Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133904 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1740 on: November 18, 2007, 02:54:39 PM »
oh yeah - i did that too.

AND, callaway, i did a machine wash (next door, cos my machine has died), AND a handwash (spun it next door, too) - of all the things i've knitted recently.

are you jealous, callaway, dear thing?  ;)

Insanely jealous.   :laugh:

I need to do laundry instead of sitting here posting.

:laundry:

Put in a load of laundry.

:laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1741 on: November 18, 2007, 02:58:24 PM »
I just put in the third or four load of laundry of the day
It never ends
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1742 on: November 18, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »
Hid from a vacuum salesman :-[

Kirby?

I think you did the right thing by not inviting them inside.

I have someone calling me trying to set up a "free carpet shampooing for any room in my house" that "I won" and it is supposed to take just 45 minutes.

I had one of those before.  They were there for hours and hours and never managed to even vacuum the whole room, let alone ever attach the shampooer to shampoo the carpet in there.  I think that I had already vacuumed the whole room before they got there, but they wanted me to get out my vaccum to compare and they just kept going over and over the same spot on the carpet with their little filter paper instead of a bag and then they wanted to go to my bed and vacuum my mattress.  The whole time, they kept asking, "What is it going to take for you to buy this Kirby today?"

By this time all I really wanted was for them to leave my house without me having to buy a $1600 plus vacuum cleaner to get rid of them, which I had no intention of doing, and there was no way I was going to let these strangers go into my bedroom.

DirtDawg is probably more persuasive than I am, but I thought having the Kirby salesmen in my house was a nightmare.

I looked at a Consumer Affairs website to see if my experience was common (it was) and then I saw that they treat their employees like dirt too, making them work incredibly long hours without paying them.

I've been a Kirby salesman. its like a fucking cult. i lasted six (eighty hour) weeks before deciding I couldn't do the job and sleep soundly. fucking sharks.

I thought that you had been, Dunc.  Did they ever pay you what they promised when you signed up?

duncvis

« Reply #1743 on: November 18, 2007, 03:18:08 PM »
Nope. I wrung about half of it out of the area distributor. My uncle and I plotted to completely fuck his BMW up one Friday night but thought better of it. Cunts.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1744 on: November 18, 2007, 03:18:54 PM »
I just put in the third or four load of laundry of the day
It never ends

I just put mine in the dryer and hung up the things that I don't dry in the dryer.

Here a humorous website that has stuff on kirby the rest of his articles are very funny also http://cockeyed.com/citizen/kirby/kirby_techniques_2007.shtml

That sounds pretty much like my experience with them.

At first, I was outraged with the salesmen for not delivering what they promised, a free, no obligation, 45 minute carpet cleaning.

Then when I saw the website, I just felt bad for them that they had to work for Kirby.

Their new trick is to give you a "free gift" of little monetary value, like a small box of baking soda, for example.  Then they ask to demonstrate their other cleaning products in your home.  If you say OK, then they go and get the Kirby out of the van.  If you say no after you see the Kirby, they ask for you to return the "free gift" to them.

:laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1745 on: November 18, 2007, 03:20:09 PM »
Nope. I wrung about half of it out of the area distributor. My uncle and I plotted to completely fuck his BMW up one Friday night but thought better of it. Cunts.

So the area distributor drives a BMW?  Is it like a pyramid scheme where the distributor makes more money off your sales than you do?

duncvis

« Reply #1746 on: November 18, 2007, 03:29:11 PM »
Oh aye, the team leader gets a slice, then the area distributor gets a bigger slice, then the distributor gets one. thats why they cost several times what they're worth, cos they have to fund the 'prize' trips and stuff to keep the rookies interested, the luxury cars and shit of the branch managers, and the distributor's fucking yacht payments.  ::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1747 on: November 18, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »
Did some laundry today, too, actually. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1748 on: November 18, 2007, 04:51:08 PM »
Did some laundry today, too, actually. :P

I'm doing a second load now.

:laundry:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1749 on: November 19, 2007, 02:00:17 AM »
One load of washing today, I have already hung it out on the line.

I went and handed in my information for the job at Kmart. There was so much paperwork, I have never seen it like that for a job before. I was then told that I would have to do some online tests. So I am waiting for their email now.

I also went and renewed my licence. I had to have my photo taken. I hope it turns out well.

When I got home I weeded the back garden and swept all the spider webs from the windows and eaves.

Now I am here.:)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1750 on: November 19, 2007, 02:04:28 AM »
I hung mine up on hangers and then hung it out on the line, but it was too cloudy, so I had to bring it inside and hang it on a rack.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1751 on: November 19, 2007, 02:17:01 AM »
mine went straight on the radiators - i haven't got a washing line (it fell down, and i can't be arsed to put another one up), and besides, it makes the air nice and humid, which doesn't exacerbate the eczema.  not pretty, of course, but hey, i so very rarely have visitors, i don't care.

the problem with the eczema is that i'm having to change clothes far more often - it's a bloody pain, i tell you.   :grrr:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1752 on: November 19, 2007, 02:19:27 AM »
My drying rack is in the room with the furnace and water heater.

I would think that you would want to wear soft cotton next to your skin.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1753 on: November 19, 2007, 02:24:16 AM »
My drying rack is in the room with the furnace and water heater.

I would think that you would want to wear soft cotton next to your skin.

oh gods, absolutely - organic for preference (although i can't afford many of those).  it just gets covered in skin, which is fairly revolting, and makes me itch.  and then it gets covered in whatever gloop i'm flinging all over myself.  and of course, i can't wear any deodorant, although that's not a huge problem, as i rarely wear it anyway.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1754 on: November 19, 2007, 02:33:26 AM »
I hung mine up on hangers and then hung it out on the line, but it was too cloudy, so I had to bring it inside and hang it on a rack.
You too! :)
I hang GAs good shirts and his jacket on hangers and then on the line, I have only known my mum to do that as well. I don't hang underwear and socks up outside, I use an inside rack for them.

I rarely use the dryer, it uses a lot of power.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae