Educational

Author Topic: I need feminism/the men's coalition because I am a fucking coward.  (Read 6041 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: I need feminism/the men's coalition because I am a fucking coward.
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2013, 06:42:27 AM »
Yet women ( on average), in the same job with the same education do not make the same as men.

Any evidence?
impatient and dense.
 I already provided a link.  You can do your own research.

I have to go to work.  See, instead of crying that life isn't fair, that the women's rights coalition is beating us poor men down, I choose to do something for myself.  Right now I'm going to earn a living.
Also, instead of living in fear that everybody is against the straight white male I embrace others plight for equity.  I choose to not live in fear.
It is quite freeing, others should try it.

In the meantime, I am happy to see women earn at the same rate as men.  Have health protections such as abortion rights. Happy to see them free from being the property of men.  These are good things.  I wish them more of it.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2013, 06:42:51 AM »
Men are raped as well, but even so, rape has nothing to do with whether women of today have rights or not that men have.

Have you been following what is going on in India? Rape has everything to do with the rights women have. Or do not have, in this case. In India, it is still possible to get away with rape because society will blame you if you are a victim, the police will actively suggest you to not report the crime, and the judges will be biased if it does go to court.

There may be laws in place for perceived, skin-deep equality but you will be put in your place if you actually seek it.

You can tell that to the feminists in the more civilized nations (like USA) who are too busy attacking an imaginary entity and trying to put men, in general, in a negative light (unless they suck up to them and agree with everything they say) and don't have time to be concerned about the more serious issues going on in other countries like the one you stated.

Also, even if laws were put to protect women from being raped, this wouldn't stop rape from happening. So this shows that having rights is one thing and the probability of getting raped is another thing. There may be a link, but a man or a woman may still get raped within a society that has laws to punish rape.
it goes back to my entitlement by birthright argument.  Thanks for understanding.
The idea that men can just take women is something inherent to our culture.

Women are not as weak as you make them out to be. And they are not any more victims of cultural disadvantages than men are.

All sorts of people suffer and are abused. Rape is just one form of abuse.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2013, 06:44:45 AM »
Men are raped as well, but even so, rape has nothing to do with whether women of today have rights or not that men have.

Have you been following what is going on in India? Rape has everything to do with the rights women have. Or do not have, in this case. In India, it is still possible to get away with rape because society will blame you if you are a victim, the police will actively suggest you to not report the crime, and the judges will be biased if it does go to court.

There may be laws in place for perceived, skin-deep equality but you will be put in your place if you actually seek it.

You can tell that to the feminists in the more civilized nations (like USA) who are too busy attacking an imaginary entity and trying to put men, in general, in a negative light (unless they suck up to them and agree with everything they say) and don't have time to be concerned about the more serious issues going on in other countries like the one you stated.

Also, even if laws were put to protect women from being raped, this wouldn't stop rape from happening. So this shows that having rights is one thing and the probability of getting raped is another thing. There may be a link, but a man or a woman may still get raped within a society that has laws to punish rape.
it goes back to my entitlement by birthright argument.  Thanks for understanding.
The idea that men can just take women is something inherent to our culture.

Sorry was that, it is inherent in our cultural to protect women and men who rape women and molest women are seen as dogs by society and yet it still unfortunately occurs? I may be misunderstanding your wording.

Correct.
Rape is no more condoned or culturally encourage in Western Countries than desecrating grave sites is or sex abuse of children and yet these too happen.
Rape is an action of a male bully trying to force his dominance and satisfy his want to sexually dominate a victim. It is not that men and women are bought up to inherently think of this as a good thing or an accepted thing.
not following any train of thought to the contrary.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2013, 06:46:12 AM »
impatient and dense.

Personal attacks aren't getting you anywhere.

I already provided a link.  You can do your own research.

You provided a link, but that link showed nothing that demonstrates what you say.

