Author Topic: Bitches, have you voted?  (Read 3027 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Bitches, have you voted?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 09:46:58 AM »
It's wrong to vote. It's wrong that there are governments and people ruling other adult people  :thumbdn:

Other adults will rule you whether you choose to have a say in who they are or not.  I would rather have a say.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 09:47:55 AM »
I didnt vote.

I'm very supportive of that.  I believe strongly in a minimum IQ.

TheoK

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 09:50:29 AM »
It's wrong to vote. It's wrong that there are governments and people ruling other adult people  :thumbdn:

Other adults will rule you whether you choose to have a say in who they are or not.  I would rather have a say.

And why is it so? Because 99.99% accept it. The bastards in charge are no gods or supermen, they are just psychopaths with great firepower, which they also have because the majority once accepted to be oppressed. 200 years ago the American people could simply have gotten rid of their oppressors. It could have happened in Europe too but longer back in time. But people accepted oppression.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »

And why is it so? Because 99.99% accept it.

Yup.  And it won't ever change.  The world exists as the majority chooses for it to exist.  If you are the 0.01%, you can either rail against the system in a pointless fashion (I'm sure this feels good, but don't see it ever accomplishing anything), or you participate in the system and thereby work towards making it represent you as best you can.  Or you go live in a small shack in the woods and write a manifesto ;)

TheoK

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
Living in a small shack and writing a manifesto is  :viking:

TheoK

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:11 AM »
One note: it's not that most people like the current system. In fact, most people hate it. Most people don't have any visions of anything better, though, because they think small.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »

Indeed it is  :viking:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
I didnt vote. why? its completely pointless and I think thats how they nab you for fucking jury duty so no thanks

That's an old myth that needs to die.  Selecting potential jurors solely from voting records has been declared unconstitutional pretty much everywhere.  Names are received from voter rolls, driver licenses/ID registries, and other public records.  Drawing from voter rolls in the past meant that otherwise that a jury would not include minorities. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 11:18:56 AM »
:lol1:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
Voting is now a responsibility yeah. But it is also a right. People shouldn't forget that, as I'm pretty sure we'd (most of us lol) be up in arms about it if that right was taken for away. It;s easy to take for granted now.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »
One note: it's not that most people like the current system. In fact, most people hate it.

I'm not sure that is demonstrably true.

TheoK

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »
One note: it's not that most people like the current system. In fact, most people hate it.

They don't like it, but they don't have imagination enough to understand that it's possible to do without it.

Take society back at about 1800 and earlier. Most people were farmers living on what they produced on their own land. What good could authorities be for them? Nothing. People just had to pay taxes and go to wars for the psychopaths in charge.

The thing is that the system is fundamentally still the same, but since there are things like "democracy", "social benefits" etc, people believe or fool themselves to believe that this system is to their benefit. It's not.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »

They don't like it, but they don't have imagination enough to understand that it's possible to do without it.

Take society back at about 1800 and earlier. Most people were farmers living on what they produced on their own land. What good could authorities be for them? Nothing. People just had to pay taxes and go to wars for the psychopaths in charge.

The thing is that the system is fundamentally still the same, but since there are things like "democracy", "social benefits" etc, people believe or fool themselves to believe that this system is to their benefit. It's not.
I think that people WERE wanting a more organized system though. The electoral college in the US was developed in 1787 and although it seems ridiculous now (that electoral vote trumps popular vote, we don't have that in Canada) it was put in place to appease the needs of all parties.

I don't know. Politics is a confusing thing but I'm glad I have to right to vote, it's something I exercise at every given possible chance and I'm thankful I don't live in a country where I should be fearing death just to go to a polling station.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

TheoK

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »
But why would a farmer who could live on what he harvested need a political system or authorities at all?

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 02:11:52 PM »
But why would a farmer who could live on what he harvested need a political system or authorities at all?
But not everyone were farmers. What about business owners? In every society, no matter what time period, there is a hierarchy that develops. That's human nature. I think if a hierarchy were to go unmoderated in some capacity, you'd have mass chaos.