. We are not dying to save it, we are saving it to save ourselves.

Gawd. What do you think, ONLY the gov'ts are capable of screwing things over?

You are so paranoid about the Big Brother that your are overlooking a shit ton of things. Same rhetoric as a politician dude. REMEMBER conspiracy theorists are nothing but politicians. That is all they are. Get the real facts.

p.s. I am not saying Agenda 21 is good or bad...still haven't read the whole thing. but I am saying that your are jumping to conclusions without understanding WHAT they are referring to when they mention these things.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
Kapkao-One use I could think of, would be in the form of triphenylarsine (although I usually use the more prevalent, and cheaper, triphenylphosphine myself), for such things as inducing crystallization of difficult to crystallize things, arsenic finds use as a common n-type semiconductor dopant, as well as in laser crystals.

Plenty of other uses, chemical warfare agents (lewisite, and some of the vomit agents like adamsite and other chlorovinylarsine derivatives), pigments (napoleon is thought to have suffered arsenic toxicosis from arsine, evolved from the paris green, an arsenical pigment, in the wall paper), and the first successful drug to combat african typanosomiasis (sleeping sickness) was an organoarsenic derivative also.

How does define 'modern' in terms of hunting. semi-auto rifles? black powder muzzle-loading fossils?
And who really gives a stuff if its legal or not. If you are hungry, poaching puts food on the table (assuming you bag something while your out of course)

And heh...the day your scenario comes to pass rage, then it will no longer be rabbits I'm after poaching, but bigger, more..cerebral...game. Shit goes all post-apocalyptic, I reckon my..talents, would make for a pretty good insurgent haha.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 06:16:18 PM »
http://www.icleiusa.org/about-iclei/faqs/faq-iclei-the-united-nations-and-agenda-21#what-is-agenda-21

Agenda 21 is not a treaty or legally binding document and does not infringe upon the sovereignty of any nation, state, or local government. Agenda 21 does not advocate for abolishing private property or have any bearing on U.S. local and state land-use decisions. In other words, it isn’t being forced on anybody, anywhere, by any organization.

If you were trying to enslave everyone, would you tell them, or would you lie, and do the same kinds of things all the thousands of tyrants in human history did? Odeon. You act like being human livestock is virtuous.

Do you have any proof or are you simply assuming that the UN lies?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 06:22:06 PM »
But most of those things are unsustainable in the long run. That isn't stupid at all, that's very wise, although it is of course uncomfortable for us to change our way of life.

Agriculture? Private property? Land that serves human needs. Mhm. According to Agenda 21, we all die to save the planet. Which eventually dies anyway.

We actually don't need agriculture. We have it because we are too lazy to hunt and gather food like people did 10000 years ago.

Agenda 21 also forbids hunting.

It doesn't *forbid* anything.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 06:25:17 PM »

The whole thing is extreme. Dude I get it. It looks really nice the first time you skim through. If you really study that stuff though, and study the activities of the people making these plans, you'll begin to understand that its not for your benefit at all. Its actually very familiar, and its happened like a bajillion times as long as people could build societies. Some charismatic people have some good ideas, they inspire hope in people. Everything seems to be going real good, and....

What is your argument, exactly? Because Nazis were scary, these environmental dudes must be scary too? What?

And are you planning on actually proving something instead of employing strawman argumentation?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
But most of those things are unsustainable in the long run. That isn't stupid at all, that's very wise, although it is of course uncomfortable for us to change our way of life.

Agriculture? Private property? Land that serves human needs. Mhm. According to Agenda 21, we all die to save the planet. Which eventually dies anyway.

We actually don't need agriculture. We have it because we are too lazy to hunt and gather food like people did 10000 years ago.

Agenda 21 also forbids hunting.

It doesn't *forbid* anything.

Information is not easy to come by on this from an unbiased source so I poked around some at   
United Nations Environment Programme
environment for development

You are correct in saying that it forbids nothing as it is only guidelines and suggestions, actual laws are up to the governments who wish to take on those suggestions.   They can take these things as far as they want and pick and choose what they want and that is one reason I don't see it happening with such dire consequences as many portray although they did ban smart phones in Florida so you never know.  What really stands out to be is the massive amount of bureaucracy it would create and for something that is about being sustainable  how would it sustain itself.  Bureaucracies also tend to just make things worse and impose stupid rules like magicians having to license  and  have a written disaster plan for having even just one rabbit
Link

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 06:16:10 AM »
And this is why people shouldn't rely on information online. Most of it is bollocks.

Sadly, misinformation is how most conspiracy theories are born. They're driven by cognitive bias and rarely hold up when put under scrutiny.

Still, it's an interesting source for my dissertation which I'm researching ahead of schedule. Even have a title: "Faction or Fiction? Misinformation and the Internet".

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »
omg rage. You are....frustratingly not realising the facts. I guess I will have to dig them up somewhere for you.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »
omg rage. You are....frustratingly not realising the facts. I guess I will have to dig them up somewhere for you.
D'awww.... he's gonna try to fix stupid.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2013, 07:17:04 PM »

What is your argument, exactly? Because Nazis were scary, these environmental dudes must be scary too? What?

And are you planning on actually proving something instead of employing strawman argumentation?

No, because almost every political structure like the current ones today resulted in demicide as far back as human history goes. And that's a lot of cultures, and a lot of people murdered by their government. I'm not falling for it.
I will never stop...