Educational

Author Topic: Hilarious  (Read 10718 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Hilarious
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »
I have been fair and decent to her throughout despite all.
Lie....

I didn't have to be friendly at all given all but gave her the benefit of the doubt and even when she turned and started telling tales like she's my closest friend and painting a very warped picture in her wake, I am still responding to her as a person. You are the liar, clearly.

You misread that post. I never said you were in a mental institution I was referring to myself! How many times must I explain that?! Also, anything I said about you was based on posts you have made.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2012, 09:24:02 PM »
My response to the bolded part of the quotation is that it is not your place to determine that one person or one side should unilaterally stop responding to provocations of troglodytes throwing feces. If you choose to do that perhaps you should run your own forum. One failing I see built into you running your own forum as you see fit is that your default setting to support the underdog will go catawumpus because that would make you "the man" who oppresses the proletariat instead of being Robin Hood.

And you don't have to listen to a damn thing I say. I don't want to run my own board and I don't want to be someone coming down from on high and determining that one person or one side should stop responding. I have an opinion but I can't enforce it and I have no problem with that.

I do have respect for Odeon being "the man" and making calls sometimes, or I wouldn't still be here. I'm out to balance that. Different roles in the group, and so what? Is your point that you believe one is inherently better than the other?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »
My response to the bolded part of the quotation is that it is not your place to determine that one person or one side should unilaterally stop responding to provocations of troglodytes throwing feces. If you choose to do that perhaps you should run your own forum. One failing I see built into you running your own forum as you see fit is that your default setting to support the underdog will go catawumpus because that would make you "the man" who oppresses the proletariat instead of being Robin Hood.

And you don't have to listen to a damn thing I say. I don't want to run my own board and I don't want to be someone coming down from on high and determining that one person or one side should stop responding. I have an opinion but I can't enforce it and I have no problem with that.

I do have respect for Odeon being "the man" and making calls sometimes, or I wouldn't still be here. I'm out to balance that. Different roles in the group, and so what? Is your point that you believe one is inherently better than the other?

The problem is, many, if not most people who take that role make no discrimination between good calls and bad calls; I've been called out on mod actions that were clear cut before and the person calling me out has been shouted down by everybody. The initial banning of DTX comes to mind. On the flipside, you have admins who do NOT take any criticism and immediately reach for the banhammer. Those are people who should not have mod privileges on any forum that wants to stay healthy and alive.

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2012, 09:30:59 PM »
Lie....

I didn't have to be friendly at all given all but gave her the benefit of the doubt and even when she turned and started telling tales like she's my closest friend and painting a very warped picture in her wake, I am still responding to her as a person. You are the liar, clearly.

You misread that post. I never said you were in a mental institution I was referring to myself! How many times must I explain that?! Also, anything I said about you was based on posts you have made.

DFG, it wasn't that but all that preceded it and other posts attempting to label me in so many ways that you did. You were wrong and any time you attempt to frame me that way I will disagree with you and your judgments of who you think I am.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2012, 09:32:31 PM »
The problem is, many, if not most people who take that role make no discrimination between good calls and bad calls; I've been called out on mod actions that were clear cut before and the person calling me out has been shouted down by everybody. The initial banning of DTX comes to mind. On the flipside, you have admins who do NOT take any criticism and immediately reach for the banhammer. Those are people who should not have mod privileges on any forum that wants to stay healthy and alive.

That may be so. I don't know what situation you're talking about (who is DTX?) but sure, there are people who don't discriminate between good calls and bad calls.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »

That may be so. I don't know what situation you're talking about (who is DTX?) but sure, there are people who don't discriminate between good calls and bad calls.

DTX is a piece of work who was banned from AFF and continued to return constantly for months - I alone must have banned him 50+ times. In the end we had to go to his ISP to get him to fuck off*.

* Returning to a forum you've been banned from is a crime in the UK (Computer Misuse Act 2003 Section 1, Unauthorised Access to Systems, Section 2, Facilitating Unauthorised Access to Systems)

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
Lie....

DFG, it wasn't that but all that preceded it and other posts attempting to label me in so many ways that you did. You were wrong and any time you attempt to frame me that way I will disagree with you and your judgments of who you think I am.

I wasn't trying to offend you. I was trying to get the fighting to stop. I'm sorry about that. I won't bother anymore.

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
* Returning to a forum you've been banned from is a crime in the UK (Computer Misuse Act 2003 Section 1, Unauthorised Access to Systems, Section 2, Facilitating Unauthorised Access to Systems)
Thats why i'm happy i dont live in the UK.
:skywarp:

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
Lie....