I have to go to work.  See, instead of crying that life isn't fair, that the women's rights coalition is beating us poor men down, I choose to do something for myself.  Right now I'm going to earn a living.
Also, instead of living in fear that everybody is against the straight white male I embrace others plight for equity.  I choose to not live in fear.
It is quite freeing, others should try it.

You are crying that life is unfair, not me. I'm just trying to put things in perspective for you.

In the meantime, I am happy to see women earn at the same rate as men.  Have health protections such as abortion rights. Happy to see them free from being the property of men.  These are good things.  I wish them more of it.

Ah, now they're earning same pay. I thought you said they didn't. :zoinks:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2013, 06:46:44 AM »
Ah, the old false rape charge.

I see you didn't read my links.  Thank you for playing anyways.  It is estimated that about 94% of all rapes go unprosecuted.

What is the percentage of men that are falsely charged? Any evidence?

Compare the two and once again you are applying the exception to the whole.
Misunderstood.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2013, 06:47:56 AM »
"Rape is an action of a male bully trying to force his dominance and satisfy his want to sexually dominate a victim."

Erm I think you'll find that rape isn't purely done by men dude... i've been raped by a woman. and she wasn't male!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2013, 06:49:36 AM »
Not personal attacks.  You showed impatience by stating that I was dodging.  When in fact I was bust.
Dense because you didn't read the links (benefit of doubt) or understand them (likely).
I didn't start by making personal attacks. You proved yourself worthy

No slow down.  Drop all your preconceived notions. Do some research and come back.

Misunderstood.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2013, 06:50:38 AM »
Ah, the old false rape charge.

Quote me implying that.

I see you didn't read my links.  Thank you for playing anyways.  It is estimated that about 94% of all rapes go unprosecuted.

I asked you for evidence for something else, didn't I? Why are you twisting things now, McJagger?

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2013, 06:52:26 AM »
Because he loves the twist! i did too once hehe.

Let's Twist again, like we did last summer :p

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »
Not personal attacks.  You showed impatience by stating that I was dodging.  When in fact I was bust.
Dense because you didn't read the links (benefit of doubt) or understand them (likely).
I didn't start by making personal attacks. You proved yourself worthy

No slow down.  Drop all your preconceived notions. Do some research and come back.

Research doesn't mean just coming up with links and posting them in the forum and declaring them as evidence.

They need to support what you say.

Also, I never said that rapes don't happen often and unnoticed. So drop your preconceived notions of what you think I'm saying and you do some real research for a change.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2013, 06:57:22 AM »
He already did some research, he led you in the direction that he was alluding to, did you even take a look at the link!? I didn't but then again i'm not actively arguing about it, but i do find your increase in writing temperature amusing!

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2013, 07:00:43 AM »
He already did some research, he led you in the direction that he was alluding to, did you even take a look at the link!? I didn't but then again i'm not actively arguing about it, but i do find your increase in writing temperature amusing!

You didn't, but I did. So shut it. :P

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2013, 07:01:46 AM »
I think that rape is up there with any other crime you would choose to throw out there. Men who do this are subhuman and oxygen thieves. I know that this has somehow been tied into a debate on equality. So what is the argument in general terms?
Because it happens to more women than men it is an inequality? That would be a silly argument.
It should happen to more men to realign the balance? That would be odd
More women should be given the opportunity to be rapists to close the difference in the percentage of male to female perpetrators? Odd

Ought it REALLY have a place in equality debates? Ought men similarly make demands to be able to carry babies or give birth as an equality issue?

It all seems silly. Rape is many horrible things. It is an important issue in its own right but hijacking it into an equality debate is bizzare
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2013, 07:04:17 AM »

You didn't, but I did. So shut it. :P

Did you really!? I doubt it :p

Mind you even if you were to satrt quoting the stuff i didn't bother looking at, how would i know :p

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2013, 07:06:14 AM »
Al, if you're wondering why people are getting confused, then maybe you should look at the title of this thread... that is the context for this thread right, so bringing up rape in the thread is adding extra confusion to the topic right!?