Educational

Author Topic: Bitches, have you voted?  (Read 3039 times)

TheoK

Re: Bitches, have you voted?
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »
Why do you need authorities to do business? Why do you need a hierarchy among adult people by their sound minds? This thinking is the Catch-22 that keeps this system existing.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
Why do you need authorities to do business? Why do you need a hierarchy among adult people by their sound minds? This thinking is the Catch-22 that keeps this system existing.
I'm saying that it is something that people have consistently put in place themselves for thousands of years. I don't think it's something that people seek out to put into place, I think it naturally develops on its own. There are people that are born leaders. It's a talent they have and they feel propelled to use it. Just as there are people who have zero desire to hold that role and naturally shy away from it. I think hierarchy develops on its own. How can one fight human nature?
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

TheoK

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »
If that is human nature, how come countries and societies must be held together by violence or threats of violence?

Those in top positions are usually psychopaths, while those with no desire for power are not. Is it "human nature" to be ruled by psychopaths?

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »
If that is human nature, how come countries and societies must be held together by violence or threats of violence?

Those in top positions are usually psychopaths, while those with no desire for power are not. Is it "human nature" to be ruled by psychopaths?
I absolutely agree that it appears as if societies must be held together by violence and it's not something I can even begin to explain because I don't understand it myself. But it seems to exist at the roots of every society.

I don't agree that all people in top positions are psychopaths, but I can certainly think of several. There are people with a commanding authority that seem to climb to the top and those that willingly follow them. But just as I don't believe all people in a place of authority are psychopaths, I also don't believe that all people that support them are blind followers. I do think it takes a great deal of ego to feel one has the chutzpah to lead a nation. 
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »
But why would a farmer who could live on what he harvested need a political system or authorities at all?

Because that doesn't exist anymore.  Farmers need things like water pumped to their fields, electricity for their homes, gasoline for their tractors, fertilizers and seeds.  They don't make their own clothes or shoes.  They have to participate in society, and society needs rules in order to keep the weak from preying on the strong.

Even the Amish have society.

TheoK

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »
But I speak of the era 1800 and back in time. They had no use for a government back then, which shows that the government forced itself upon people and wasn't something that people gave their consent to.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »
But I speak of the era 1800 and back in time. They had no use for a government back then, which shows that the government forced itself upon people and wasn't something that people gave their consent to.

Yeah, I don't follow your logic at all.  My country was a democracy in 1800, and people voting are giving their explicit consent.

TheoK

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
No, it wasn't. It was (for middle and upper class white people) less bad, but that's all.

You should really listen to what they say in that Spooner link.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 03:53:28 PM »
I didnt vote.
I'm very supportive of that.  I believe strongly in a minimum IQ.
My horse won heehaw so I guess this means we have the same IQ. you can kill yourself now~
:skywarp:

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
I didnt vote. why? its completely pointless and I think thats how they nab you for fucking jury duty so no thanks
That's an old myth that needs to die.  Selecting potential jurors solely from voting records has been declared unconstitutional pretty much everywhere.  Names are received from voter rolls, driver licenses/ID registries, and other public records.  Drawing from voter rolls in the past meant that otherwise that a jury would not include minorities.
Uh? ok, well When I was in california they defintly go by the DMV, however I dont think they do in Arizona

midlifeaspie

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 04:14:44 PM »
I didnt vote.
My horse won heehaw so I guess this means we have the same IQ. you can kill yourself now~

You didn't vote, so you don't have a "horse".  Now shut up, the grown-ups are talking politics.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »
I voted for Obama, I came close to voting for neither but I didn't want Romney in office so I voted for Obama.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »
I didnt vote.
You didn't vote, so you don't have a "horse".  Now shut up, the grown-ups are talking politics.
See that was the beauty of it. you went to all the trouble to vote for me heehaw, thank you.  :-*

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 05:45:53 AM »
If it weren't for the government, you wouldn't be getting your spazz money.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 06:47:58 AM »
If it weren't for the government, you wouldn't be getting your spazz money.

Indeed. Swedes pay taxes, so you can get your hair cut.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!