I wasn't trying to offend you. I was trying to get the fighting to stop. I'm sorry about that. I won't bother anymore.

Yes, please do spare me your incredible bother to put me down while attempting to "make peace". Truth be told you remain an instigator and enjoy playing the field, clearly. Please, do me no favors if that is in fact what you call it.

P7PSP

« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2012, 10:06:59 PM »
And you don't have to listen to a damn thing I say.
No I do not. But when your position is that bodie and Callaway have an obligation to stand down and leave Meadow Troglodyte, or someone else, to throw feces unopposed you can expect me to tell you why I believe such a position is bullshit.
I don't want to run my own board and I don't want to be someone coming down from on high and determining that one person or one side should stop responding. I have an opinion but I can't enforce it and I have no problem with that.

Bringing Meadow's "humanity" into play in this thread while ignoring the "humanity" of those on the receiving end of Meadow's vitriol is just you once again applying differing standards to Meadow versus anyone arguing with her. Would you care to make a case for which posters here are not "human"?
I have not ever picked someone to side with based on achieving a balance. That seems like an inherently flawed method to me. Let's see  :apondering: side A has 5x members and side B has 2x members, ergo I should support side B without regard to what positions they are promulgating because they are the underdogs*. When I do choose to jump on one side or the other it is most often due to actually agreeing with a position. Of course some of our pissing contests here are more visceral and less about issues. Meadow's charming style has made her own predicament primarily visceral from my perspective. It sure as hell did not start out that way.

*This is exactly what I see you doing in advocating for Meadow. As I stated before you would have done a crap job in negotiating an armistice. 

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »
Thats why i'm happy i dont live in the UK.

I have to agree. Bit harsh isn't it to declare it a crime? I presume even using a proxy alone would be classed a criminal offence; due to the fact using some open proxies would constitute unauthorized access.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »
But when your position is that bodie and Callaway have an obligation to stand down and leave Meadow Troglodyte, or someone else, to throw feces unopposed you can expect me to tell you why I believe such a position is bullshit.
You do know that that's long since been dealt with and worked out, right?

Bringing Meadow's "humanity" into play in this thread while ignoring the "humanity" of those on the receiving end of Meadow's vitriol is just you once again applying differing standards to Meadow versus anyone arguing with her. Would you care to make a case for which posters here are not "human"?
Absolutely not, because I don't think anyone here is not human.

I have not ever picked someone to side with based on achieving a balance. That seems like an inherently flawed method to me. Let's see  :apondering: side A has 5x members and side B has 2x members, ergo I should support side B without regard to what positions they are promulgating because they are the underdogs*. When I do choose to jump on one side or the other it is most often due to actually agreeing with a position. Of course some of our pissing contests here are more visceral and less about issues. Meadow's charming style has made her own predicament primarily visceral from my perspective. It sure as hell did not start out that way.

*This is exactly what I see you doing in advocating for Meadow. As I stated before you would have done a crap job in negotiating an armistice.
I'm not trying to negotiate an armistice, because nobody here is armed with anything but words. Nobody is going to die if someone slips up. That makes it a different kind of playing field, and different tactics are effective. Primarily that there's no need to come down so hard on signs of aggression.

It's visceral, yes, but I think that's plenty reason to be concerned with balance instead of ideas. Then there's space to get back to the ideas once the visceral stuff has quieted down.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
Lie....

Yes, please do spare me your incredible bother to put me down while attempting to "make peace". Truth be told you remain an instigator and enjoy playing the field, clearly. Please, do me no favors if that is in fact what you call it.

Putting you down? I spoke the truth. Could what you mean be I simply refuse to see things your way. You certainly have a distorted viewpoint. You did say a lot of ugly assed things and you still refuse to admit it. That is the truth. I am not going to lie for you.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »
Lie....

Putting you down? I spoke the truth. Could what you mean be I simply refuse to see things your way. You certainly have a distorted viewpoint. You did say a lot of ugly assed things and you still refuse to admit it. That is the truth. I am not going to lie for you.

Don't talk about me in a disparaging manner all around the forum and expect me to sit quietly and take it. You are another who appears to be proficient with telling tall tales and when those tales are stated as facts against another individual it can be seen as slander. You don't know my business so stop speaking of me as if you do.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »
Lie....

Don't talk about me in a disparaging manner all around the forum and expect me to sit quietly and take it. You are another who appears to be proficient with telling tall tales and when those tales are stated as facts against another individual it can be seen as slander. You don't know my business so stop speaking of me as if you do.

I can easily find all the crap you said about people. I will in 2 days. My school is more important than this.