Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134072 times)

ozymandias

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1350 on: October 03, 2007, 06:37:06 PM »
I passed the tox-screen!

Those things really bother me but it seems they want them everywhere you try to get a job these days >:(

Glad you passed :clap:

They're the norm if you work in the health field, especially if your a nurse!

They seem to be the norm even in construction now too

Seems obvious in a job where you could possibly have to be insured in a company vehicle, but even places where you may have contact with the public require a drug screen these days. I was a little worried, because I got a little crazy at a New Year's party this year.

I know it's been nine months, but they have really improved chromo-spectrogram technology in the past couple of years. I'm sure you know this, Ozy.

I was a little worried that some cannabinols might be detected.

I have a friend who was a lifetime marijuana user.  He had been working for the town road crew since forever.  He quit pot completely for the reason that it's so much harder to conceal usage any more.

Soph

« Reply #1351 on: October 03, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »
i went to the museum

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1352 on: October 03, 2007, 10:35:16 PM »
glue your hands
to the desk.

I type with my toes.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1353 on: October 04, 2007, 01:13:34 AM »
congrats, DD! ;D :party:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1354 on: October 04, 2007, 02:00:16 AM »
Got the kids dressed, fed and off to school- just grabbing a quiet 10 minutes before I have to get ready to go out again.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1355 on: October 04, 2007, 02:15:57 AM »
Talked my sis-in-law into sitting with the kids when I go for a pre-orientation meeting at my NEW JOB!!!

I passed the tox-screen!

YAY, DirtDawg!

:best:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1356 on: October 04, 2007, 02:19:10 AM »
That's great news dirtdawg- when do you find out if you've got the job?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1357 on: October 04, 2007, 04:47:58 AM »
great news, dawg!  :hug:  :woohoo:

today, so far, i've panicked about money; about the latest cock-up with my PhD (none of my doing); about not being able to get out of the house to go for a run/shop, cos i'm stressed; about when the fuck i'm going to get some work; about how i'm going to eat next month...

:(

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1358 on: October 04, 2007, 04:49:27 AM »
:( :hug: :hug: :hug:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1359 on: October 04, 2007, 05:17:22 AM »
That's great news dirtdawg- when do you find out if you've got the job?

Thanks, everyone. I have a tentative offer at this point and technically I will be on the payroll tomorrow, but it is actually an elimination session. Some of us won't be able to fit their mould, by the end of next week, which is when the probationary period will start. I swear it's like a fucking computer dating service or something.

I don't mean to make it sound like so much drama, centered around an hourly wage job, but if you are nearly un-employable, it is great just to have a chance to prove you are still able.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1360 on: October 04, 2007, 05:21:28 AM »
I passed the tox-screen!

Those things really bother me but it seems they want them everywhere you try to get a job these days >:(

Seems obvious in a job where you could possibly have to be insured in a company vehicle, but even places where you may have contact with the public require a drug screen these days. I was a little worried, because I got a little crazy at a New Year's party this year.

I know it's been nine months, but they have really improved chromo-spectrogram technology in the past couple of years. I'm sure you know this, Ozy.

I have prescriptions for everything I have but don't want to have to explain them because they will show up as they are among the ones they test for

Hey, Parts, the prescriptions you have ARE the explanations. That's all that needs to be said - You are under a doctor's care. It's things for which you have no prescription, that might cause you problems.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1361 on: October 04, 2007, 05:36:52 AM »
I passed the tox-screen!

I have prescriptions for everything I have but don't want to have to explain them because they will show up as they are among the ones they test for

Hey, Parts, the prescriptions you have ARE the explanations. That's all that needs to be said - You are under a doctor's care. It's things for which you have no prescription, that might cause you problems.

I know but then they start with the questions and doubting your ability with "Well why do you need these anxiety meds maybe they will affect your performance" "What if there is an accident "  I'd rather not go into these thing with people who think of these things as weakness or just don't understand. I am also very much opposed to the very idea of it for most jobs
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 05:38:31 AM by parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #1362 on: October 04, 2007, 02:44:29 PM »
:dawg:

ALRIGHT DAWG!!! :woohoo:

good luck matey. hope all goes well. :thumbup:

ozymandias

« Reply #1363 on: October 04, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
Went to my guitar lesson and felt pretty good about some blues progressions and chords that we went over! ;D

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1364 on: October 04, 2007, 03:03:08 PM »
:dawg:

ALRIGHT DAWG!!! :woohoo:

good luck matey. hope all goes well. :thumbup:

Thanks, Dunc!

It's been two and a half years since I was employed. I hope I can remember how to nod and smile a lot, for the first few days. :laugh: